Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I Miss Harvest Moon

31 posts in this topic

Posted

):

I had a wonderful life.

Life has never been as sweet as my wonderful life was.

Posted

I played and still own "Magical Melody". I also own a spin-off game "Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon" but I never got into it. Damnit Silves, I'm trying to play WW, TP, and ST! Now I have Harvest Moon on my mind.

I always played as the female in HM:MM. Last time I played, I tried to get into Kurt's pants. I'll probably continue to get him when I pick it back up this summer.

Kurt:

kurt.gif

PS~ Farmville can suck my balls. Harvest Moon all the way!

Posted

Oh man, a wonderful life was so much fun, but sooooo long. I still haven't had my son grow all the way up.

Posted

Harvest Moon games lately have mostly sucked. A Wonderful Life was good, and Magical Melody too, but most entries in the series have too much to do for me. I don't want to fight monsters in caves on top of everything else that you have to do in Harvest Moon. I just want to farm and court the womens, thanks.

I'm trying Hero of Leaf Valley right now on PSP, but this will be my last Harvest Moon if it's no good.

Posted

Yea, that's why I didn't get into Rune Factory. It seemed really overwhelming.

Posted

My sis plays Harvest Moon. My bro used to but he's at that stage of life where most cute things are devil spawn in his eyes. Not sure which one, but it's on Gamecube. It's kinda charming, but not very entertaining I think. And after hearing the music so much I can't really stand it.

Posted

People talk too much in that one for the wii. Like seriously, about an hour of introductory tutorial. Runefactory actually seemed like a pretty cool game, but Chef never lets me play it. A Wonderful Life was definitely my favorite(not counting the one for the SNES).

Posted

I've never played a Harvest Moon game, but I think Avalon Code was made by the same company.

Posted

I love Harvest Moon

Watch my older sister play it before I could read

Once played it when she left for school

She never forgave me for erasing 2 of her files and in the third made her wife (Kate I think it was) divorce her. She doesn't forgive the fact that I couldn't read.

And Rune Factory is fun and easy but in the first one there is no real reason to have a child (your wife doesnt acknowlegde the baby and your child never aged)

Posted

A wonderful life is definitely my favourite of the series.

Magical melody comes in a close second, but I just really preferred A wonderful life for the fact that it ends and doesn't just keep going on. There is a time limit to what you do and accomplish.

Rune Factory was an interesting concept, but I felt that some of the factors (having to fight destroy everything in the caves) was a bit more than what I already had to do. But I still felt it was a nice idea and played very well.

@CO-You never asked :/

Posted

I played the one for GBA. The only reason I don't think I found it fun was because it was about farming. Of course everyone around here is a farmer so if I wanted to do something farming related, I'd just go outside. I'm not a farmer though, but that's just me. *Shrugs*

Posted

I love Harvest Moon, I remember when I first played Harvest Moon 64. The good old days.*tear*

My favorite is A Wonderful Life, even though I only got to the 6th year and I like how you could live almost anywhere you wanted in Mystical Melody, which I haven't finished either. Rune Factory was cool and happens to be the only one, besides Harvest Moon 64, that I have finished. I don't think that was the right direction for the series to go anyways, I started playing them to get away from the violent-life and run a farm and be the town pimp, not to juggle corn while fighting a dragon.

Speaking of which, I heard they where making another Rune Factory. Is that true?

Posted

They did. It was released last year actually.

It was called Rune Factory Frontier. It was pretty much the exact same except for the Wii and in THREE DEE!

And then I heard that they were making a third one(I think)

Posted

I checked. The one we have is A Wonderful Life.

Posted

I love any Harvest Moon (except the puzzel one) that has Popuri

She really brings back memories of my childhood