Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Apple's okay. They're good at making their stuff more expensive because they're Apple, but at least the products are good quality. I just don't like how exclusive they make a lot of their stuff so it has to sync up to other Apple stuff and nothing else.

Anyways, just got a Samsung Wave and it's pretty cool. It has two cameras, one of them facing front, so I don't think it's that uncommon, seeing as front-facing ones are needed for video calls.

Posted

iPads are already down to $350 used on Amazon. Once iPad 2 is available for purchase, I bet $250 is the sweet spot. That's my sweet spot for sure.

Posted

Isn't the iPad just a giant iPhone without the phone capabilities?

Posted

I'm in LOVE with SS and OoT 3DS :wub:

Posted

Yes and no. One could argue that it is just a big iPod touch, but they are only half right. It looks very, very similar to an iPod/iPhone and the only real difference is the screen size. But it's because of the screen size that there is such a big difference. HD movies, tons of apps not available on iPhone, such as Pages and Keynote, and much, much more. To call it "only a big iPhone" is to undermine the whole point of the iPad. It isn't a replacement for a computer or an iPhone, it is simply a "middle" device for a particular kind of consumer. Instead of going to your laptop, you can reach for your iPad. Instead of squinting and using the iPhone's browser, use the iPad. It isn't a "necessary" device, but it's very useful and convenient for those that have them.

Also, the iPad has Skype, so technically it can be used as a phone, especially if you pay for the 3G.

Posted

Ah. I was talking to some people and they're excited about it even though they have an iPhone and and iPod touch and having both of those would make having an iPad virtually pointless.

Posted

Theoretically, yes, their iPhone does almost everything that the iPad can do, so they do not "need" an iPad.

But the iPad is all about convenience. It's much quicker, and much more enjoyable, to surf the internet on the iPad than the iPhone. It's almost impossible to convince anyone of the iPad's usefulness unless you demonstrate it yourself. I didn't buy into it until I held one in my hands. If one of your friends gets one, sit down with it and try it out. You just might like it.

Posted

Anyone like my signature? I made it from the new trailers of OoT and SS.

Posted

Maybe. Though I bet carrying it around would be a pain though. Then again when I was on vacation some one took out an iPad. I have no idea where he pulled it out from though. Like one minute his hands were empty, I look at t.v. for like a second and it's already out. So it mustn't be that bad to haul around.

Posted

It's not much heavier than a book.

That's pretty cool, Jared. I see you liked the Bazaar picture too, that was probably the best looking picture out of the bunch.

Posted

Yeah, It's the only Link "field" model truly shown, and I think it just looks great!

And thanks CK :D

Posted

Oh god the guy's eye is freaking me out. He kind of reminds me of the carpenter's emo son.

Posted

I like the new signature, Jared.

I do like the iPad, from what I've seen. It's just kind of pointless for me, since I already have a netbook and a smartphone.

Posted

Thanks Arachne ^_^

Posted

Cool sig, bro.

As for the iPad, I dislike touch screens (they get fingerprints, OH THE FINGERPRINTS). So hauling around a giant touchscreen really doesn't do it for me...