Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aonuma Fired, Deletes Zelda Wii

24 posts in this topic

Posted

"In a breaking news story from Japanese newspaper Gansaku Shimbun today, it seems that Zelda Wii may have to start all over again, and without one of its most dedicated staff. Eiji Aonuma, director of the Zelda series, was fired today, after several consecutive weeks of his showing up to work drunk and harassing employees, most likely due to heavy stress over the rushed release of Spirit Tracks.

Drunk and infuriated, Aonuma decided to get his revenge in the worst way imaginable – by deleting Zelda Wii. All documents, all backups
(both digital and physical) were destroyed one way another other before department security finally realized what was going on and called the police.

In a recent interview with Aonuma, he said:

“Now that I look back on what I did, I’m ashamed and I regret it deeply. I guess I didn’t like the thought of Nintendo firing me just before the release of the Zelda game that I have worked so hard on. I would ask for forgiveness and make peace with Nintendo, but I realize that they can not take me back.

Posted

[size="3"]April fools! :P[/size].........[size="1"]right?[/size]

Posted

not falling for it

Posted

Rofl.

Posted

Grr this is what I hate about this day. I can't tell anything real from fake. :cry:

Posted

I read the first paragraph and knew it was a fool of April.

Posted

Cute.

Posted

Wait, is it? I'd s*** myself if it wasn't. My Hyrule.net theme is messed up, I'm sick, and now this? I swear it'd better be the meanest April Fools joke of history [img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/T_T.gif[/img]

Posted

Tappy, you are bad at April fools day.

I am sorry.

Also, I SEE YOU LURKING DOUBLE.

Posted

I hate AFD. Its like a free jacka** pass.

Posted

I started to get sweaty and nervous for a second there. You scared me! :wacko::cry::cry:

Posted

Haha, when I did read about the drunken stuff, because of the spirit tracks release. (Very late reaction..)
I directly thought it was a April fouls joke. Though, I think this is a genius joke. :P

Also,
DD was the first to reply to Hyrule's April fools 2010! :D

Posted

Knew this was an April Fool's the minute I laid eyes on the title.

Posted

Tappy, this was very obvious. You should have been a little more subtle with the title.

Posted

How on Earth was I the only one to kind of believe it [img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/T_T.gif[/img] Sick apparently makes me gullable