Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How Do You Start Off Being an "Official" Couple.. ?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Holding hands is definitely a good starter.

Anyway, the guys I've dated, I went on a few dates with them before they "asked me out." Apparently asking out on a date and asking out to be a girlfriend are two different things lol.

But they were the ones to make specifically that move. I think the cute flirty stuff before the actual title is up for grabs as to who does it first, y'know?

D'aw. This is so exciting and cute.

Posted

Yeah, I never realized that asking someone out on a date and "asking someone out" were different until I started actually dating. It seems that it depends on what the people involved think. I know some people that do seperate going on dates and being together, and some people that don't. It really just depends.

Posted

Sleepovers are exactly the way you should start this off.

Posted

Well, here's how the situation is now!

I said it to him: I told him I really liked him, and he replied with the same comment for me. I believe we now know that we are in a relationship, and y'know... I don't think we're big on physical representation for the time being, and that's great in my eyes. I sort of leaned against his arm during the concert and there was no recoil or anything of that sort, so it was kind of nice and mutual, y'know?

I love how we never feel awkward together either. We ALWAYS have something to talk about!

All in all, we had a fantastic time, grandly finalized with me saying what I had to say. He's truly a great guy, and I like our situation. ^^

No hand-holding or anything of that, but leaning was nice enough for me!~ Take it slow and everything'll come naturally, y'know?

Thanks for all of your suggestions, everyone!

(Though I'll continue to say no to the sleepover. XD)

Posted

Congrats Eka! I'm happy for you guys :]

Slow and steady is good I agree :]

(no on sleepover? you're boring! :P kidding, kidding)

Posted

Good on you, Eka o:

Now sleep at his house.

Posted

Hahaha, fair enough Eka.

Posted

First of all, congrats, Eka, on finding someone that you care so much for, and who feels the same. It sounds like you two are great friends, since you have so much to talk about, which is, in my opinion, the best foundation for a relationship. As far as holding hands and making it "official"... I've always felt like these sort of things aren't near as important as some people make them out to be. Some couples rarely, if not never, hold hands, or do much of anything in public that would really count as romantic. So it's best to just "go with the flow", and not wait anxiously for some sign of "officialness". Or worse, try to force something "official" to happen.

After more than one "romantic" relationship that crashed and burned, I prefer to keep relationships casual. Exclusive, but casual. At your age (heck, same thing for my age), it's not all that important to try and make a relationship "committed", with the long-term in mind. Staying committed to the closeness and the friendship that you share should be paramount.

Anyway, that's my two cents. ;3

Posted

That sounds great. :)

Posted

Congrats! ♫

Posted

Going slow is definitely best. If you wait for the physical aspect, you'll appreciate it so much more when you have it.

Posted

Yeah, but you should still sleep over.

Posted

Thanks for the congrats and everything, everyone. ^_^

And yes Gael, I completely agree. Thanks for your insight!

Posted

You should give him a potato with a note attached to it that says this:

IronChef Foicite: well, there's a lot of reasons

IronChef Foicite: i mean, roses only last like a couple weeks

IronChef Foicite: and that's if you leave them in water

IronChef Foicite: and they really only exist to be pretty

IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying

IronChef Foicite: "my love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance"

IronChef Foicite: but a potato!

IronChef Foicite: potatos last for fucking ever, man

IronChef Foicite: in fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow shit even if you just leave them in the sack

IronChef Foicite: that part alone makes it a good symbol

IronChef Foicite: but there's more!

IronChef Foicite: there are so many ways to enjoy a potato! you can even make a battery with it!

IronChef Foicite: and that's like saying "i have many ways in which I show my love for you"

IronChef Foicite: and potatos may be ugly, but they're still awesome

IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying "it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you"

Posted

DUDE. WIN.