Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

what happened

30 posts in this topic

Posted

How so?

It was a trade school/high school where the students lived in a small community on site and couldn't leave the campus unless you were a higher ranking student.(which was another use of our ID cards) It was also heavily influenced by the goverment and military. Its called a Job Corp.

Posted

<!--#include VIRTUAL="/db.asp"-->

<!--#include FILE="md5.asp"-->

<!--#include FILE="config.asp"--><%

this is shown at the downloads page and I love the downloads

and I'm home.

Its like I can't access them.

PS: I have at least 50 accounts to deal with so that's why my post count is low.

Also shadowknight your school is so strict unlike mine. Why is that?

Posted

Yeah, my school blocks websites all the time.

Posted

ID Tags? I guess some of the schools I went to had Student ID cards, but they were barely used except when writing exams. Oh, and at University they doubled as bus passes, which was cool.

Srsly though, it sounds like US schools are run more like prisons nowadays. Especially the Job Corp. I mean, you can't even leave school grounds?

Then you get the other end of the spectrum. In Finland, older students aren't obligated to attend every class. Kinda makes you wonder how they're top rankers in student performance, especially since they have to learn three languages. Would explain their high ranking in reading, though.

Posted

They are probably top rankers because the students that do go to class are the ones that are the best.

Posted

Srsly though, it sounds like US schools are run more like prisons nowadays. Especially the Job Corp. I mean, you can't even leave school grounds?

^dry.gif

Not unless your a top ranking student, but even then your limited on where you can go and how long you can go there.

I went to the one in Clearfield, Utah. Met people from all backgrounds, I knew people from Ethiopia and the Marshall Islands who went there.

It's completely government owned, I remember hearing that it was built from the remains of an old military base or something like that.

It was ran more like a boot camp than a high school or a college.

Posted

^dry.gif

Not unless your a top ranking student, but even then your limited on where you can go and how long you can go there.

I went to the one in Clearfield, Utah. Met people from all backgrounds, I knew people from Ethiopia and the Marshall Islands who went there.

It's completely government owned, I remember hearing that it was built from the remains of an old military base or something like that.

It was ran more like a boot camp than a high school or a college.

That's crazy, man. You know, for a country that's all "freedom" this and "freedom" that ...yeah.

Posted

Discipline can be good.

Posted

Rights only apply to adults.

Posted

School isn't really unfair. Homework isn't lame, so long as it serves to reinforce ideas and not just to give us work for the sake of work.

My school is actually a magnet school (you have to apply and get accepted to attend) attached to the lowest rated school in our district, so it's the school that we're attached to that needs the officers and cameras. We had a lot of gang violence last year, and last week we were on lockdown for three hours because someone brought a gun on campus. Nothing happens at the magnet school, but the parent school has a lot of problems.

Posted

I don't exactly understand. They attach two schools together?

Posted

I agree with you guys! :unsure:

Posted

lol spambot, I agree with them too.

Posted

ID Tags? o_0 The only thing we have are small Student Cards with our school pictures on them, and technically we only need them if we want to take out a book from the school's library. The only other time I've had to use mine was when I presented it to them and they gave me a new card (something was wrong with the bar code on all the cards or something, so they made up some new ones to hand out halfway through the second school semester last year.)

As far as school internet security goes, it doesn't affect me too much. Basically they've only blocked Youtube, Facebook and Myspace (for some reason. Does anyone even use Myspace anymore?) and I go on forums a lot more often anyways. I guess Youtube being blocked kinda sucks, but then I always have my email to tell me if I get comments on videos and junk. =P

Posted

Our school is wierd. Some things are blocked in some parts, but not others.

EG: Cafeteria, HAVE FUN!

Rooms during passing time, Okay...

Rooms during class, NO INTERNET FOR YOU!!!