Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is God Using Snow To Be A Cock-Block?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

But the existence of a socio-political statement shouldn't stop you from reading or enjoying an otherwise well written series.

Give them both a shot, they are good in their own right.

Posted

Is this...

... Is this the one topic LL feels strongly about?(Aside from pokemon)

Posted

Fight between good or bad, the moral spectrum, struggles against self, nature, supernatural, society, other, etc.

Or even the boring recollection of a boring life.

Pretty much all stories have something relatable message, because it's hard to write about something that human beings have absolutely no emotional understanding of.

Posted

LL is just in a debate mode dood

also he writes stuff.

Posted

The mark of a wise man is one who can entertain a thought without believing it.

Posted

Okay, do you wanna know the REAL reason why I'm hesitant to read that God-damned book? It isn't for any political reason, it's actually for a really dumb reason that I was trying to hide. I saw the commercials for the movie on TV. It looked like a book that was set primarily in an arctic setting. I can't stand stories that are set in an arctic world or a desert world (another reason I don't care for star wars, as the movies contain 2 main worlds that are just that. BLARGH) So yea, I was a trying to sound smart but I FAILED! My reasoning is no better then 99% of YLA's reasoning. BLARGH-- I feel sick now.

And to be totally honest, I had a hard time reading through the Broques Work saga in One Piece, primarily the Drum Island arc and the Alabasta arc, as they were set in a winter island and a desert island, respectively.

Posted

Actually, it's only in an arctic setting for about a third or so of the first book. The series is actually much more wide reaching, crossing multiple parallel worlds and dimensions. It crosses from two parallels of oxford, the arctic in one of those, a plains world, the word of the dead, a world of angels, so on.

As I recall, there was a semi-desert mountain region, but it was for a short while.

Posted

For LL-

Posted

My reasoning is no better then 99% of YLA's reasoning. BLARGH-- I feel sick now

Well lol that's OK.

At least you're not saying the whole series is BAD because of those things.

Also, +1 for Samurai Champloo.

I'm going to unuseless this karma thing.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The end of the fight has them fighting in a burning building.