Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Being Forced to do What I don't Want, Please Help Me

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Considering your mom loves your dad, and your dad's Wiccan, I'd say try and get your dad onto your side, and have him help you explain to your mom why you believe converting is the right choice.

Posted

She may be distressed at first, but a mother will always love her daughter.

Is this like, Maiden Mother and Crone type shit?

Posted

I'd appreciate it if you didn't refer to my religion as shitdry.gif but yes the triple goddess is an aspect of our religion

Posted

Min means "shit" as a synonym for "stuff" and certainly doesn't mean to be disrespectful of another person's religion.

Because I mean anyone who is going to disrespect anyone else's religion is going to get their warn level raised.

Posted

Ah, I see *nodding to self* ok, now I gets it, thank yous

Posted

woah woah woah, Universal unitarianism is an actual religion?

because that sounds like the shit.

See what I did there? with that cleverly placed "the," I can refer to that religion as shit, but make it a compliment.

seriously though I need to look into that.

Anyways, I think you should tell your dad that you want to tell her, and try to get him in the room to help you talk to her about it. Come up with a plan for how you want your life to be after this discussion and change in pace, and bring it up with your mother, and point out how little the differences will be. Maybe she'll cooperate. And I sincerely doubt she'll even loathe you. Shes your mother, and she loves you, and she loves her husband who is of the religion you aspire to belong to. I'm sure this will go well once you talk to her about it. You'll feel anxious, yeah, but when its all over, you'll feel great.

Posted

Oh-em-gee. Is everyone here getting confirmed and hating it? I hated getting confirmed. I didn't believe in the Catholic Church... I did it anyways..... Good luck, I suppose.

Posted

Pheo, it's both. It's a religion where you can solely practice it, or it is a place where you can worship on your own without a religious affiliation, or with one other than universalism.

Posted

...that sounds like the coolest church ever.

Hey man, whats the goat for?

Oh, I was just about to sacrifice it to Satan.

Thats cool, I was just about to meditate for jesus.

Great. Lets go swim in the chocolate pudding pool.

Because If A universal unitarian church is as awesome as that, it probably has an entire gym annex of Candy.

Posted

Quoting that.

Posted

lol tyvm

Posted

What I was thinking was that I was going to get her alone (where I'm still working on) and tell her I want a serious conversation, no jk. She told me once that if I ever got pregnant as a teen, she wouldn't disown me, she's wouldn't approve, but she'd be there for me (no I am not sexually active it's just a reference point I'm making, ok?) I'm thinking if she will be with me for THAT (which I consider is the worst thing I can do at this age....) then she'll be with me for this, right? I think I should still have a back up plan if she does flip. However if I tell her it's serious and I'm not doing it to rebel against her or just to follow my dad, but I did it on my own accord. Does that sound good and wanna add anything?

Posted

Sounds about right.

Posted

There are probably some limitations, Pheo.

Posted

Pheo? What's that? Please do elaborate your limitations.