Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why did you join Hyrule.net?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks to whoever fixed the title ^_^

Why did everyone here join hyrule.net? For it's awesomeness, for past users for the wii giveaway?

or just because you join every zelda website out there? (you may also says something else)

I feel bad that this is why I joined...

So this is how me and hyrule.net met. [flashback]

I was visiting my cousing, aunt and uncle up in Idaho and I asked if I could use the computer and they said I could... So I decided to look for any wii giveaway contests so I went to my friend google.com and searched wii giveaways... and I went looking and most of them were crap UNTIL I saw the contest on this site. So I click the Link and I'm like yes! so I sign up (not as gametap) and I'm like wii you are mine! Wii gonna have Wii time on saturdays and sundays... (stupid I know) So then I came back home (ca) and the contest was still going and I'm dying to know when it was going to end! so once it ended (congrats to whoever won) I was sad :cry: so then I left this place thinking ah stupid website I should have won the wii. so then about 3-5 months later I thought That website was pretty cool... but couldn't remember so i went to google and typed in wii giveaway again.... and sure enough it came back up! then I joined as gametap... and so on and so on till now! I feel so stupid for just joining for the wii contest...

[/flashback]

so yup it feels like if it was only yesterday... oh yea the account that i used back then is called neoismyman I may sometimes use it.

Posted

Weee! first reply! :D

[Flashback]

Well... I remember that once I was looking for secrets of MM and I found Hyrule.net but then I wasn't very good at english so I didn't understand half of the things everyone was saying so I just forget about this.

In january, I was playing TP and I just couldn't find the red fishes you need to smell to go to the Snowpeak top, so... I was looking for help in the internet and I found this forum and I was like "hey! I've been here before" and then I could understand what you guys were saying so I joined and asked for help...

I thought everyone was going to ignore me or something, but two days later I came back and I had answers!!! I was very excited so I just keep coming when I have some time

[/Flashback]

And that's how I joined to Hyrule.net :D

Posted

[Flashback]

I was randomly browsing the Internet when I saw "The Definitive Fun Guide for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". I thought, "Hey, that looks liek it's better than this other boring crud!" so I clicked on the link. After reading the whole thing (A lot, I know, but I had nothing to do :huh: ), I clicked some more stuff, and I stumbled across the forums. So after reading a bit from March 26th to August 2nd, I joined. And, well, here I am. :huh: Yes, I waited four months and six days. Lol, I also saw that message that came when the site was taken or something. And I had no idea what was going on. :D

Posted

a couple of weeks ago, HAM showed me this place since I like Zelda so I looked through the place and joined

Posted

[Flashback]

It was October (I think) And I had heard about TP and was ecstatic about it! I started to play moreof Ocarina of Time (I unearthed it lol) as well as Majoras Mask. When I was on the computer, I usually went on IGN to check on some TP news. Well, I got bored one day and decided to search the internet for a cool Zelda site. I came upon this site. I recalled being here before, like 2 years ago, but I didn't join becuase I didn't know if it was free, or like if you had to be 13 or something. This time, I signed up and thats where I am today. My addiciton for TP back then got me the name Zeldawii. :)

Posted

[Flashback]

I was excited for TP so I was searching for a good site with TP News.

Eventually I found this site, but I didn't join.

It wasn't until Dustin was looking for News Reporters that I actually joined.

After posting theories and stuff in the News Comments Gingerlink finnaly told me I should just go to the Forums the post that stuff. After I discovered the forums, I was hooked. :D

Posted

Because I fell like it goosh, Begger. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Posted

Hey! Half of us actually found Hyrule.net but didn't join until the second time we found it... wicked :wacko:

Posted

Accidently, actually.

I stumbled across it by chance - while searching for some more information on Twilight Princess + release dates (This was back in June 06). So I stumble across this site after a google search, and I actually didnt end up finding the information I wanted, but the site looked good, so I signed up.

But I actually didnt visit the site again til like, October. I didnt even realise it had a forum from my first visit, so anyway, One day in October I'm clearing my junk email and that and I'm deleting some old messages and I find the 'Welcome To Hyrule.Net' email, and I didnt even remember the site :\ So I go back to it to take a look see, and it looks alright. And I find the forum, so I take a look around and yeah looks like a nice place so here I am.

Posted

I'd been checking the site for various zelda stuff, news, screensavers, etc for years and I think I was part of the old forum (before everything went kapooie) though never posted. then I joined the forums when I was bored and seeking a new message board to feed my addiction.

Posted

I kinda heard about this site from another site while searching for Zelda Music, actually... :embarrassed:

I finally decided to look for hyrule.net one day, but all I saw was a white background and some paragraphs on how the site was going. (I think it was when it was tore down after Dustin had some problems with some people who helped him run his site...) Anyway, I checked up once in a while, and finally saw the green background that is still on the homepage of hyrule.net. However, I didn't sign up until July...I wanted to first see what kind of people were in the forums, and everyone looked friendly. So...here I am. :)

Posted

actually the background may turn white and text would be all over and the links would be blue all you have to do is delete your cookies and refresh it should work.

Posted

I think he means when the site itself was down for awhile. weeks, months, when it happened, I don't really remember.

Posted

I was looking for some TP information and ended up on this site, I thought it look alright but I didn't sign up before the second time I visited it...(like the rest of the hyrule.net members)

Posted

I typed in Google 'Hyrule' and I found this forum. A little bored and a bit curious I joined :embarrassed: