Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

People who Claim to "Have it Bad"

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, here is a story, I hope you enjoy it:

I don't attend school anymore, but when I did, my favorite class was Speech class. Well, actually it was Art class, but I'm not allowed in that class anymore. Anyways, one day we had to give a speech about ourselves. We had to pick three objects or three sets of objects the represented our past, present, and future. We had to explain them in a speech, mine was dubbed "the best" by my peers, and "one of the best" by the teacher. So, lemme give you a short example of how it was supposed to go, by using a summery of my speech.

My three objects and their meaning were as followed:

Past- I had a long chain with a removed link: It represented how I was outcasted from the other kids as a child. (For religious reasons and the fact that I'm not... Typical)

Present- A keyboard: I currently feel more comfortable manipulating an online persona then I do living in my own skin. Kinda cheesy, but ah well.

Future- I brought a strawberry and a lemon: I'm like a seed, who is still growing. I shall be a fruit of society. However, I may become sweet like a strawberry, or sour like a bad-ass lemon.

Okay, so that gave you an idea of the speech. Here is what pissed me off:

This girl comes up, pulls up three teddy bears.

"My first teddy bear, I got in the past, when my mom thought she had breast cancer, but didn't actually have it."

"My second bear was givin to me when I broke my arm last year. It hurt SO badly, and I had to where a cast for THREE WHOLE months1"

"My third teddy bear represents the bad thing that is bound to happen. But I'll get through it, cause I'm strong."

She ended it by mentioning how hard her life has been based on those two events.

That really pissed me off. How dare she claim to have a bad life, and give those events as examples. Hell, her life sounds better then most people's childhood!!

Finally, this part made my day, for I think it put the girl in her place. It also made me realize how lucky I am:

Right after bear girl got in her seat, this next girl came up. Now, this girl isn't very educated, but she makes up for it in kindness. You would never guess what her first line of her speech would be. It was something like:

"When I was six, I got shot in the stomach..."

The moral of my story is, don't you dare think you have it bad. Even the girl who was shot claimed to have a great life. I think people should learn to humble themselves, because there is always someone who has it, or will have it, worse.

Posted

See, this is why I don't rant about my problems, because I know there's always someone who has it worse.

Posted

So true. Just be glad for the good things in life instead of complaining about the little things.  I think I've had a pretty good life up to now. the thing is, sometimes people who've never really suffered will mistake the minor discomforts in life for suffering.

Sounds like an interesting assignment. I had an assignment in me French grammar class today that was somewhat like that. Those things can either be taken trivially or seriously, depending on the person. I mean, it's just a class project, but it's an opportunity to ask questions about yourself. Sounds like you took it seriously enough.

Posted

I rant only because I have to blow off steam sometimes and if I don't, I'll take it out on my stuff and then I won't have anything. I have it pretty god now, but when I was in elementary school...

:( I really don't want to talk about it.

Posted

Did anyone have a good elementary/middle school experience? I know mine wasn't exactly desirable.

Posted

I like to treat bad experiences as jokes. Which is why I don't relate them unless they have sort of punch line.

Like, "Wow, this is so bad it's actually kind of funny."

Posted

I like to treat bad experiences as jokes. Which is why I don't relate them unless they have sort of punch line.

Like, "Wow, this is so bad it's actually kind of funny."

Me too

So how about that lung cancer

Posted

Haha, I saw this video form something I forget. It went like:

Man and a Doctor are in a room

Doc: "Okay, we are gonna have a normal conversation, and I'll tell you your diagnoses within the conversation"

Man: "Okay"

Doc: "So, how are you doing?"

Man: "I'm fine"

Doc: "Really? Cause you have AIDS"

Posted

lol.

I swear though, if I got some sort of diagnosis and the doctor was like.

"Alright, your AIDS tests are back."

"K. What's it say?"

"You don't have AIDS or anything like that."

"Pretty cool."

"But you have cancer. Soz."

I would probably joke about that all the time.

Posted

Its hard to do that sometimes, but when you do, you lol.

Posted (edited)

No but I said something hateful, and don't have post self-deletion powers.

Edited by Chef Nonsense
Deleted unwanted posts (see edit history)

Posted

Did I do something to make you say something about <censored> ? Sorry if I did.

This thread wasn't directed towards any particular person on this forum.

Posted

i'll admit my life compared to at least 90% of people i rekon i have a better life than more people

no need to turn this thread into an ugly 1

Posted

Not you, PH. You're a pretty cool guy.

Posted

No, I'm not. I feel like a total jerk right now for yelling at someone in skype.... Ah well. What's done is done.

Remember! DON'T PRETEND YOUR LIFE SUCKS! However, I do believe it is okay to criticize yourself, as a person.