Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Video Game Music that makes you cry

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I've never really cried from video game music, but I know Midna's Lament made me pretty sad.

But that's not a unique case, I would assume.

Posted

None. I'm about as sensitive as a rock.

'Balled of the Wind Fish' from Link's Awakening always choked me up, though I've never cried over it.

Posted

Definitely the ending credits to OoT, Jared.

Haven't actually played FFVII, but I've heard the music that plays when Aeries dies, and that is pretty emotional.

Marle's theme in Chrono Trigger I always felt was really sad and beautiful. The ending theme was also great in the way that it sounded triumphant and sad at the same time. Pixietricks' cover of the ending theme with lyrics is really nice too, if you listen to ocremix stuff.

You might not know this one, but the ending from Aquaria. I don't want to spoil it in case you play the game, but you actually feel sorry for the final boss after you kill him, which is odd. And this beautiful piano music starts up. I can't find it on Youtube, but let me assure you that it's very pretty.

Posted

I've never cried because of video game music, but been saddened. And for most of it, it's not really the music by itself but when it's played. Like Midna's Lament, as Sahaqiel brought up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_opfCXvOcXM

That one is part of a sad scene so it gets me.

Posted

The ending credits theme for Mario and Luigi Partners in Time made me quite depressed, but then again that whole game is really depressing.

That's all I can think of for now.

Posted

Again, as others have stated... I don't cry to video games songs, (if I do, it's very rare)... I will be saddened, however. Moreso because of when the song is played.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OeBTca8Pth4

This plays during sad scenes or after the death of one of the villagers in the town that the hero, Alundra is staying. Unlike Zelda, this is no happy story! >:c People are dying left and right! This song can play very often depending on how long and quickly you play. :c It's possible for you to feel the emotions that the hero is going through, which is why this is a great RPG. I have gotten sad many times whilst playing this. c: Of course, I'm ready for the last dungeon in the game!

Posted

The only songs I've cried to were more because of a combination of lyrics and music. Like I'll get quite depressed over a couple songs if I think about the lyrics too much, because ffff.

Posted

I don't usually cry to video game music either, but the only one that did was the Mother 3 Love Theme. Though it's the slow version. Not the fast one from the begining of the game/Brawl. It's just a sad song for such a sad game.

Posted

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvq8v7lSsbE

It's a nice and peaceful song when you boot the game up, but when you know how the story ends, it starts to tug on those heartstrings. The song itself doesn't make me want to cry, but hearing it and knowing how it all ends is pretty sad. Plus, a different variation of this song was played in the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQcOfyzUYJg&feature=related

This guy named Dom has been searching for his wife for years, going from lead to lead. There are times in Gears 2 where he just barely misses her, like if he had been there minutes earlier he would've found her. When he finally finds her, she's a Locust slave who's been brutalized so badly she's skin and bones, can't even talk anymore, just suffering all over. Kinda like a holocaust victim who's been in the camp for too long with too little to eat, and too much torture. At this point, she's pretty much a vegetable, more or less a walking corpse. The only choice he's left with is to end her suffering for her, and he has to shoot her.

Posted

this theme song

Posted

Fine music that makes you sad!

The music when you leave your parter in Pokemon Explorers of Time/Darkness was REALLY sad and made me cry too.

Posted

Mass Effect 2 had music that made me want to cry tears.

...Of joy. Uber joy from the epicness of the amazing moments that happen in that game. Like, the unveiling of an amazing space ship that is yours, and, then you leaving in it:

This ship is the Normandy SR-2, a bigger, stronger, more advanced version of the Normandy SR-1 from the first game. The SR-1 was destroyed in the beginning of the game, and you died saving the pilot, Joker, who is also the pilot for the SR-2. The group Cerberus, an extremist pro-human group, devotes two years of work, billions of credits, and countless resources on the Lazarus Project, which brings you back to life, and created the SR-2.

Or narrowly escaping an huge enemy space station(and I do mean HUGE), flying away through a debris field with this huge-ass explosion right behind you, just barely escaping it:

Also, on that mission, your choices that you made throughout the game with your squad play a key role in whether or not they survive. If you have their loyalty, they'll survive it. So keep in mind that while you're playing through that mission for the first time, escaping the base and all, you're sitting there wondering if everyone is going to make it or not, and you're worried about it because every character in your team was an interesting person that you can easily become attached to and care about. You can even have a love interest in that game. There actually is an ending where everyone dies, including you, except your ship's pilot.