Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This has (most likely) been discussed before now but

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Came to Hnet this fine afternoon, and saw the News! Hooray for release date. But there was just something like, very déjà vu about the title of the news.

post-5864-130264015155_thumb.png

Weird to think that, 14ish years ago, this exact line was published on thousands of websites. And here we are again, both where we started but a generation later.

fffffffff getting so old

Posted

Wow, I never though of that. I never got the chance to anticipate Ocarina of Time as a kid, but doing it now feels kinda weird since I'm waiting for a game I already have.

Posted

Guess what: fourteen years from now they're gonna re release it in 4D.

Posted

lol I was like 4 when OOT first came out, that is a really, really weird thought o.O didn't think I'd ever be anticipating this game's release haha

Posted

I have the pleasure of saving up specifically for the original and anticipating it immensely. However, the Internet wasnt very established back then :P

I didn't even have a computer. I relied on Nintendo power to be my video game buddy. Now, I have a MacBook pro and plenty of cash for the game. Hell, I'm a moderator on a Zelda forum because of this game.

So much has changed, but I still feel the same chilling nostalgia whenever I boot up the game. I hope the remake is just as precious to me.

Posted

dude yeah, the nostalgia rush is gonna be overwhelming.

I'm slightly jealous of you 3DS owners. Slightly. I still want a DS. :<

Posted

I still need a 3DS....

Anyway, i remember being four when I watched my mom running to the Hyrule Market gate, with my family yelling and cheering around her.

That'll probably be the first thing I remember when I see that gate once again.

Posted

Clark, if this game doesn't meet your expectations, will you give up on Zelda and Nintendo forever?

Because it would make sense and I wouldn't blame you (I would blame myself)

Posted

Ehh, Twilight Princess made me a jaded person. Before Twilight Princess, I was young. Naive. I believed in Zelda and I believed Nintendo could do no wrong.

But Twilight Princess was a huge disappointment for me. So, now, I approach every new game, Zelda or otherwise, with cautious optimism, and I keep my emotions locked away so that it doesn't hurt so bad. But come on, how could they mess this up? It's just a reskin of the same game. So...it'd be really hard to disappoint me here.

But if they puppy this up, yes, I will leave this site, sell my 3DS, and become invested in my future.

Posted

You should sell the 3DS to me. Or for crack. *Twitch*

I think I got a MS-Dos from my uncle along with his NES around the time when OoT was released. I remember going to my grandma's house and visiting her next door neighbor, who was a small redneck-ish family. Young daughter about my age, southern mom and drunk mullet-haired dad. The dad played OoT once when I was over there, and my brother talked to him a lot about it.

Last I heard, the dad had killed the mom by shooting her and the girl had moved in with her aunt or grandma or something. :c I still kinda miss her. She was awesome.

Posted

That's uh, a lovely story.

Posted

Chase, y so pessimistic

Nintendo still is a good company, bro.

Posted

Am I the only one who's not too excited for the 3DS on this site? At all? I am just indifferent towards it. It's cool, and it has some fun games I want to play, but I can't seem to get myself to care. I don't know why.

Posted

I feel the same way; I just caught up with everyone else and bought a DS a year ago.