Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of the Hero of Time

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay. So, in pretty much every zelda game that exist, there has always been a short history recap about the beginning.....

I want you to take all of the knowledge from all of those, somewhat vague, stories and argue what could have happened in the beginning...

Now this is based half on oppinion and half on script from the game, so dont cry if somebody calls you out on it okay? Likewise, dont bite somebodies head off if they are wrong, Just tell them in a way that it gets the point across.

Play nice children. And lets actually try to make some headway.

Posted

This is in the wrong place bro. This should be in the Zelda discussion forum. Can someone move this?

Posted

Moved.

Posted

What is this even about? 'Battle between good and evil'? You're not even basing this on opinion. You're just making stuff up.

Posted

He's basically asking us to discuss timeline theories about the beginning of Hyrule. Just joined and already starting a serious Zelda topic. God thing we became friends ;) So, why don't you start it off so we can get a feel for how we are suppose to do this.

Posted

Well, most of those history lessons are recaps of what is covered in another game (LttP and WW cover OoT, for example). Therefore, I just look at the earliest games in the series, Ocarina of Time and Minish Cap, to find answers.

First, there's OoT. The story told by the Deku tree describes the Hyrule creation story, where Din, Faroe, and Naryu descend from the heavens, create Hyrule, and depart from the sacred realm at the point where the Triforce rests. We also get a first glimpse at early Hyrule, where everybody wants to kill each other just to get their hands on the Triforce even though nobody knows how to get to it. Note that this is not the same war described in LttP; that war was Ganondorf's seven year conquest of Hyrule that took place during the events of OoT where Hyrule Castle and its knights were nearly wiped out.

Minish Cap gives us a deeper look into the early years of Hyrule civilization. Not only is there a lot of war, but monsters are everywhere, marauding anything not burned down by the opposing armies. When this chaos threatens to destroy the world, bizarre creatures called the Picori intervene by giving the light force and the picori blade to the Hylians, ending the years of conflict.

That's about all I can make of it. sorry if it's a little long.

Posted

After Ocarina of Time, the supposed spilt happens, but here's the thing: The woodblocks in the Wind waker intro clearly depict Link Riding away on Epona after his quest is over, which is roughly what occoured in Majora's mask. This leads me to a new theory: The timeline isn't split at all. When Link left the future where Gannon ruled, that future ceased to exist, and the Great flood occoured within the Majora's mask timeline, but at a point where the Oot Link had already been dead for many years. Within that time another Link was born in Ordon village and sparked the midquel called TP. What happened to this Link? We'll see once Zelda Wii comes out (Unless it really IS a sequel to MM, than the death-sequel endings switch for the Links.) I know it sounds convoluted, but it's the only way that not only makes sense but also fits with the claims of Nintendo.

Posted

Its history... Its going to be long, Hahaha.

By the way, Thanks for moving the discussion.... I realized what I had done after the fact.T_T.gif

Anyways... That was a good theory.. The connections between the different lore didnt quite make sense to me, but then again it joined a long list of other things I am yet to understand.

I happen to favor the story from the twilight princess, where everybody was the same, easily corruptable and without morals... Until the sages came to seal away their temptation (the triforce)... I like this story, because it goes along with what OoT says, And yet it shows the element of human nature, the first flaw in the perfect world created by the goddesses. It is my belief that the first signs of human nature, their temptation, defined the boundaries of good and evil, and set in motion the endless cycle of gannon and link.

I would like to hear any criticism there is.

Also, Puck did start another good point in there, What exactly do you think about the timeline?

I kind of hinted on my thoughts earlier...

I think that basically, the games are an endless cycle of incarnations (the exception being majora's mask). Every set time span, there is a gerudo male that is borne, is crowned king, and goes raving mad and wants to take over the world and plunge it into darkness.... and then after he turns a certain age... ( I beleive about 23? No real way to tell).... A child is borne that is meant to be the hero of time, and the bane of his maniacal plans.

Thus is the endless struggle between good and evil...

Posted

You obviously haven't played many Zelda games.

Stop spelling Ganon's name wrong, or I'll Gannonban you.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I've played every zelda game that exist, minus the one that was a spoof and a violation of copyright laws.

If you want to post on here Sahaqiel, Do so on the topic.

Posted

I think Mr. Sahaqiel has made an excellent point. Also, I believe he has seniority. If I were you, I'd respect the moderators.

Posted

I've played every zelda game that exist, minus the one that was a spoof and a violation of copyright laws.

If you want to post on here Sahaqiel, Do so on the topic.

I don't know what you even mean by linking my profile to everyone, but fine, I stand corrected.

It's pretty obvious you didn't pay attention to any of the Legend of Zelda games, and you haven't done your research.

Because

1) You keep spelling Ganon/Ganondorf's name wrong.

2) If you're talking about the CD-i games, they didn't violate any laws, because Phillips requested permission to make the games. (And there were three, not one.)

3) You probably haven't even heard of the Broadcast Zeldas, and you're too centered around the 3D Zeldas, when there are like 14 canon Zeldas. The 2D Zeldas are pretty good examples of plotline evidence as well. With this, it is pretty obvious you haven't played all the games. (It's pretty hard to obtain them; there were a lot of vague spinoffs) This behavior is typical of someone who has only played the 3D Zeldas, because they are the most popular.

4) The Hero of Time is only ONE Link. It is the Link who was given that title in Ocarina of Time, who carried on to Majora's Mask. The Hero of Time stops there. It's just a title given to a specific Link. For instance, Wind Waker Link is the Hero of Winds. Most Links don't have a title, just a name.

5) Your cycle of incarnations centers around Ganondorf's death and rebirth, even though Ganondorf isn't in games other than Majora's Mask (For instance, Minish Cap, and Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks), and before Ganondorf's character was even established and defined, the Gerudo were never mentioned in the plot. (Zelda I, Zelda II, Link to the Past)

By the way, Puck, the timeline is split. It was confirmed by Eiji Auonuma.

–When does Twilight Princess take place?

Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

–And the Wind Waker?

Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

So yeah.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I didnt mean to link you're profile, I was being a lazy-ass and copied it because I didnt want to spell it wrong. (due to your, peeved attitude toward my previous spelling faux pas...)

I own pretty much all of the 2d zelda's that I know of.... The first zelda, zelda II, a link to the past, links awakening, oracle of seasons, oracle of ages (though the battery in it has recently died), minsh cap, and four swords... ( I might have left one by mistake...)

(also, anything not registered to nintendo I havent really played)

I know about the other antagonist such as majora, vaati, aginham, and veran.. twinrova is even a major antagonist in both of the "oracle zelda's"...

I just always beleived that since these stories SEEMED TO ME to be an intermission in the other story plots, that the major story was still focused on link and "ganon"...

Also, I appreciate you posting about the topic this time.... well.. sort of on topic...

And please EVERYBODY: I didnt mean for this to be a criticism about me, I meant for people to share knowledge...

Posted

There is no real story intermission, as far as I see. Each and every game is just as important as the next, excluding the non-Nintendo ones. Also, keep in mind that Vaati is the best villain in all of LoZ. He trumps Ganon like nobodies business.

Posted

Majora's mask is a story intermission..... ( by that I mean it takes place during the timeline of another game)

And I actually do agree that vaati is alot harder to beat and does wreak more havoc.... But I also wonder what would happen if they took vaati and put him in a 3d game, (not making a preference between 3d or 2d, just a genuine curiosity)... I kind of think that they have to make the foes easier for 3d games because they have a wider range of things that could go wrong as far as missing.....