Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A rant and a date for my surgery

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, two things.

Rant:

Okay, so my brother has always been a fan of Nintendo. Ever since he was little, and everything. He used to have fun playing Mario, Zelda, Kirby a lot, and sometimes Animal Crossing (Especially Wild World).

But, ever since he was 12, he found out about Call of Duty. Ever since then, he slowly started to play it at his friend's houses and such. It was also all he ever talked about.

Then, Winter of 2010 rolls along, last year. My brother begs for a PS3 for Christmas, and he gets it.

Ever since then, he has been ABSORBED LIKE A F*CKING ROBOT TO IT.

That's ALL he's ever talked about. He's also getting angrier.

For the past couple of months, i've been trying to get him to watch some Nintendo stuff.

But, he says EVERYTHING they make is for babies. I can't even get him to watch ANYTHING about the 3DS, he even rufuses to play OoT 3D! (Once I get it and a 3DS :P)

I can't even get him to watch the new SS trailer or the new Mario 3DS trailer without him yelling "I DON'T CARE!! NINTENDO IS FOR BABIES, LIKE YOU!!!!!!"

Keep in mind, he's only THIRTEEN now.

I don't understand. How could Call of Duty ruin people SO bad? :'[

Date:

My surgery is on June 18th, so i'll be out a few days.

On the bright side, i'll miss my last week of school because of it ^_^

Posted

He doesn't like it more. That's ALL he likes!

Posted

He's also getting angrier.

It's called puberty, bro.

But really, it's his opinion, and although I can see how him saying it's all for babies can be a bit irritating, it's easier to just ignore it rather than fight it.

Also, are you taking all your finals early or what?

Posted

Also COD might not be the reason he's angry

Maybe he's angry because he's 13 and 13 year olds suck

Posted

Also, are you taking all your finals early or what?

I'm guessing so :\

I don't wanna D;

But I got to -.-

Posted

Though I personally think anyone who chooses Call of Duty of Battlefield is a sucker, you still gotta respect people's opinions.

Also, what's this surgery business?

Posted

Ugh, I hate that: your brother sounds like my friend's younger brother. Pretty much eats, sleeps and breathes PS3. :c

Also seconding Knuckle: whats the surgery for? o-o

Posted

Godspeed, Jared. Godspeed.

Also COD might not be the reason he's angry

Maybe he's angry because he's 13 and 13 year olds suck

When and if I have kids, they're going to skip right over 13 and be 14. "That's just how it works in my house," I'll tell 'em.

Posted

Yeah, Jared. 13 year olds are obsessed with COD. In fact, the kids my grade are still obsessed with COD. I don't like the game much, but obviously a lot of people do.

And good luck with your surgery man!

Posted

What's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for what's the surgery for

Posted

It's gender reassignment surgery I know it

I am getting the joke omg

Posted

Goddammit, COD... It's such a BOY(not in the umbrella term for males sense) game. My feelings for that game aren't the best.(Counter-strike death-match. 'nough said)

Anyway, yeah, just leave 'im alone with 'is boy game. (But if you really wanna start something: Portal. That is all)

This 11-year-old I know got call of duty :/

If he even shows an inkling of becoming mean... It ain't gonna be pretty.

Buena suerte, amigo.

Posted

Thank you, guys. Sorry, I forgot to say xD

I have a pacemaker with leads inside of me. I grew so fast, that they got too short faster than expected, and I need new ones.

Posted

my bro is like that too.....the only time he plays wii is on car trips, because his 360 fries the cars fuses....

and his ds is gathering dust, but he wont let me have it, or relocate any of "his" systems (we own most of them jointly)

maybe its a mainstream thing?

and good luck on your surgery...! hope you get better soon~

Posted

Eh, the majority of 13 year olds are like that. They just forget all of the things they've been taught about respect and etc and think they're right and everyone else is wrong.

It's just best to leave him alone and ignore what he says. Don't let him touch your 3DS, incase he still has his attitude problem. Who knows what he'll do. Oh, and haha... they usually don't lose that attitude

until they're AT LEAST18 or 21. Have fun.