Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

That is an excellent, wonderful thought, Luneth. You should do the honours and make your first thread in however long its been.

Posted

Does Kaffy have her own art thread yet?

Posted

Its got like three pages innit and no one remembers it because she's never here anymore

Posted

More in the art threads would be nice. Speaking of which, if I get back into beading I should start posting more of my stuff. Last time I tested the macro settings on my phone camera I got decent results.

But back to the Tim Burton thing, sometimes he's okay, but his films can be seriously flawed. I didn't mind Charlie and the Chocolate Factory so some extent. Some parts in the TB version were closer to the book, like the Oompa-Loompa songs, and the factory itself looked more like how I imagined it. (e.g. The chocolate waterfall actually looks like chocolate and not brown water). But overall I liked Gene Wilder's Wonka better than Johnny Depp's version, which annoyed me because it was all "Look at me! I'm so quirky and craaaazy!"

The Nightmare Before Christmas was just as a Henry Selick project, but people seem to forget that because of the way it's been promoted. Selick directed it, and co-wrote it with Tim Burton who produced it, but it's constantly touted as Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Not saying Selick is anywhere close to perfect, but watch Coraline and just try telling me he had less to do with Nightmare than Tim Burton did.

I enjoyed Sweeney Todd for the most part. As much as Sondheim scores are difficult, I thought most of the cast handled it pretty well (though the smaller cast roles like Johanna and Tobias really stood out for me). However Mrs. Lovett should have been played by someone with a better singing ability than Helena Bonham Carter. I think Burton's nepotism and wanting to see his wife in yet another corseted crazy role got in the way of that.

If anything Alice In Wonderland should have worked because Tim Burton's good at making visually stunning works that don't make a lot of sense, and Alice's world is supposed to be chaotic and nonsensical, more about individual scenes than any overall story arc. If they hadn't tried to tie everything into an epic storyline it might have been fine.

I think my annoyance with Tim Burton is that I've seen him do good stuff sometimes, but it's when he gets too seIf-indulgent that I can't stand him

Posted

half the stuff i draw wouldnt be particularly interesting to hnet, part of the rest im waiting on sayu for, and then the last bit, recently, is werewolf role pictures, which i obviously cant post :<

Posted

If anything Alice In Wonderland should have worked because Tim Burton's good at making visually stunning works that don't make a lot of sense, and Alice's world is supposed to be chaotic and nonsensical, more about individual scenes than any overall story arc. If they hadn't tried to tie everything into an epic storyline it might have been fine.

THIS.

Posted

Guys I need this

tumblr_lz6afsiWCM1qzamioo8_500.jpg

I'm not gonna ask why...

I'm gonna ask why not?

Posted

Takes up too much space is why not.

Posted

Yeah except deer > elephant. Deer >>>>>>>> EVERY ANIMAL!

Posted

Deer are terrible creatures. I disagree with this post unless it is a kill priority list.

Posted

Deer is delicious but Elk is even more delicious

Posted

Deer live in my front lawn. I see them daily when I'm not at college.

Posted

So yesterday one of my friends came over and she was doing home work. So what do I decide to do? Play Pokemon Heart Gold. I ended up catching Mewtwo with an ultra ball and Moltres with an ultra ball. So now I have Ho-Oh, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Suicune.

All I have left is Entei and Raikou. I think that's all any way.

Posted

Deer is delicious but Elk is even more delicious

Can we have elk burgers when I come to visit? :o