Shin Megami Tensei and other Atlus games.

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Start centering your strategy around buffs and debuffs. make sure you can increase the hitting power and elemental resistances of your team while curing statuses and debuffs inflicted by bigger enemies and bosses.

Posted (edited)

Well I'm thinking about replaying through Persona 1 (PSP) to get the good ending, I got the bad ending when I beat it last year because of something I did literally 20 hours ago. Going to try to get Ayase as my 5th this time around.

Also I never see anyone talk about Radiant Historia (spoiled because of huge, beautiful cover art)

11b4yl3.jpg

I never beat it, but it is an awesome game, the story is one of the most unique I've seen in a while, and I probably never even got half way through it. The battles are super fun too. Picked it up last year when Atlus USA reprinted it and the prices are already back to ridiculous amounts. I'm thinking of going back to it aswell. Has anyone else played this?

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)
Cascade and なべ like this

Posted

image doesnt work

Posted

I downloaded it and reuploaded it somewhere else, try it now T1g

Posted

for the hell of it I checked Radiant Historia out from the library. I will play it a little out of curisoity but I probably won't have the time to beat it

なべ likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm considering tracking down Radiant Historia at some point. Probably sometime after I finish Soul Hackers when it comes out.

On Persona 4 Golden, most recently I just saved Naoto. I won both the previous boss battles fairly easily because of Black Frost. I have maxed out Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Marie, Doshima, Nanako, and Yumi's social links and i'm working on Rise and the Fox right now(both at 6). Other than fusing Yoshi when I hit 75, anything I need to beware of coming up? (I'm just paranoid after Devil Survivor 2. The Septentriones and the final boss made me rage a lot)

Edited by Luneth Uchiha (see edit history)

Posted

No, the difficulty pretty much stays the same, Luneth. It's got a reputation for being one of the easiest Atlus games for a reason. Just trained like normal/fuse Persona, though, it's still a decent difficulty. Your post reminds me that I want to complete the Devil Survivor games even if the art style for that game annoys me!

But, alas, I have just begun P1. Wait, what was that?

rat2ZYf.png

Well said, Mark. Too bad you don't say that in the PSP remake nor are you black. But the PSP remake fixed way too much to pass it up over the original US release, so sorry, Blacky Mcgee, you will be missed. ;~; Also, on the topic of P1, I have no idea what I'm doing after three battles, this isn't P3 or P4 and I'm scared. But, I know that after I get used to everything and have more battles that I'll understand it in time. It's just so different and not to today's standards, but that will only make it so much sweeter when I learn how to abuse it.

なべ likes this

Posted

I still need to get Persona 3. I've been trying to find it at Graywhale for a while, but I'm thinking of just going amazon for it. I think I'm glad for the Persona branch I started with 4. I expected Persona to be a lot more like Devil Survivor where time wasn't an issue and social links barely existed in the second. If P4 wasn't so forgiving, it would have driven me nuts to figure it out.

Posted

No, the difficulty pretty much stays the same, Luneth. It's got a reputation for being one of the easiest Atlus games for a reason. Just trained like normal/fuse Persona, though, it's still a decent difficulty. Your post reminds me that I want to complete the Devil Survivor games even if the art style for that game annoys me!

But, alas, I have just begun P1. Wait, what was that?

rat2ZYf.png

Well said, Mark. Too bad you don't say that in the PSP remake nor are you black. But the PSP remake fixed way too much to pass it up over the original US release, so sorry, Blacky Mcgee, you will be missed. ;~; Also, on the topic of P1, I have no idea what I'm doing after three battles, this isn't P3 or P4 and I'm scared. But, I know that after I get used to everything and have more battles that I'll understand it in time. It's just so different and not to today's standards, but that will only make it so much sweeter when I learn how to abuse it.

oh gawd the black version

i cant stop laughing

and earthy is almost done with the game, though she has no idea why shes doing anything in it anymore. on the other hand, when i was playing it, i found the best solution to the frustrating recruitment system, if youre having issues with that. id recommend bookmarking it on your phone, if it can do internet. made my life so much better QnQ

Posted

I finished P4G last night, getting the true ending and beating the Aeon SLink's bonus dungeon. I have to say that the entire game was amazing, and I am a bit sad that it's over. I did pick up P4A the other day, but I'm not sure if I should play it quite yet as I hear it spoils everything about P3. 

In somewhat related news, we're getting close to soul hackers for 3DS. Anyone else excited for it?

Posted

I finished P4G last night, getting the true ending and beating the Aeon SLink's bonus dungeon. I have to say that the entire game was amazing, and I am a bit sad that it's over. I did pick up P4A the other day, but I'm not sure if I should play it quite yet as I hear it spoils everything about P3.

there are three characters from P3, i dont really count its content as spoilers? i mean, im playing P3 and i dont feel like anything was particularly spoiled. unless the name "aigis" doesnt ring bells for you, id think youre safe. i cant remember if i watched t1g play the P3 characters story routes, though.

though since the P4A cameos are older versions of how they were in P3, seeing how one of them changed appearance was pretty rich.

what i wanna see in P4A as far as character choices, though, is

ken or koromaru in P4A. id pay cash for those two. especially ken. just, that kid.

Posted (edited)

P3P should be coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm excited to start it up. I also went and preordered Soul Hackers on Monday. It's going to be interesting to play a first person SMT game, but I welcome it. SMT IV got a release date of May 23rd in japan and will have a bundle with a 3DS XL with a unique design. shin_megami_tensei_iv_nintendo_3ds_xl.jp

In summary: SMT is making the 3DS even more awesome. Only Monster Hunter can probably rival my excitement for the time being.

Edited by Luneth Uchiha (see edit history)

Posted

I also went and preordered Soul Hackers on Monday.

reminds me that i need to tell my parents to go do that. for my brothers sake. (its what im asking from him for my birthday :3)

tbh, one of my friends was like "SMT 3DSXL" and i was like "i JUST got this fire emblem one!" and then i realized that i wasnt reading right, and that it wasnt somehow a DS3DSXL (hell if i know what i was thinking). and then i was ok with life again. well, the videogame console side of life. but i digress.

im a bit worried, given that my response to strange journey was along the lines of outright rejection. i think it was the robo suits. they made the art into a huge turnoff, and then having to pay to heal, but having to negotiate with demons for money....for my first SMT game after devil survivor 1, it was a baaaaaad bad move. on the other hand, SJ made trying persona 1 not-so-painful. kainda. well, that and a smartphone and the internet. maybe one day ill go back and play/beat that.

Posted

It's almost like you don't have to pay to heal in Persona 3 or Persona 4. Oh, wait...

Also, I like how we're opposites. You started with the Devil Survivor SMT game while I started with Strange Journey. I love mine, you love yours. You are put off by things in Strange Journey and don't much wanna play it and I'm put off by things in Devil Survivor.

But I just haven't played it because I'm lazy, since I know it's a great game just like Strange Journey. Same for P1. One day, you will learn to love the space marines. That will be your day of enlightenment and I will welcome you with open arms (Not really, I'm not Law). But until then...

Also, hooray for SMT IV release date.

Posted

lol, its true. though if you wanna heal in tartarus, it costs money. i wouldnt have as much of an issue if you didnt have to talk the hell out of the demons for every piece of macca.

also, DS2 completely blows its prequel out of the water. fixes a lot of issues i had with the first one, like the routes being the same until the very last day. like, you dont get any character variance to change up your teams, or anything, and then suddenly on the last day, you get a bunch of people specific to your route, who youve never been able to use in battle, and are probably lower level than your main group. and phys characters arent nearly as useful as mag characters (read: mag chars broken as usual), with the exception of

babel, who i swear the strategy for is simply "equip pierce and punch it in the face". seriously, with it changing its resistances around so much, a phys piercer is more useful than all the mages you can get.

really, though, i wrecked everything on my second playthrough of DS2 with an ag/str build (hoooo man, some of those skills that they added are just....yes.) and i actually care enough about the endings/characters to replay the game. after my first runthrough of DS, i tried to replay it, and just, within five minutes i decided that was a dumb idea, and anything else would be a better use of my time. i didnt replay that sucker till i got overclocked. ive started my fourth lap through DS2.