Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Full Moons Rock!

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Transforming into things has been around since 2d Zelda titles and has carried on into even the most recently released console Zelda, Twilight Princess. But what do you as the player think of it? Is it a fun part of the Zelda expiriance or just a stupid gimmick. Prsonally I opt for the first choice. And if you had to choose what Link would transform into next, what would it be? Another beast, a mythical creature, or something more Hyrulean? Either way, this should be a good way to allieveate boredom.

Posted

Transformations worked really well for things in like, MM, since it used original humanoids. In TP it's fine. I don't think you really transform into things in other games? Well, in OoX you had rings, and in LttP you turned into a bunny.

Really though, transformations don't seem to play that big a part in Zelda games.

Also, why do some people think apostrophes are what make things plural?

You said "things" without an apostrophe.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yea, I was about to mention the grammar issue with the title, but Sahaqiel already got it.

Posted

Yeah, I noticed the grammer problem after I submitted it, but now I can't change it, so it's stuck that way. Oh well!

Posted

You really seemed to blow the transformations out of proportion.

Like really, they are only important in two Zeldas.

Posted

Yeah, I know I'm blowing it out of perportion, but that's because I was hoping to get people into the mood of discussion by showing past exapmples. I justwant to hear people's opinions on the LoZ and what they would hope for in future games.

Posted

In Majora's Mask it worked.

Twilight Princess was just a gimmick for the furries of the fanbase.

If they do it more like Majora's Mask where you actually need to use all the transformations in each dungeon, if they add a transformation, then that'd be cool.

Posted

I really liked Majora's Mask. in some ways, it was a preference game. I loved just walking around as the cute little squishy-footed Deku ^_^

Posted

Twilight Princess was just a gimmick for the furries of the fanbase.

Hey, it worked.

Posted

They could have done a looot more with the wolf thing.

Like, in parts that are actually important.

Posted

Preferred MM's transoformations. the wolf in TP didn't make much of a difference and it was actually much easier to play as Link. You didn't need a wolf. He's just there to advance the plot. With the MM transformations they were more fun to play around with.

I'd like to see more transformations where you can just do different things than just fighting in a different way, when it doesn't really change anything much. Things that you couldn't do as other transformations. Like kicking ass and doing flips.

Posted

I'll just echo everyone else and say I liked MM's transformations best. I don't mind if there are any transformations in future Zelda games.

Also, is the thread title supposed to refer to werewolves or something? It's confused me S:

Posted

Yes. Yes it is.

+1 vote for transforming into a Hylian Loach.

Also, you have blatantly disregarded ring transformations from OoX. You could transform into more things that anything in that game. SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING BIG YOU MISSED, THERE.

Posted

Sorry, I've never played OoX. But in all honesty I also liked the transformations in MM, they were cool. Only problem I had with it was that it looked horribly painful to transform in those games. I didn't like Link suffering.

Personally I'd like to see Link transform into a Horse, s o he can be his own Epona.

Posted

In all seriousness, Oracle of Ages/Seasons had the coolest transformations, even though they were just there and didn't do a single thing to help you. Everyone says MM had great ones, but I never liked the perks of turning into other races as much as the other normal mask powers. For all it's uselessness, walking around town as a like-like was cool, and that's all transforming needs to be for me.