Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Zelda Anniversary!

34 posts in this topic

Posted

[float][img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4296/12113213.png[/img][/float]
On February 21st, 1986, we've had the honor to met Link. The hero of time. To relive the Legend and save Zelda from evil.

I've had good times and memories with The Legend of Zelda, let's hope Nintendo will make such huge promotions as Mario's 25th Anniversary for Link.

Allthough I started late with Zelda, as I only knew Mario and Donkey Kong in my young days.
I've met Zelda on the Gamecube, I've got the Mario Kart Double Dash Limited Edition Pak Gamecube, which included the Zelda Collector's Edition with videos, games, and Wind Waker demo. I directly bought Wind Waker, I really loved that game.
Since then I started to play older Zelda's. And wanted to play the whole Legend.

------

[quote]
25 years ago, on this very day, The Legend of Zelda was released in Japan. I didn’t realise it then, because I was four years old and too busy playing in the back garden, smearing my face in dirt or something, but it was the starting point of what is probably my favourite game series of all time.

I have so many memories of Zelda. The first time I ever stayed up all night was Christmas 1992 – because I was so excited about getting my Super Nintendo, and so excited to play A Link to the Past. I remember throwing my little brother the map that came inside the box, telling him he was the ‘navigator’ so I didn’t have to share.

I remember playing Link’s Awakening on the Game Boy, and being genuinely distrought when the world I’d spent hours playing in and engaging with turned out to be just an elaborate dream. Sob.

I remember waiting years for Ocarina of Time. Buying every single magazine that had Zelda on the cover, scrimping for information. I remember finishing it – being interrupted by a family member constantly calling the house during the epic end sequence, and getting so wound up that I actually punched my bedroom door. It hurt. And I felt like an idiot.

I remember the hassle of living in Japan, and having to wait weeks for my brother to send an English version of Wind Waker all the way from Scotland to Nagoya, Japan. I remember when it finally came in the post. I remember being blown away by the art direction, and bitterly disappointed by the Tri-Force fetch quest. I remember the kid with the huge boogers.

I remember desperately trying to convince myself to fall in love with Twilight Princess, but just not quite connecting. I remember feeling a little bit sad.

I have so many memories associated with the Zelda series – more than with any other series I can think of. Since it’s the 25th Anniversary of the game’s release, I thought this might be a good time to share some memories of the game.

-- Source: [url="http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/i-remember-the-legend-of-zelda/"]Source[/url] --
[/quote]

Share your memories with others on this big day for [i]the hero of time[/i].

Posted

I have beaten every Zelda game at least once.

Most of them at least 3 times.

I first got my taste of zelda with OoT at a friends house in 3rd grade or so

and i was like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

and i had SO MUCH FUN

and then my friend gave me Oracle of Seasons and it was the first game i ever owned and i BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

NO JOKE I HAVE THE ENTIRE GAME MEMORIZED AND HAVE BEATEN IT LIKE 10 TIMES MINIMUM

I AM GETTING A 3DS AROUND LAUNCH AND AM SO GOING TO PLAY THE SHIT OUT OF IT YOU JUST GOT ME WOUND UP ON ZELDA FEVER WAY TO GO MAN

Posted

The first Zelda I played was OOT when I was 7, favourite Zelda will always be MM <3, haven't beat OOS, LOZ, AOL and FSA and I have never played LA and FS. Yayy for being an okay-ish Zelda fan? :>

but happy anniversary Zelda you loverly series <3

Posted

I HAVE BEATEN ALL OF THEM CASCADE. ALL OF THEM.

YOU HAVE CATCHING UP TO DO.

Posted

You've also done the CD-i ones?

I yet have to do Zelda I and II, and Seasons. I'm halfway on aLttP.
Than all the CD-i ones, as soon as I fixed my CD-i battery.

Posted

My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time, when I was about 4. The memories... We also got Majora's Mask a while later.
After that, I became [i]the[/i] Zelda Addict :)

I have beaten ALttP, OoT, MM, OoS, FS, WW, FSA, TP, PH, LCT, ST
I have Zelda I, II, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoS, FS, WW, FSA, PH, LCT, and ST.

I love you Zelda, never EVER die on me!! T~T

Posted

i will never play the cd-i ones

ever

o look i beat the first dungeon in seasons

Posted

OoS was awesome! Pretty long too.

Posted

I've played all of them except the cd-i ones. It's hard to believe they've been making these for a quarter of a century.

Posted

I remember playing OoT with my big brother when I was little.

I miss those times. :<

Posted

The first game I remember playing was A Link to the Past when I was about four or five. Makes me feel a little old if the first ones most of you guys played was Ocarina of Time.

It is still to this day in my top 3 favorite Zelda games.

Posted

I can't wait for he next 25 years, what will come of it?
When I am 41, This will all happen again....:)

Posted

I remember when I was too scared to play OoT because of the forest temple, and because I didn't know anything about the game.

Also, I remember playing OoT on a Dreamcast in a Gamestop.
why

Posted

The first Zelda I every played was actually Link's Awakening, followed by A Link to the Past. But Ocarina of Time was the first one to stick with me and give me that "Zelda" feeling that I can't explain but can't get enough of. After OoT, I didn't play another Zelda game until Wind Waker came out. Truth be told, I didn't even understand that it was a Zelda game, both because of its cartoony nature and because I hadn't played a Zelda game in a while, save OoT. But I played WW and I loved it, so much in fact that it drove me to play and beat Zelda I, II, A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Four Swords Adventures, OoS/OoA, Link's Awakening, etc.

I've now beaten every Zelda game besides Spirit Tracks, which I'm in the process of completing. This is probably my favorite series of games.

Posted

i am now half way through the 6th dungeon on OoS