Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm going to be better this year

26 posts in this topic

Posted

With math and physics, your teacher plays a huge part in how you do. If their teaching style is doing nothing for you, try getting into another class.

My dad tutors both of those.

Somehow I managed to fail both last year oh well.

Also my new found motivation isn't going brilliantly.

Posted

Oh dear :<. What's wrong?

Posted

I'm lazy again

Posted

Just think of how good its going to be when its all done. Thats what gets me through it.

Posted

Teto

We're going to train you.

Posted

I hate doing homework. Thats my main issue. But in most classes its 20% of your grade, so its not really a big deal here, and I do good on the tests.

Posted

My parents are so unfaaaiiir :<

Posted

I have never had an issue with work until college. I have no right to complain because I've been getting pretty good grades, but I have trouble juggling that/social life/clubs. I am also going to start selling my crochet stuff, and if it's successful I can add "work" to my to-do list. I gotta warn you though, you have to have a little bit of ALL those things to be happy. I mean maybe not work, or clubs, but you do need to do things other than school work, or you will probably just straight up die.

Posted

I have never had an issue with work until college. I have no right to complain because I've been getting pretty good grades, but I have trouble juggling that/social life/clubs. I am also going to start selling my crochet stuff, and if it's successful I can add "work" to my to-do list. I gotta warn you though, you have to have a little bit of ALL those things to be happy. I mean maybe not work, or clubs, but you do need to do things other than school work, or you will probably just straight up die.

Well, I'm remotely anti-social as it is, but...

I can't even bring myself to do most homework. Even AP Gov, which is interesting.

One question about college though-Do you notice a liberalizing effect there?

Posted

Yes. Well, I really think that it depends all on the college that you go to. I know Kimmy goes to a similar size college to mine (maybe slightly smaller, but they're still universities of our respective states) and I know I have definitely noticed it. And I'm from Bible Belt Georgia. The professors are liberal, the students are liberal because they're getting their first taste of freedom, it's all a very different and unsheltered atmosphere. So for me, it was definitely going into a new world. I as a person haven't really changed much in my beliefs, but you do just get used to seeing and expecting certain things and start considering them as the norm.

Posted

Project is a massive failure

But on the plus side I am definitely performing better this year compared to last year. I'm still not doing well though. I'm scraping by. My self-discipline is awful. But my happiness is up which is good I guess?

Failing doesn't bother me though because I'm an ignorant ignorant optimist and I figure I'll scrape by no matter what happens and I'll be fine.