Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Fathers side (of the family) thinks I'm an idiot!

21 posts in this topic

Posted

So people who attend community colleges are dumber, or what? Maybe I'm just not financially able to go to a public university.

Posted

Not at all. Where I'm from, it's just assumed that you go to a university/state college. So I guess that's the way I was raised :| I know other places, like where I was born, it's common/assumed that you go to a community college. I was just saying I can relate, just on a different level.

Posted

I don't even know what a hadron collider is and I refuse to google it due to mass laziness.

Posted

I don't even know what a hadron collider is and I refuse to google it due to mass laziness.

Typical American response to most things.

Posted

So what. They think your stupid. If their hicks, just take their opinion with a grain of salt.

There's also the options of trying to explain to them what your studying, which might just luckily overload their brain.

Or you could say something smug back. Whats their jobs? Say something like this "Yeah, I'm just studying to be richer then Bill Gates. How's the Gas Station gig going?"

Even if it does filter back to your Dad. You're twenty-something, right? Just tell him what the problem was and why you did it.

Posted

Sounds like the typical response of "I don't get it. That's dumb." For some reason some people assume that if they don't understand something, it automatically makes no sense and is stupid. Whatever it takes to keep people from realising how stupid and narrow-minded they are.

My sister is in a weird position like that. Because she's cute and blonde people assume she's a ditz, and she sometimes has a hard time getting teachers to take her seriously. On the other hand, she'll be having a conversation with a guy who's all into her-- until she tells him she's studying electrical engineering, at which point he gets all awkward and tries to leave. Some guys just don't want to be with a girl if she's potentially smarter than them.

Don't take their comments to heart, man. If people are that narrow-minded and condescending their opinions don't have much weight to them.