Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Can we talk about the names of seasons of Symphogear seasons? I don't watch this show mind you, but i feel like it is worth pointing out

1.)

Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then...

Then what? THEN WHAT?!!??!

2.) Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music...

WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY TELL ME

3.) Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist.

Yes we should all hold a determination to fist

EDIT: somehow the titles got puppyed up and turned into the third one. Not sure how copy-paste puppyed that up but ok

Posted

Basically new season stuff is going to be coming out soon so i am reading through a bunch of Cart Driver stuff to figure out what I want to start with, and this little show called Chaos Dragon: Red Dragon Company

chaos-dragon.jpg

Gen Urobuchi, Nasu and Ryohgo Narita walk into a bar. There they meet Makoto Sanda and they all laugh at him. Gen wrote Madoka Magica and Psycho Pass, Nasu wrote the Fate series, and Narita wrote Durarara and Baccano. Meanwhile all Sanda wrote is Rental Magica. One of these is considerably worse than the other (it’s the Fate verse BOOM didn’t see that coming). There they team up with some shitty light novel author and a guy who draws shitty character designs for shitty light novels and they decide to play Dungeons and Dragons together. They have so much fun doing this that they decide to turn it into an anime.

No really. Nasu, Butch Gen and Narita D&D campaign turned into an anime. This might be the dumbest\greatest anime idea ever. Basically they all have a character of their own, and going down through each one you can often tell without looking who created which character. The noble ancient knight is obviously Nasu. The religious assassin is obviously Butch Gen. The weird wooden immortal doll is obviously Narita. The shitty looking wolf girl loli is obviously the light novel author. The actual anime adaptation is being done by Silver Link, who aren’t great, with some relatively newbie staff on it. Oh and Shou Aikawa, the guy who wrote the original Full Metal Alchemist anime and Un-Go anime. Because let’s throw another name in there. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that, but the inherent idea of getting talented creative minds and Nasu playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons and then animating the results is so ridiculous I can’t help love it.

It wasn't literally a D&D campaign, it was some other homebrew RPG I believe, but still this is going to be worth checking out just because of that origin.

Posted

I keep posting in a row but its a new season coming out so sue me.

I am probably going to be checking out

Chaos Dragon (for the novelty of several famous writers playing a tabletop rpg together and making an anime out of it)

Gangsta (because with a name like that you know its going to be OG as puppy)

Durarara!!x2 Ten (for obvious reasons)

Working!!! Season 3 (but it has been like 4 years since i watched it so I don't really remember that much)

The rest will depend on what i hear about new shows as they come out.

I also never got to watching Punchline but i need someone to actually convince me its worth sitting through

Posted

How the puppy did I double post whatever

Posted

Double was interested in watching it for the same reason. And, I mean, the concept of just doing a D&D campaign and making an anime from it does sound hilarious, but the PV doesn't look that interesting to me nor the artstyle, sadly. I told Double I'd join in if he liked it though. Or maybe that was Rokka no Yuusha. One or the other.

I'm also interested in Gangsta. just because of the name. Hopefully it doesn't turn out bad, but the PV looks nice, so.

Two things I'm looking forward to in the next season are Gatchaman Crowds season 2 and Overlord. I like to think that the long wait for season 2 was to book Taku Iwasaki as the composer again, since they still have not revealed who the composer is, which I think will really make or break season 2 if the staff doesn't get their act together. Well, not exactly make or break, but it was definitely a big part of season 1.

Overlord is apparently a "character trapped in an MMO" done well. Or something. And everyone on /a/ seems to love it, or at least make occasional threads for it. And the main character is apparently a big ol' skeleton king guy, which is obviously the major selling point for me. It could just be bad though, but I believe in the skeleton.

vYwODjq.jpg

I also never got to watching Punchline but i need someone to actually convince me its worth sitting through

It's worth watching. Everything that's shown is so deliberate and meaningful, that it makes the whole experience that much better. Nabe and Double, who've actually played the two Zero Escape games (and are very much anticipating the third) have also been loving it and how Uchikoshi and similar to those games it is. Nabe doesn't even like anime.

Not watching it just because of pantyshots and boobies is a mistake, I assure you.

Posted

That is reassuring thank you

If it wasn't because he was trapped in an MMO, I would love to watch an anime starring the big ol' skeleton king guy that is the big bad in a fantasy setting. I guess thats what Devil is a Part Timer is though

Posted

Oh its like Record of lodoss war

Posted

Yeah saha mentioned that to me. Is it any good?

Also here is the trailer for GANGSTA if anyone is interested

Posted

New Chaos Dragon PV:

There's an interesting character at 2:10. Seems like a robot. Oh, oh, wait, there's a description for their character, "Unshou Ishizuka as Kagraba, a mysterious immortal trader from the independent city of Haiga. Created by Ryohgo Narita."

cd6.png.jpg

He's immortal. Heh, classic Narita.

Other descriptions and information here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-18/chaos-dragon-anime-2nd-promo-streamed/.89431

Also, if you don't know, since it was confirmed months ago, Punchline is also getting a game released for it, T1g. So, if you watch the anime and like it, that'll be waiting for you as well for more Uchikoshi goodness.

Posted

I wanted to point this out long ago, but there is a scene during the Long Train Home ED, where Jotaro, Joseph, and Polnareff are standing on one side of the river, while Kakyoin, Avdol, and Iggy are standing on the other. Does everyone get the symbolism now that the show is over?

Posted

I just finished the Jojo anime. Idk why, but that ending felt... limp? Not quite as hype as I would have preferred. If it had ended before Dio ate Joseph that would have been cooler.

I'm now reading through Diamond is Unbreakable, and it's pretty good. Not too keen on Josuke but whatever.

Posted

T1g

i will enjoy your mom

Posted

Josuke will grow on you.

Posted

Context only helps a little

Knuckle and Agent Zako like this