I need help

58 posts in this topic

Posted

can we get an update?

Posted

Nothing happened to me specifically, but it's a well known fact that Boy Scouts are an exclusive group. Very religious. For one thing, gay people are not allowed to join.

Posted

I learned that from South Park

Posted

Nothing happened to me specifically, but it's a well known fact that Boy Scouts are an exclusive group. Very religious. For one thing, gay people are not allowed to join.

actually not true, it's a long whole deal, but no.

Posted

Um, yea. It was even in the news last year. I forget the exact details, but this gay guy wanted in the group, for whatever reason. The troop was unsure, so they asked the "higher-ups" who told them not to let them join. It is possible that I am remembering this wrong, as I am not perfect, haha.

One story I know for sure though: One of my old online friends was in scouts. He came outta the closet or whatever and was banned from the group. The only reason was because he is gay.

Posted

Big Gay Al...

Posted

ok,anymore problems?

Posted

Big Gay Al...

Yea, I saw that episode... But I'm refering to a real person.

Posted

SOO.. they said I had to finish confirmation class BUT I don't have to be confirmed.

Waste of my time in my opinion.

Posted

It totally is, but meeting them half-way isn't the worse outcome.

Posted

At least you don't have to be confirmed, I guess.

Posted

It depends on the troop you're in. In MY troop, this one scout just came out of the closet, and everyone was like GAY PRIDE :]

then we all got on with our lives. Nobody really cares all that much.

SOO.. they said I had to finish confirmation class BUT I don't have to be confirmed.

Waste of my time in my opinion.

They probably just want to make sure, and make sure you're sure you're sure, too.

Posted

It depends on the troop you're in. In MY troop, this one scout just came out of the closet, and everyone was like GAY PRIDE :]

then we all got on with our lives. Nobody really cares all that much.

They probably just want to make sure, and make sure you're sure you're sure, too.

This, it's all up to the troop, I have personally been involved in every level of scouting up to national, there is absolutely no policy against homosexuals, atheists, so on, specific troops and the places that sponsor them can disallow it (many churches do), the BSA has no policy against it though.

I have to agree with pheonix as well, they want you to finish up confirmation to make sure that you are sure in your beliefs, and so later on you can expedite the confirmation should you change your mind.