Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah don't be a WIMP pheo.

Posted

Dude puppy my friends and I found Grave of the Fire Flies on blu-ray at best buy like 2 years ago. And we never seent it so we HAD to buy it. Got super puppying high and put it on. Like so high i was making jokes at the "sad movie" it was hilarious.... But after 20 mins into the film dude... We were crying. It's SAD

Posted

I AM FEELING SO CHALLENGED RIGHT NOW

Posted

180px-Stinkogame1-1Intro.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

tumblr_norxdqKh6C1u88j6xo1_540.png

tumblr_norxdqKh6C1u88j6xo2_540.png

tumblr_inline_norxdfGOfk1t8l0rc_540.jpg

Also yeah fucking watch Grave of the Fireflies, ya wuss.

Agent Zako and pheonix561 like this

Posted

She expected him to have an affair in Japan

Posted

So, I just finished watching Space Adventure Cobra, and it was such a fun ride. If I had to compare the show to anything else, I'd say it's basically the early 80's precursor to space-western adventure shows like Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy. Cobra tends toward the whacky side, but it does get serious at times. Also, the animation is pretty nice for 1982, with very little stock footage and lots of creative designs. The show's 31 episodes long and I very much recommend it to anyone interested. It's actually uploaded super-legitimately to YouTube, and also available on DVD (which is how I watched it). Also, the opening is fantastic and I will never get tired of it.

Here's a playlist of it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx7U8ckdzAikuUQNkEn_psxofpsJNGUtZ

Teto likes this

Posted

Wait that cobra video, it's obviously "vintage" anime but that opening was sooooooooooo cool! newer anime openings are exactly the same but with "upgraded" animation. But honestly this looks like It was a trend setter opening. Like new anime needs to learn to be more original. Update the thematics, not just the graphics!

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

I've started watching Cobra now. I want more old anime. If I could find the whole series of Tiger Mask I'd be watching that.

Posted

Well, nevermind Cobra for now then. Only episode 2 was available in the UK. Until I bother sorting out a proxy, I'll have to give it a miss. It's saved to my playlists anyway.

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

I'm super glad I've interested you guys in the show. I didn't consider region locking though, so that sucks.

Posted

I saw one episode of the show, as a grab bag for my anime club. It was pretty cool.

Posted

I enjoyed the one episode I watched. I want some vintage stuff, as I said. So much of what I've watched it just from mid 2000s onwards. Cobra interests me because I just like space rogue characters.

Posted

You should totally try out Space Pirate Captain Harlock then, if you haven't. I've seen the movie Arcadia of My Youth and it is so good. It's a kind of Year One origin story that's not technically in the same canon as the 1978 tv series, but mostly works with it from what I understand. I still have to watch the TV series myself, but thankfully it's on Crunchyroll for whenever I get around to it.