Names

49 posts in this topic

Posted

In case you haven't noticed, some peoples' names in the Legend of Zelda sound very similar.....

Examples:

Rauru, Sage of Light from Ocarina of Time

Auru, one of the people introduced by Telma in Twilight Princess

Jabu-Jabu, the giant fish from Ocarina of Time that the Zoras worshipped

Jabun, the holder of Nayru's Pearl from The Wind Waker. Note that he is also a giant fish.

Impa, Sage of Shadow from Ocarina of Time

Impaz, the lone survivor of that hidden village place in Twilight Princess

And, the longest chain of names I have noticed yet:

We'll start with Twilight Princess. The Zora Queen, Rutela. If you rearrange the letters in Rutela, you can get Larute. Which brings us to the Earth Sage from The Wind Waker, Laruto. Larute, Laruto. One letter difference. Note that Laruto is also a Zora. And she appears to you as a ghost, just as Rutela does. And, from Laruto, we get Ruto. You know, Princess Ruto, the Zora Princess from Ocarina of Time. And, from Ruto, we can change the "u" to an "i" and it becomes Rito, the winged race from The Wind Waker. There have also been many theories as to whether or not the Ritos evolved from the Zoras. This is one more piece of evidence.

Also, if you think you noticed similar names that I didn't say, go ahead and say it here. I'm sure I overlooked a lot while I was writing this. ^_^

Posted

In the Wind Waker, you can see that the Rito have the symbol of the Spiritual Stone of Water in some clothes...

Posted

you can get much more easily from Rutela to Ruto without having to try and use anagrams...

and the Impa, Impaz and Jabu and Jabun are paritucalar obvious ones that im pretty sure were put in more than deliberately, not so sure about the Rauru, Auru tho.

Posted

You missed Ruto and Rulis..or Ralis, I dont remember, in the game it had both of those names for him, and they're both Royal Zoras :)

Posted

you can get much more easily from Rutela to Ruto without having to try and use anagrams...

and the Impa, Impaz and Jabu and Jabun are paritucalar obvious ones that im pretty sure were put in more than deliberately,

I know...I was just going to make the topic with only the Ruto-ish names, but I decided to put in all the others I noticed. :embarrassed: They actually say in TP that Impaz's name is connected with Impa. So, you know, why not, anyway? :embarrassed:

And when I first saw Rutela, my first instinct was to switch the letters around, so I noticed that before I noticed Ruto. :embarrassed: Plus, then I could link together Rutela and Laruto and comment on how they appear to you as ghosts. :embarrassed: I didn't notice the symbol on the Rito's clothes.....good eye.......And as for the Ralis and Ruto.....they only have one letter in common, but I guess because they both begin with R.... :embarrassed:

There we go, I think I've answered everyone.......And with plenty of :embarrassed: smilies, too.....

Posted

Hehehe, yeah, that post had a lot of smileys :D

It's not that hard to check that out in Wind Waker. The forest sage was a Kokiri, he actually makes some reference... and the one before that Rito girl (I forgot her name :embarrassed: ) was a Zora, I think it's a bit obvious that the Zora and the Rito are conected... The question is how.

I mean, how some water people evolved into bird-people? I never found a reasonable answer for that :unsure:

Posted

They do that quite alot for big game series. Just look at Kingdom Hearts 2 and you'll see where it's getting.

Posted

Hehehe, yeah, that post had a lot of smileys :D

It's not that hard to check that out in Wind Waker. The forest sage was a Kokiri, he actually makes some reference... and the one before that Rito girl (I forgot her name :embarrassed: ) was a Zora, I think it's a bit obvious that the Zora and the Rito are conected... The question is how.

I mean, how some water people evolved into bird-people? I never found a reasonable answer for that :unsure:

Mabey they developed from flying fish? HAHAHAHAHA :D

okey that one sucked... :embarrassed:

Posted

But that was funny :D

In my biology class (yeah, biology) I say that the wings and the fins have some things in common, maybe with that and the Great Sea the Zora evolved into the Rito.

And we can't forget that the Rito doesn't have wings, Valoo gives them wings! :unsure: This is confusing :wacko:

Posted

. . . . . . . . . . . . VALOO GIVES THEM WINGS FROM A "SCALE". I just remembered that. Scale? Zoras? Wings? I don't know how, but I do believe we've just gotten half a step closer to solving the whole Zoras-to-Rito thing. :embarrassed:

Posted

How I could forget that? The scale!!!

I've just had this weird idea... what if the Rito are a very-weird-evolution of the gorons and the zoras?

Or is just that the Zoras started living in Death Mountain and, with time, the gorons dissapeared and the Zora's evolved, that would explain why Valoo is a dragon

Posted

Who knows? Maybe Ruto, Laruto, Rutela, and Ralis are all related?

Posted

i'm not sure but isn't there a zora in dm in tp?

Posted

Think of it in evolutionary terms, in other games they have a lake and a river, however by the time of wind waker, it's a huge great sea, great for sea dwelling beings?

WRONG

With the bigger sea, much bigger things can grow which will then most likley eat the zoras (like the giant octopi) so they moved onto land to gain safety, but with the aid of wings they can still move just as quickly over the great sea.

Posted

Volvagia - Valoo lol I think you might be on to something. :wacko: