Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chase

28 posts in this topic

Posted

abortion and religion in the same topic, surprisingly not about abortion, but about religion.you have skills.

The fact that it hasn't turned into a rage fest is a miracle. Granted, most of the more active people in the forums probably aren't TOO interested in the topic.

You bring up religion into a giant forum and it explodes.

Posted

No one sin is greater than any other. The only way to get to Heaven on your own is to up hold God's law 100% of the time from the moment you are born 'til death. This, of course, is impossible. So no matter how good you think you are, you DO fall short of God's standards. It sounds really dickish if you don't understand that the only reason those laws are there is because God is just and God enforces the laws to show people that they need a relationship with him. I mean, we don't havta accept his offer of absolutely free, no-strings-attached salvation, because that's our choice. However, it really screws us over in the end if we don't.

And by "no-strings-attached" I mean that for reals. You can be saved and choose not to follow God. Life will just be so much less fulfilling without him. I can speak this from experience. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Posted

I don't think it's "dickish" of God to allow people to go to hell.

First and foremost, people choose hell. Anything apart from God is hell. Like, God is love, and so hell is a place without love. God is just, so hell is unjust. Hell simply means, "without God." And if you want to be in any kind of heaven where God is, you have to choose to trust in God and willingly obey him. Otherwise, you're left with somewhere that isn't a very nice place. In fact, it's the exact opposite of nice. It's a nightmare of supreme torture and sadness, because God isn't there to protect you. But he does allow you the choice, simply because he doesn't want to force you into love. He wants truly loving people, not mindless robots.

It simply isn't possible for God to give you love, power, fun, etc apart from him, since it doesn't exist. Most of the time, people don't want to worship God, but they want to be "good people." God, being so incredibly perfect and righteous, can't even have those people in his presence, due to their imperfections. God is entirely just, so he has to punish them like he said he would, and it takes a cleansing from Christ to wash away all sin. So if you don't believe in Christ, you can't get into heaven, because there hasn't been any payment for your sins, and you'll have to pay for them one way or another. If you have to take the brunt of your sin on your own shoulders, that's a huge task.

It simply amazing me how people deny Christ, though. Here he is offering a free gift with the only commandments "love God" and "love and forgive others." Why wouldn't you take it?

Posted

If you aren't fully convinced, then you never really believed in the first place, right?

You were just fooling yourself. Jesus doesn't accept lukewarm responses. You're either with him or against him. Believe in him fully, or you might as well not believe at all.

To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”

And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.”

Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Right there. No one who fully commits himself to the work of God can go back. If they fully commit themselves, then "looking back" isn't an option. They have to carry out the work. Otherwise, they aren't fit to be in the kingdom.

Posted

I am of the opinion that anything directly quoted from the Bible is suspect. Considering that it was probably written by people with biases, which, despite any form of divine inspiration, probably did exist, it isn't always the most straightforward guidebook. Sure, half-assed responses aren't worth much but I like to think giving it your all is good enough.

I'd also like to point out that, the way it sounds like to me (ffff- this phrase), is that other religions shouldn't even be an option... when they pretty much say the same thing.

I dunno. I believe in God. That comes first and foremost. (and by God, I mean a Supreme Being, Creator of all things. Not necessarily any sect of Christianity... or Abrahamic religion for that matter)

(I don't know what religion you are but, concerning a pronoun and God, isn't it usually supposed to be capitalized?)

Posted

At first, I thought Phantasmagoric Hero and Chase were joking around.

But then Chase kept going.

Also, Teto, just in case you forgot, I'm a Goron and I was SO RIGHT.

Posted

I pretty much never joke on this subject.

I pretty much joke on every other subject.

Posted

I think this thread just made me believe again. Thank you, Chase, may good fortune come your way.

Posted

At first, I thought Phantasmagoric Hero and Chase were joking around.

But then Chase kept going.

Also, Teto, just in case you forgot, I'm a Goron and I was SO RIGHT.

Chase's is not the word of the lord.

Posted

Whats all this about words and lords

Posted

Well hey, I'll make my own heaven. And all of you guys are invited.

I'm in. Sounds chill as puppy.

Posted

Mine is the word of the Zord

Dragonzord_by_Jeff_Destroy.jpg

Posted

Thanks be to Zod.