Wii U

84 posts in this topic

Posted

From what I've heard, almost everybody who's played with the controller so far at demos and events has said it feels a lot better that it looks. Unfortunately, I can't get one at launch because there's no room for it in my dorm...

Posted

I reserved a Wii U today

swine

Posted

9 days until Wii U launch? Comes out with NSMBU? My deluxe comes with a free copy of Nintendo Land? Only one picture can describe the feels this creates: 483063_4512755071068_85211940_n.jpg

Posted

REEEEEGGGGGGGGGGIIIEEEEEE

Posted

Iwata does a very good unboxing. I think the best unboxing from websites has been Gonintendo's.

Posted

i still cant shake the vibe i have that the wii U is just the bastard offspring of the wii and the ds.

given that im broke, dont spend a lot of time with consoles anymore, and am not a huge fan of the gimmic-y games nintendo has gotten/made for both systems.....im gonna want/have to wait a bit to see how this goes. i mean, i can handle a gimmic or two, but there are only so many things you can ask me to do simultaneously with a time constraint before i chuck a controller.

Posted

I preordered the white one. My friend Codie swore he can get me a black one. We will see.

Once you go black...

Posted

For a lot more stuff.

Specifically, the 10% back on digital purchases and the inclusion of Nintendo Land.

And 32 GB.

Posted

I got the Wii U deluxe today, and I'm going to share my thoughts:

First off, the U in Wii U stands for updates. If you get a Wii U in the upcoming days, wait until late at night if possible to start it up. Traffic is terrible, and the system update takes anywhere between 2-3 hours to download. To be expected with a new system, so let's move on.

At first the controller is a bit awkward, but you get used to it. For the most part, games project the same thing onto the gamepad and the Television so it is up to you which screen you use. Many games use the gamepad's screen though, so it is advisable to generally watch it. It isn't too heavy, and if possible leave it plugged in all the time. Get used to turning on your system from your controller.

The loading times with the system is really what is currently killing me, although I have faith they will fix this in updates as they did with the 3DS. It can take up to 30 seconds to load the home menu. The home menu will take some getting used to. It is a lot like the 3DS home menu, but some icons you are unable to see what they are unless you click on them if you do not know what they are from 3DS.

I can't say too much about the built in features yet such as miiverse and TVii as they are currently having issues with day 1 traffic. From the games I have played(Nintendo Land and NSMB), I can tell what will determine the fate of the system is how creative they get with games. The system has a lot of potential, more than the Wii ever did, however some aspects can be frustrating. The FZero attraction in nintendo land is a great example of this. How you turn the wii pad to steer can be very awkward compared to how you would think to steer it.

Overall I like the system a lot. I will be posting any more impressions and updates as they come in. Stay frosty.

Posted

Obligatory Wii U video:

Posted

In the F-zero game, you hold the gamepad horizantally and then rotate it on an angle so the screen is always facing you.

Posted

Yeah you can look at the Gamepad but I actually find it easier to use the tv.

Posted

I still need to get a 3DS nevermind this Wii U stuff >:

It's out on the 30th over here if I remember rightly. Quite looking forward to giving it a shot sometime, though I'm still not certain I'll actually get one myself. Don't know a lot about what games will be available and if there are any I'd want to get.

Posted

Black Ops II is a thrill to play on the Gamepad with the TV off. It's like having my own little handheld to myself.

Mario U is also a game I would recommend. Other than that I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends and the inevitable Zelda U.

Posted

Zelda U to appear at the end of the console's life span ):