Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Console Zelda's are weird about shipping.

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Did you ignore my last post?

"I don't havta legitimize someone's lifestyle to be a brother to them."

Two of my best friends are against homosexuality. They know full well that I'm gay. They still love and accept me as though I weren't and our relationship isn't any different then if I were straight.

Like I said, I'm not gonna stop them from living their life. If it makes them happy then I have no right to stand in their way. At the same time, I don't, and shouldn't have to, agree with them.

Posted

You are acting like I'm full of hate

It's just that your post takes me back to hearing my grandparents scoff at interracial couples, among other things.

But I guess it depends on what level of incest you're talking about. If you're narrowing it down to brother/sister incest, then yeah I can agree that it's pretty puppyed up, but hell if they want to that's their business.

Posted

I didn't ignore your post. I took it into account and told you why I think you're wrong. It doesn't matter if you don't hate the people involved. You're purposely being ignorant.

Not accepting each others' differences. You've experienced it, but want to practice it on others.

It's why people can't get along.

For instance, I am not accepting your differences when I say you're wrong about incest, which is why we're talking about this. But I provided actual points, and my goal is to have peoples' minds clear of any biases against lifestyle, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. If you're happy doing it, do it. If you're hurting or hurting others, someone will intervene. I feel justified.

I don't want this to be another thread turned debate, even though it's sort of related. So I'd like to get us back on track by asking what this thread is even about. There will always be some kind of pairing happening in games. I bet if someone made a game where there was only one character, the first thing that would happen is that someone would pair them with someone from an outside series, and the next would be pairing the single character with something from the game's environment.

Incidentally, Jo, brother-sister relations kind of make sense.

It's like the girl next door, only they bypass the whole next door thing and she lives with you forever.

Another scenario would be a long lost relative, or separation through divorces, or something like that. They hardly know each other, and don't consider each other relatives.

Also, Puck doesn't respond to anything that contradicts her or is even slightly out of her comfort zone and dismisses it as someone else's fault. We don't care if you're a lesbian. It's all good. Most people here OK with gay, not OK with gay but still love you, or are gay themselves.

There. I have said everything on my mind about the subject.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well sure, sometimes all incest comes down to as a barrier is labeling. In one case, I heard a story a few years ago about a couple who married, but later discovered that they were brother and sister.

Posted

*The random male chareacter for fangirls (Shiek, Shad, The king of Red lions.)

But Sheik's Zelda, so Sheik's a girl.

And Link x A Boat and/or an old (pretty much dead) king? I don't think that works, somehow... Ho hum. D:

Posted

>The King of Red Lions

|:

No

Also, I thought everyone knew incest was the best? Twincest is even better, apparently

Posted

Besides, you can't really say that "Console Zelda's are weird about shipping", because, well, Zelda doesn't actually ship anything.

Fanon. Yup, it's all Fanon.

Posted

I know, It's just I don't see this same shipping pattern for other Zelda games like Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tra . . . Ok, Yeah, mty mistake. ALL Zelda games are weird about shipping, at least by fannon standards.

Also Sahaqiel, I'm Bisexual, not full lesbian.

Posted

You can't just narrow it down to console Zeldas. Shippers are a united people, spanning their work in ANY piece of media.

Also, you call Link x Louise an 'oddly enough' kind of weird, and not Link x Navi? The heck? xD

Posted

But Louise is a cat, and cats are soo cute and cuddly and...urgh it's just weird :<

Posted

True, but Navi is a ball of light. I mean Link x Louise is imagineable because she's a cat (albeit really disturbing), but Navi is a fairy who's body we never see because her glow is too strong. o_e Who knows, fairies actually just might be balls of light with wings. I mean it was the same for Tatl and Tael.

Posted

Link x Navi is indeed disturbing! But...poor kitty ;;

Posted

Louise is a sentient cat, though. She can mindspeak and everything.

So as long as she's consenting, they could get married and buy a house and stuff.

Posted

But, she could only do that when you're Wolf Link right? So then it should be Wolf Link x Louise, which is less disturbing woo

Posted

Be like, this here is my cat. Then when no one's around, be like, yeaaah, Wolf Link tiiiime. Now we can chat and watch TV, even though I'm colorblind and whatnot.

Which makes me think. When Midna left, did she or did she not take that shard with her? Can Link still be all like bam WolfLink?

Sahaqiel