Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A bit tired, but I'm better.

15 posts in this topic

Posted

catu.png

I experienced a lot of the more dark parts of the world, today. From exploitation, to greed, to abuse of status, to litter and pollution, to my own inadequacies, to this.

I thought I saw a cat out of the corner of my eye, which I did, only upon closer inspection, it was totally dead. Its right eye was gone, and its left hang precariously in front of it. It was stiff from rigor mortis, and looked like it was simply taking a nap in a nice patch of grass next to a sidewalk. The shock from the realization made me tear up, and I had to wipe my eyes every few seconds.

cat1q.png

This isn't the first time I've buried a dead stray animal. I once found a baby rabbit, not ironically, in front of a funeral home. I dislodged a rock from the ground and buried it in the hole it made. There was no such thing here, so I set to work with junk I found. I dug with the one and a half inch wide sticks, which is really hard, so it took about an hour. I used the white piece of tin to scrape away dirt. I used other shorter sticks to hammer the main digging stick in, which I twisted around to dislodge more earth. I then broke a large piece of wood in half and transferred the cat closer to the hole. Some parts of the earth were saturated with pieces of plastic, which I removed.

I also have a bit of guilt with these things. In the Philippines, I once saw a kitten covered completely with mud, crying for any sort of help. No one helped it, and neither did I. So, the kitten's probably dead. I have also had cats in the past that died, so this was sort of a flashback.

cat2h.png

I sort of suck at estimating the width I need to fit objects of any sort with dug holes. I had to force its paws in at some places, against the rigor mortis. I supported the body with pieces of wood. Hopefully that will also help keep the body in place if there were ever a flood before the grass grows over the dig and makes the earth firm again.

cat3e.png

I started this endeavor with some heavy thoughts, but eventually it helped clear up my head and get over them. I hope more people will worry less about dirtying their hands with things like this.

Here lies a stray cat.

Posted

You once made fun of me for being sad over a field mouse. :<

Posted

I've done stuff like this before, too. I remember in kindergarten, finding a dead bird on the school grounds, so I covered it up with some nearby straw and rocks and prayed for it. I was six.

It makes me wonder why people feel so compelled to bury dead strays.

Posted

Stray animals don't tend to follow with a pack that cares whether or not they get buried, so it's just sad that they're left to have flies eat their corpses and lay eggs in them. So I at least want to let it decay more naturally, with less of an insect threat, and less of a threat of spreading disease elsewhere. And wouldn't you do the same for a person?

That's just my logic.

Sahaqiel

Posted

dude ;-;

Posted

awww Saha, that was such a thoughtful thing of you to do ;;

RIP kitty kat ;_;

Posted

For a second I thought this was your cat and someone had stabbed it to death and I was like, "time to beat someone's ass" but I'm glad that's not the case.

Still, sad.

Posted

Oh. I didn't notice I actually got it in the picture, but that thing right above its nose is its left eye.

Constricted totally, so I assume it got hit by a car, or died in open sunlight everywhere.

:/

Posted

Calvin+and+Hobbes+dead+bird.jpg

Posted

I don't understand. It's a cat that you never encountered before. Why are you feeling these emotions for something that you know nothing about?

Posted

If I had thought of something like that (and was in the same situation), I would have tried to do the same thing. But taking an hour? You must've been really devoted.

I think it's really awesome that you were so caring to something that you never even knew, but I suppose it's the same way with people.

Even if they're jerks or something, you don't know the pain or torment that they've gone through. You can assume that they're just douches for no reason (or in the case of this cat, dead for no good reason), but for all that's known they could have been going through a horrible time, or had a bad childhood.

Maybe the cat had been defending a small kitten that managed to escape, but the cat itself died in the process.

Maybe that cat was a hero.

Posted

Or maybe it was a villain. Maybe it was aggressive towards children. All that doesn't matter, now that it's dead.

Posted

kitty :<

Posted

Awww :cry:, poor kitty.

Posted

WHAT IS COMPASSION DOES NOT COMPUTE

Robots only love other robots.

tumblr_lk02jspLpC1qg97c4o1_500.gif