Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Retro Techniques Used to Increase Heart BPM Past Normal Levels

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Z9XWT.jpg

Me calmed down a minute or so after brisk walking.

Y3QkA.jpg

When I feel like it.

Actually, I do not know what this is called. I have been able to ramp up my BPM at will, and I am not sure if this is normal or if there is a term for it.

Also, my record is somewhere around ~150BPM. But lol, hypertension.

Posted

when you say "at will" do you mean jogging in place, or standing still, and just thinking about it?

Posted

Thinking about it, kind of lol.

Like, I'll have this feeling like my legs and chest are being shocked, but I won't tense anything or move around. I can be a complete ragdoll and do it.

It's actually kind of preferable, I think, because the shocking feeling gets kind of strong sometimes.

Posted

There's a chance you may be able to exert a certain degree of control over the actions of your sympathetic (autonomic) nervous system, the part of the nervous system that dishes out fight or flight responses. You probably feel an increase in adrenaline while doing this. I don't know if it has a special name, but there are apparently a number of people who can do the same

Posted

My heart rate actually decreases back to normal like, within about 20 seconds after I stop the impulse lol. Like, super suddenly. I am not sure about the adrenaline part. If I could just tap into it whenever I felt like, that would be amazing, but sadly, I do not think it happens. I have to sustain the thought and impulse for however long I want it.

Other weird things I can do:

Blow air out my tear ducts, and to a much lesser extent, intake air

Shake my eyes

Remove my arms from their sockets with ease

The only things I really use these functionalities for are to mess with folks.

Posted

Other weird things I can do:

Blow air out my tear ducts, and to a much lesser extent, intake air

Can't everyone do this? I thought everyone could do this.

Posted

I certainly can't. I've never even heard of blowing/intaking air via the tearducts before o_O ugh the thought is making me shiverrrrrr ;;

Posted

I can cry through my nose

Posted

It's possible to move air through any facial cavity, some people do it more naturally than others, but everyones sinuses/tearducts/ear canals are connected.

As for the heart rate, some people seems to be able to control this fairly at will, Criss Angel did a stunt where he brought his heart rate down to almost nothing just by meditation. Others have been able to push it up as well. Not sure if it would be something I would want to do a lot, no telling what kind of strain that can do to the heart if you don;t know exactly how it's happening.

Posted

Yeah lol I can definitely ramp up my heart rate based on thought alone.

I'm not very good at bringing it down, though. I don't like meditation because I end up daydreaming.