Sahaqiel's Miscellanies

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Good and not so good. The parts I made were too big to begin with, not to mention the inconsistencies with my egg base. If I can somehow get one together in the next week, I will definitely let you know. I'll try my best not to get distracted and to put this thing together. I know you probably won't mind if the parts are too big, but I just can't do it. ): Sorry man. With some good solid effort, I might be able to put something out in a hurry.

Posted

It's all good, Saha, we have until April 29th before the next solar eclipse. Then Necro can finally attain his wish to no longer be a skeleton, and become a real boy. At the cost of a few close friends, of course, no biggie. Dunno about the badges, but I will definitely find a way to monetarily support the project when I get the chance. 

Posted

Soon, the new flesh shall be mine! Er...I mean uhhh, Soon there will be cookies and milk for...uhh all of you! On the Eclipse! Bring friends...

Posted

Also, I finally got my cell phone to upload the picture of the fossil, but it turned out blurrier than expected.

QGFEGE0.png

SilverAlchemic and Agent Zako like this

Posted

Upd8:

EXjkzuD.png

Posted

Thats a dusk ball on the right, yeah? Those are great, one of my favorites

Posted

I don't really think I'm going to do anything with this, so I'll just post it here. I feel like it sounds like a hip-hop instrumental, but I'm not feeling it. Advance is just what I named it because that's the group I sampled for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/a9ueqcrrrhec3k9/Advance.mp3

^ This looks invisible on my screen for some reason, so here's the link just in case.

Posted

Doing that thing again where I get to do something similar to what I actually want to do, so I work really hard to break its boundaries, which includes composing music for it.

WIP "Stone-Hearted"

I like the synth, though I'm going to change how the notes are accented, but I'm not particularly satisfied with the bass drum and hi-hat. Plus, my program keeps exporting this not sounding like it was when I put the thing together. There's light distortion on the whole thing, and I have no idea why. But anyway, this is more soundtrack-y music that's simple and good for my purposes.

WIP 2; pretty satisfied with my synths and choice of percussion now

https://soundcloud.com/silent-scuffle/stone-hearted-wip

Posted

So I've been sitting on this one for awhile, not really letting it into public ear and whatever, but I feel like I should post it. I think it's probably the best sounding thing I've done so far, but it's been sitting around for months. Muffin says it's too quiet and my other equipment agrees; for some reason my tracker program doesn't export it with any good fidelity, so I have to plug an auxiliary into my microphone port leading from my audio port. It looks like this.

HQP6Wpy.jpg

Then I recorded it from my "microphone line in" with Audacity as it played in FL Studio. When I found out this actually worked I was amazed. But the signal is still too quiet, and the sample qualities are sub-par. Hopefully you can turn your volume up loud enough to appreciate this thing, because I'd rather not make the mistake of amplifying the dickens out of it in Audacity.

And see I'd love to hone this and spend a non-negligible amount of time on similar musical projects, but my audio capabilities are limited, and this thing samples a Youtube video at 480p because it's on a record that can go as high as $1600 ($1800?) in online auctions and has no other visible internet presence whatsoever. But I really liked the song despite its low amount of notoriety, so I wanted to sample it. It was somewhat of a forgotten fusion-funk treasure released back in '81. The cheapest I found it was 500 dollars, factory sealed. I was ecstatic, but still couldn't buy the record. The worst part is that only two of the songs on the record are even available as Youtube videos; unless I get ahold of enough money to afford rare vinyl, I can't listen to the rest.

But really I'm just spending too much time in school, and not on the things that actually matter to me. So now that you've heard my sob story you can go ahead and listen to it.

Lovely Time 3.1

And seriously, if you have to turn up your volume, watch out for the Lucky Star/Skrillex mashup that comes up directly after it because of Soundcloud's baffling features I can't turn off. It's much, much louder.

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

Feels fuller and more developed than previous things I've listened to from you, so you're definitely getting there. Any problems I have with it would be the same as I would have with any house music, in that it's a bit repetitive without changing in any way into something 'bigger'. 'Bigger' just being like POW, but that's just my taste since big energy is what I look for in house music of this type. If it's somewhere between very mellow and very energetic, it's not often it grabs me personally.

Not to say it didn't have variety. It was nice to see the track changing in different ways, and it flowed pretty nicely from one to the other. I don't know anything about music making but thinking about it, that probably took a lot of time and knowledge, so good job. Overall, your stuff is def going in a good direction, gaining more variety and fullness.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

There were a total of four samples in the track, which I arranged in different ways to create the variety. I'm particularly proud of the non-chorus parts in combination with the percussion. I tried to add a lot of subtlety. I know it's not super crazy energetic, but it does have energy without having to be loud or in-your-face, like Muffin Factory, and I'm proud of how I used the samples to create something unique. Listening to the song it samples, it's really hard to even tell where it sounds similar, or where those samples would be.

But yeah, as proud as I am of this, I want to dirty up my sound, make it not as mellow and romantic-sounding. Give it a harder edge, in other words, without completely changing directions.

Teto likes this

Posted

Tell me what you think dawgs!

I don't know if any of you caught my last post before I completely deleted it, but I made a new musics I'm working on. In attempt to try and dirty up my almost frustratingly romantic sound, I started evoking Chicago house percussion. One's the WIP with the additional percussion track, the other without it.

TRACK2 WIP 1.4 + Percussion

TRACK2 WIP 1.4 - Percussion

While talking about it with a friend he was like, "I like it, you definitely sound like an old house head" and I was like "I ain't interested in completely emulating the past tho friend-kun! I want to work towards the FUTURE(!)" and he said the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, which was, "I know. You don't sound derivative." and I was like ";-;;;;" like he said he KNOWS and stuff without even talking about it

Posted

I don't really have a frame of reference, but I definitely tapped my foot vigorously. Also head bobbing.

Sahaqiel likes this