Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gas prices will go up further

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Gadhafi has started blowing up his own oil fields.

Colonel Gaddafi's forces today blasted an oil terminal to smithereens as Libya's bloody civil war entered its blackest day.

Rebels retaliated by firing back with rockets as a fireball exploded from one of the oil tanks and the sky above the Es Sider terminal, in the east of the country, filled with hideous smoke.

A witness said one of the smoke plumes was the biggest he had seen in the conflict so far.

The fresh onslaught came as Gaddafi deployed tanks and snipers to 'shoot anything that moves'.

Forces loyal to the Libyan dictator poured into the city of Zawiyah in a desperate bid to oust the hardcore band of protesters and army defectors who have taken control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364469/Gaddafi-blows-Libyas-oil-pipes-tanks-turned-civilians.html

Plus, terrorists have hit a pipeline in Iraq.

BAGHDAD - A government spokesman says a bomb has hit Iraq's largest oil pipeline, halting exports to Turkey in an insurgent strike that could lead to millions of dollars in losses.

Oil Ministry spokesman Asim Jihad said gunmen planted the bomb on the Beiji pipeline Wednesday evening near the town of Shurqat, 155 miles (250 kilometers) northwest of Baghdad.

Jihad said the blast stopped the oil from being pumped, and the pipeline would be shut down for at least three days for repairs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41991561

Posted

I guess it's time to break out the bike.

Posted

Shoot. I am about to go on Spring break. I walk everywhere on my school's campus, but like dlkjfdlksjfsdl does anyone remember how nasty everyone as like 5 years ago when gas prices were $4.00+/gallon?

Posted

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had abundant oil resources in the US and in US coastal that we could drill for cheap oil for us to collect while forcing foreign oil companies to lower their prices in order to stay competitive. But that's just silly, because there is obviously no oil in the US.

Posted

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had abundant oil resources in the US and in US coastal that we could drill for cheap oil for us to collect while forcing foreign oil companies to lower their prices in order to stay competitive. But that's just silly, because there is obviously no oil in the US.

Yep. The entire states of Iowa and Utah are just floating islands on a sea of nothingness, and most of Alaska is too. I wonder how that works...

Posted

LL, you make me laugh.

It's going to affect everyone, regardless of whether they have lots of oil in their country. I live in an oil rig town, and it's still 1.24$ per litre here.

Posted

Well, Arachne, that's kinda the thing about a free market commodity, even if we drill at home, it won;t lower cost, because we trade globally. To lower costs, a country must drill locally and then keep it local, which would make OPEC throw a tantrum.

Posted

question:

litre?

Arachne lives in Canadaland

which is not fair

Posted

Yeah it's getting up to $1.50 a litre here.

Posted

1 gallon is about 4 litres (3.785).

Your gas is almost 6 dollars a gallon? That seems rather pricey. Americans would probably flip shit at that price.

Posted

I guess. We aren't too happy about it either. It's normally at about $1.20

Posted

Nothing except friends, family, having a job, etc. I like living here, but I would gladly go down to the States for a visit.