Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you think of Wikileaks?

63 posts in this topic

Posted

was this the site that revealed the prison torture in Iraq or Afghanistan and was all over scotland's newspapers for some reason? because if so, then I don't think the site is bad if it's revealing the horrible behind the scenes stuff to the public :/

Posted

no, anything off this site id fairly recent.

However, they did just report about a few million in funding for terrorist groups in Iraq and Afghanistan being funded by Saudi's. Not all of it is info on the U.S. and most of it is actually rather enlightening.

Posted

I had steak today, and later I had meatloaf. :>

Some steak is good, but I do not care for meatloaf.

Posted

I love meatloaf. <3

Posted

I love meatloaf. <3

I dislike it primarialy because my mom puts curry in it, puts a whole onion in the thing, and bakes it with tomato all over it.

Posted

Your mom sounds like a terrible cook.

Posted

Assange is a dickhead, even if the site is a good idea.

Posted

I find the entire thing very dubious. I especially like the Governments feigned outrage at the leaks. People don't seem to realise that if the government didn't want this stuff leaked, it wouldn't have leaked. It's not even good intelligence.

There are two types of intel

Actionable and passive. Actionable intel is the really meaty stuff like anything they can use to rub out Kim Jong il.

Passive is stuff they can use fir political blackmail like world leaders sexual kinks.

The US Government are masters when it comes to keeping secrets. Real secrets will never be stored on an unencrypted computer that a clerk can rip to a thumbdrive.

Call me when someone manages to find the CIA action order against Kennedy or the MJ-12 report to Truman on the Roswell craft.

And this Wikileaks founder Assange's worry about assassination. If he was on anybody's radar he would've been taken out by a black bag team months ago.

Posted

Wikileaks is great, and no, of course Assange shouldn't be prosecuted for it. Finally someone is making direct action to create a more open society. It is important to reveal just how primitive our governments and banks really are. Wikileaks have leaked information about how the USA have been monitoring 5000 norwegian citizens without the acceptance needed from norwegian authorities. puppy those imperialists and get that shit out in the light.

Posted

Wow, it's eyeoftruth. Haven't seen you in a long time, man. :D

Anyway, regarding wikileaks, I think Booster has the right idea about the whole thing. I'd wager that this leaked information is just acceptable losses to the government at best.

Posted

And booster is absolutely correct, there is no actionable intel, as of yet, that has been released. As such, not a lot to prosecute.

Not to mention, Assange did not retrieve the information himself, Third parties give him his information, and due to a supreme court case involving the New York Times in the 80's, publishing such third party information is protected under our first amendment. So until he releases actionable intel, we couldn't do anything to him anyway.

Posted

It is illegal in Australia to obtain or distribute classified documents.

You guys forget that he's Australian. He's not only subject to the US stuff, but also the Australian investigation. The Australian PM has completely condemned Julian Assange as a lawbreaker. So yeah.

Posted

But he did not leak any of the info in australia, and his servers are not located there. I would also imagine, I do not know, that the australian law only applies to info classified by the Australian government. There is a reason he hasn't been arrested for wikileaks yet, no one can find an applicable law he has broken with it.

ETA- basically what I am saying is that it doesn't matter where he is a citizen, Australia's, or any country's, laws only apply within their borders.

Posted

puppy those imperialists

Now hold on, that's my country you're talking about. Now granted we haven't exactly been on the right side of international diplomacy of late. And our stock on the world stage has taken a bit of a beating, but we're a long way from "Imperialists".

Posted

Just be calm, TRBG, Eyeoftruth is not a fan of America. Just how it's gonna be with him.