Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Guild

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anybody seen "The Guild"? It's a web series that, if not for the episode length, could actually pass for television quality. It's being picked up for a 4th season, and I'm really excited. I just watched season two again, and the ending was really... I just feel bad for Codex (the main character). Felicia Day is just a great actress and writer.

Basically, the show is about the real life drama of a group of people who play an unnamed MMORPG. The main character, Cyd (or "Codex", as she is better known as) plays a healer. In real life, she tries to "heal" the drama of her guild mates. Ironically, she does this while trying to ignore her own problems. Season one is a little cheesy, but by the end of season two, you can really feel for Codex.

Season one: Zaboo, a guild mate, shows up at Codex's doorstep, begging for her love. Also, Bladezz holds the guild bank ransomed.

Season two: Codex meets a hot stunt man. The server goes down and she ends up hosting a wild party at her house.

Season three: Another guild starts attacking them, both in-game, and in real life.

It's a great show for anyone who enjoys games, MMOs, or just dysfunctional people trying to make it in real life (or virtual life).

You can watch seasons 1-3 here.

http://www.watchtheguild.com/

Season 4 will probably be released on X-box live before it's online, like the have in the past. (Each episode air a week in advance on X-box)

Tell me what you guys think of it, please.

Posted

Yeah, I heard of it. Started watching when season 2 began. It's a pretty good webseries. Nothing amazing, or stunning but it is amusing and entertaining for times when your bored and got nothing else to do/watch.

I'm a little excited for season 4 though. I want to see what becomes of all the characters :P

Oh, and Zaboo is my fav, closely followed by Vork.

Posted

I love The Guild! Can't wait for Season 4 to come out.

My favourite character is definately Clara. She has the funniest lines imo.

Posted

Clara and Codex are my favorites. Clara has the best mothering skills of all!

Posted

Yep, I started watching this series after I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (because I thought, "holy crap, Felicia Day has this other show?! :o") Its actually quite good. :D I left off on Season 2's ending (or Season 1's... it was where some guy she knew kissed a girl, and she was running away.)

I should really get back to watching it. xD;

Posted

That's the end of Season 2 Eka C:

And am I the only one who found Season 3 kinda depressing? I liked Season 1 and 2's umm light-hearted nature better :/

Posted

I thought the end of season 2 was very dark.

Also, Eka, this isn't her other show. This is HER show that she created. If anything, all the other stuff is her other shows. She is gonna be in a Syfy movie as Red (title is also called "Red") It's a modern fairytale. Can you guess which one?

Posted

Yeah, good series. I watched all of it over a couple days. My favourite's probably Vork. What scares me about Clara is I think I know people with mothering skills like hers.

Oh yeah, andif you like Felicia Day, she's in some episodes of The Legend of Neil as the fairy.

Posted

Yea, I watch that one too.

Posted

Vork is my least favourite. He bugs me. :/

Legend of Neil is great, hope they do a Season 3. Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog was also great, although it had a sad ending :C

Posted

Vork is pretty lame, but he is essential to the series. He's like a Mr. Krabs but not evil.

I didn't care for Dr. Horrible, so I never finished it.

Posted

I liked Dr. Horrible. I was kinda 'meh' about it the first time, but it stuck in my head, and I wound up watching it again. For soem reason I think it gets better when you rewatch it. Also "Commentary: The Musical is amazing"

Onto other streamed shows. I got a kick out of 'Noob'. I think there are subbed versions, but it's pretty fun if you can understand French.