Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What are your views on internet-only relationships?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I put up this topic because I'm curious about people's views on this issue.

Personally, I am currently in a relationship of this kind. My gilfriend lives in the Netherlands, and me in Argentina. We never met, and we're planning on doing so next July. I'm going to her place.

We've been together since April 24, which is almost 8 months from now.

We chat almost every day, with cam, and lately we've started to talk, instead of typing. We both don't speak our native languages.

So? What are your opinions on this? You can either vote the poll or not, or suggest any changes to it.

Posted

I don't see the problem with it. If they're happy, who are you to tell them it's wrong/unhealthy/whatever? :>

Posted

A friend of mine is in one of these (I have mentioned Kelsoap before and some of you met her), and she's fine. Though, she really wants to meet him irl. They seem fine together so far.

Posted

If it's what you want to do, then that is great for you. Who am I to hold it against you? DO what it is that makes you happy.

As for me, I couldn't, just the slim possibility that the person could turn out to be a creepy fat guy hanging out somewhere is enough that I wouldn't do it. I'll stick to people I can physically see and touch.

Posted

They're cool.

Posted

Yeah, it seems as if it were obvious that anyone can do what makes them happy, but there's a bunch of people out there who don't agree with this way of thinking too much.

Not that it matters to me, but it'd be nice to have more support. What you say is true. Whatever makes you happy, just do it, as long as no one is hurt, which in this case, it applies.

About the fat guy, I think that after videochatting for 8 months, you kinda know if it's the person or not xD

Still, I respect your view, and it is indeed hard not to see the person you're with.

Posted

P cool yeah.

Posted

Yeah, it seems as if it were obvious that anyone can do what makes them happy, but there's a bunch of people out there who don't agree with this way of thinking too much.

Not that it matters to me, but it'd be nice to have more support. What you say is true. Whatever makes you happy, just do it, as long as no one is hurt, which in this case, it applies.

About the fat guy, I think that after videochatting for 8 months, you kinda know if it's the person or not xD

Still, I respect your view, and it is indeed hard not to see the person you're with.

Fair enough, I didn't think of video chat, even though I use it, lol.

If it works for you, go for it man.

Posted

Personally, I'm a NabeshineXKimmy shipper. So I suppose I support it. I SUPPOSE.

Posted

Huh, so these two here are hooked up together? Or it's just those weird.. internal jokes from you people? :wacko:

Whatever the case, I'm glad that (SUPPOSED) supporters are showing up.

Posted

Actually, I take that back. I think it's weird. Only NabeshineXKimmy should be allowed. Go out and meet a local guy or chick.

Posted

Haha, yeah, you wouldn't think I'd plan to go to her place out of pictures? xD

Nah, we do videochat, talk and all the thing. So there's no risk. Her mum is scary though. And her rules too. Like being online 2 hours per day, not sleeping with socks and that kind of stuff. Today she kicked my gf because she banged a door loudly..

Her mum is always getting on the way and making her be online less.. I just hate her for that.. But she herself invited me, the mum. So i gotta be a nice son-in-law if i wanna get to the girl :embarrassed:

Posted

I'm actually in a healthy internet relationship right now. I dont know the girls real name yet, but her screen name is Whorey. Shes funny, random, and always is willing to listen.

Posted

Nice. I love Whorey. By love, I mean "am annoyed by."

Posted

I am a MuffxCirt shipper personally. xD