Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Improbable Island

20 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend showed me this game last week, and i have been playing it on and off since. Its pretty funny, and i like the way you create a character for it (just start reading from "Welcome To Improbable Island" when you get to the page.)

Adventure awaits!

Posted

What is it? Like, a role playing game or what?

Posted

its a text based rpg, again, you should give it a try before deciding whether you like it or not.

Also, don't spend to much time at the little boot camp thing. You only need to read the gist of it and the rest you learn from actually playing the game.

Posted

A texted based rpg? Reminds me of Exile, I'll check it out later.

Posted

My character name is Thatguy btw.

Because some punk stole my name, and numbers are not available for names

Posted

oh, right, i also have the ability to teach people a new combat ability, so if you start playing the game, tell me your name

Posted

So does this take place in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy universe?

Posted

"http://www.improbabl­eisland.com/home.php?r=Thatguy"

Sure is getting yourself free stuff in here.

Not really. I was planning on showing this game anyway. I would only remotely benefit if i got like a hundred people to join. It also lets me keep track of just how many of you actually joined. So far its at 7.

Its an original story as far as i know. It takes place in a post-EMP war era, so lots of technology got trashed. Its not steampunk. It's its own thing.

There is also a lion. A sneaky bastard of a lion.

Posted

I told you before, if you started playing the game, and are actually enjoying the game, tell me your name so i can teach you this skill thing that helps in combat

Posted

I joined, and my name Aethix. I'm enjoying the game so far.

Posted

which implant did you choose?

You've just got your first four-chain, and now you can teach Timed Combat to other players! You can teach a maximum of one player per Game Day. To teach a player, ensure that you're both logged in and in the same chatspace, then click on their Bio and you should see the option to teach them the new skill. Have fun!

also, word of advice, GO TO THE BANK AND DEPOSIT YOUR MONEY OFTEN.

Also also, Did you encounter the Lion? The sneaky bastard of a Lion?

As you wander through the jungle searching for the Infinite Improbability Drive and contemplating the functions of Mathematics while inside a Bistro, you start to notice an increase in the Paranoid Androids, Hearts of Gold, and Vogons in the area. You note a "Don't Vote for Stupid" sign attached to a tree above a carving of Zaphod Beeblebrox. You grab your towel and your copy of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and wonder how many more references it would take to get Douglas Adams to sue the Watcher...

You have encountered Yet Another "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Ref which lunges at you with lawsuits!

(some combat later)

You win a Rory Award for the most Gratuitous Use of the Word "Belgium" in a Serious Screenplay.

You have slain Yet Another "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Ref!

Posted

Min is my name

Posted

Spatial awareness. Also, I can see why I might need to go to the bank often.

Posted

so basically i have to wind up in the same region as you in order to teach you the timed combat technique. Unless you have it already.

im gonna look into that

I just gotta find one of you to do this. I am pretty sure we are on the same server, so we just gotta meet up at the same place. So I camped out at Casa De Noobz, which is right outside of NewHome

I am lvl 14 btw :3