Followers 0

Dumb Little Vlog

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Just go around the gate, man

My instinct to be aberrant got in the way of that. :D

Posted

You are a weird man like Tim burton

That is the best compliment I've received in a while. No sarcasm involved, thank you very much for what I believe was an esteeming comparison.

Posted

for some reason, i feel like i know that park in the first vid. long acre, i think the name was?

Posted (edited)

for some reason, i feel like i know that park in the first vid. long acre, i think the name was?

It's actually located in Bridgewater, MA., built as a sort of concourse for a college complex.

Edited by Stylin' Scarecrow (see edit history)

Posted

dang, nowhere near me then. the way it was built though is freaky-similar, though. i spent so many hours there as a kid, i could have sworn it was that park, though i didnt see any of its more themed constructs, i guess :/

Posted (edited)

I have been expecting some more adult-oriented parkour and less of this playground stuff.

I guess I just follow the school of the more gritty, expressionistic parkourists. Like post-playground work.

Adult-oriented parkour? I'm afraid such a thing doesn't exist. Whichever medium you choose to practice on, whether playground wood, urban-themed concrete, or abandoned steel buildings, there is daunt in each of these places. Besides, I live in a majorly suburban area so there isn't much access to large cityscapes. You'll find that even the better athletes revisit places like playgrounds to rediscover what they may have not been well equipped to attempt before. I think I know what you mean though, you want an elevated shock value, or something like that.

So, how about this?

I filmed this in 2009, it was pretty much my first show reel of sorts. Hope you enjoy it, Google.

Posted

Adult-oriented parkour? I'm afraid such a thing doesn't exist.

Lies, I saw a guy stripping while jumping on a trampoline once. That's pretty much adult themed parkour right?

Posted (edited)

Lies, I saw a guy stripping while jumping on a trampoline once. That's pretty much adult themed parkour right?

Adult-themed, yet, not parkour. If he were enjoying coitus with a lady while dash vaulting over a balcony, then that would not only be adult-themed parkour but it would be legendarily impressive at the same time.

Hey, Google, this is another video I filmed outside of the playground zone (aside from partially involving playground equipment into the video). It actually earned me an award from APK (American Parkour), but people whined about "too much running". Either way, it deals with the more associated appliances of parkour practice.

Posted

In your Big, Black and Bouncy video, a+ for using tycho music. fantastic artist

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I used to think parkour was kinda cool but the more i watch it the more i realize how kinda stupid it is. Like it's almost cool when you jump across things, but when you just spin around to change direction...? It just seems like you are showing off for the sake of showing off.

Posted

It's the "art of moving through your environment as swiftly and effectively as possible"

I actually remember that verbatim, my friend's older brother was into amateur parkour for a little while

Posted (edited)

I used to think parkour was kinda cool but the more i watch it the more i realize how kinda stupid it is. Like it's almost cool when you jump across things, but when you just spin around to change direction...? It just seems like you are showing off for the sake of showing off.

Movement is movement, that's just part of the philosophy that those who practice the activity adhere to. I enjoy spinning around to change direction, if you don't, that's fine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you were referring to the movement that I performed around a small tree in the last video I posted here. I mean, of everything you could have pointed out, you chose to criticize that small, silly bit. It's cool though, It was only a little something I included that wasn't really a part of the original intent. You should at least give it a try yourself, spinning may just be your life's niche. In defense of the practice though, you shouldn't have such a disparaging opinion about parkour based only on a movement seen in my video that you were cynical towards.

Posted

It's the "art of moving through your environment as swiftly and effectively as possible"

But he isn't doing that