Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trolling

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Link

Internet reppin'.

But for serious, I can tolerate trolling for fun unless it becomes something like this.

I just kinda' shook my head, though. They obviously don't have a lot of internet experience if they think they can stop the trolling.

Posted

That's screwed up, man. Sure trolling is funny for a while, but when someone dies and torlls about it, then they're just being a dick.

Posted

but when someone dies and torlls about it, then they're just being a dick.

no ofense but i think thats kind of the point :embarrassed:

anyways, i warned all the trolls (at least on this site) that the law would do something about this. now i only have three words for them, told, you, so.

Posted

no ofense but i think thats kind of the point :embarrassed:

I know, but what I meant is that it's funny up until that point.

Posted

I lol'd when they were reading off the comments...And those kids who said they were going to fight trolling are pretty retarded.

Posted

I lol'd when they were reading off the comments...And those kids who said they were going to fight trolling are pretty retarded.

"How's it hanging?" I loved that one. And I agree with you 100%

Posted

the best way to even afect them is to just straight up ignore them. like they said in the video, they like reactions,take away the reactions and eventually theyll get bored and probably leave

Posted

You obviously lack knowledge of the power of the Troll. They aren't the same as middle school bullies.

Posted

Counter-trolling is the only response that even seems to work, IMO.

But that sets you equal to them, so...

Posted

It was intresting, and it's really sad how far trolling can go. I think what they should have advised is not for the parents to have as much control as possible over their kid's Facebook page and general online usage, but that they teach their kids not to take comments made by strangers seriously, especially if they're talking about them. Also, increase the privacy setting on their social networking pages so that only close friends can see and post messages. Tell them to be careful about posting personal information to be visible to strangers; this isn't just to prevent stalking as it is to prevent giving out information that trolls can use against you.

Basically, teach them to take care of themselves on the internet. Sure, if they're really little you should monitor what they're looking at if they're under 12 or something, but they won't learn how to handle themselves through constant online babysitting.

I do think it's really sad, and I have been pretty severely bullied online before and it's not fun.

Posted

This is hilarious. I liked the title of one of the people "Internet Safety Expert". I liked all the people that were like "We've got to stop this Internet trolling!"

I mean, this is being dicks and all, but they're trying to stop a tornado here. (Those jokes were hilarious, though.)

Posted

I lol at people that say that they will stop trolling. It's just silly. I admit, this is a little out of hand, but the only reason trolls do this is for kicks. To get a reaction from you. If you don't react the way they want, they get no kicks, and they stop trolling. These people get trolled so much because they are attention seeking little bitches that think that all of their problems can be solved by telling everyone about them and how awful they are.

Posted

You obviously lack knowledge of the power of the Troll. They aren't the same as middle school bullies.

your right phantasmagoric hero, theyre far far easier to ignore. all you have to do is read their screen name once an ignore anything they say. and if they hate pm you just reply with this

post-4821-1270496231596901_thumb.jpg

Posted

I think to post in Serious Discussion, you should have to go through a grammar test to see if you can spell simple words and know the difference between there, their, and they're as well as your and you're.

Reason why: post above.

Ending a sentence should also be a test.

Posted

Ignoring works, what are you talking about.

But what I do is play along. it works because the only ones that pick after me don't do it very well. They're the ones who pick on anybody indiscriminately. Good trolls are usually smart enough to troll effectively, and usually that means they're in it to put down stupid people. I don't act very stupid, so they don't go for me.