Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Suppose i'll make a thread for this since it's almost out. Oh hey, wuts that?

THE DEMO IS OUT AND FREE TO DOWNLOAD ON 3DS and probably Wii U as well.

Anybody else itching to team up and mon hunt?

from wut i understand, only the Wii U version goes online, but the Wii U and 3DS can transfer files back and forth so you can play the same character at home or on the go!

Posted

This game is going to eat up so my of my life it isn't funny. I'm getting the 3DS Version right off the bat, but probably will hold off on the Wii U version until I have people to play with. I tried both demos, and I have to say if you have camera problems on 3DS quickly tap the L button. It helps. I think the Wii U version is awkward for me since I only have the gamepad. I should probably get a Wii U pro Controller.

Posted

I'm going to try and pick up the game today at my local target. Did anyone else get it?

Posted

Capcom loves putting out incomplete games and then releasing "ultimate" versions apparently.

This ultimate version, however, still sucks.

Posted

What sucks about it?

Posted

No online version for 3DS. There's some bastardization of online play that involves a Wii U

Posted

Ok so this is off topic, but LL, if I knew this game was coming out any time soon in america, I would be buying your 3DS off of you:

This is Monster Hunter 4, which I think is exclusive to the 3DS, and HOLY SHIT does this game look incredible. It blows my mind that anyone can fit ALL THAT into a 3ds. I can hardly contemplate it. Not to mention how outrageously fun it looks.

I mean sure, I would play monster hunter 3 ultimate if I could, but it looks like its essentially just monster hunter tri with new monsters. And that's fine, but I want something more than that. Which is why I would definitely get monster hunter 4 as soon as I could.

It also features a sexy new weapon: The Charge Axe. It's very much like the switch axe, except instead of changing into a greatsword, it changes into a sword and shield. I'll probably stick with my switch axe, but I won't say I'm not tempted.

Posted

I just bought 3 ultimate for Wii u. If anyone wants to play sometime.

Posted

Ok so this is off topic, but LL, if I knew this game was coming out any time soon in america, I would be buying your 3DS off of you:

This is Monster Hunter 4, which I think is exclusive to the 3DS, and HOLY SHIT does this game look incredible. It blows my mind that anyone can fit ALL THAT into a 3ds. I can hardly contemplate it. Not to mention how outrageously fun it looks.

I mean sure, I would play monster hunter 3 ultimate if I could, but it looks like its essentially just monster hunter tri with new monsters. And that's fine, but I want something more than that. Which is why I would definitely get monster hunter 4 as soon as I could.

It also features a sexy new weapon: The Charge Axe. It's very much like the switch axe, except instead of changing into a greatsword, it changes into a sword and shield. I'll probably stick with my switch axe, but I won't say I'm not tempted.

The black monster at 2:40 looks cool. See like this is what a 2013 3DS game should look like.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

There's actually a handful of really sexy trailers for this game out right now. I'm gonna post two of them, the first one makes me especially excited to think that every fight with a monster might actually be like this one:

And then there's this other one which just shows general gameplay:

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it LOOKS like they MIGHT have gotten rid of the rooms system they used in monster hunter tri and prior games. Rooms, by which I mean running from area to area in a specific level, with determined entry/exit points and big open areas and the like. Everything starts to look the same after a while with a system like that, so this is cool. MAYBE. It MIGHT be cool IF they're doing that.