Wii U

84 posts in this topic

Posted

wouldn't it be cheaper to get the deluxe version vs. the standard if you're looking into getting a external drive?

You spend $50 more upfront but you get more storage that will last you a while, nintendo land and a couple of other things and later on when you need to, you can revisit getting an external hard drive.

I have the USB 2.0 version of this guy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182211 and it's really nice. Doesn't come with a drive but allows you to swap drives easily, and has eSata

USB 2.0 version http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817173043.

Unfortunately there is no way to turn the lights off, cutting/unplugging them results in it not turning on at all.

You can get a 2TB Western Digital Black for $180.

This would be a much more suitable solution as some external hard drives are laptop drives, and don't have as many RPMs.

Posted

Looks like I won't be getting a Wii U after all :(

Posted

It's not related to the hard drive problem. My parents just told me [that Santa said] I can't get one :( Unless I can persuade my sister to get one over an iPod touch.

Posted

I even asked if we can share it. My list totals to ~£200 (over Birthday and Christmas) and Wii U+NSMBU/2=£175. £375 overall for birthday and Christmas isn't that bad, is it?

Posted

I know that, especially being a Christian. But I'm just slightly annoyed because I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Sorry for being a jerk.

Posted

Skridovaste, I like you. I also want you to know that before I sat up and actually attempted typing your name it was something like 'akeivsdte.' But lol don't apologize for that silliness

Sucks you won't be getting one, though. I don't know if I will but maybe in the future when there's more titles. this christmas I am getting things like a new watch and uh, a spare set of sheets for my bed lol. 

there's something to be said about saving up money and buying one yourself, though. I feel like you enjoy things twice as much when you buy them/earn them yourself, you know?

Posted

That was my plan, but my parents don't tend to give me pocket money unless I ask for it to get a drink etc for school. Also, the rate I would need for it to get it at a reasonable stage would be quite high. But I'll see what I can do.

Posted

Odd jobs, yard work, etc if you're too young to get an actual job. but yeah I know what you mean, I had that problem when I was younger too

Posted

fiverr.com

Posted

FLAGGED FOR SPAM

Posted

It's relevant as to getting money.

Posted

It's relevant as to getting money.

Tappy I am only joking lol

I'm pretending to be super mod

Posted

One game I'm really want to try is Monster Hunter, when it comes out. I've got Freedom Unite on PSP, and it's so fun. I've seen gameplay for 3 Ultimate, and it just looks so good.

Posted

I think I really just want Gamecube games to hit the virtual console now. My TV is too far away to play gamecube games with my Wii.

Posted

My dad refuses to get one. Ever. So yeah i'm puppying pissed.