Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

tumblr

172 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

At least leave a word and/or an ellipsis :C

(It said Fierce Muffin was reading this thread and I got this sudden urge to draw faces on a muffin picture. This is how tumblr started, isn't it)

Edited by Sawoobie (see edit history)

Posted

Also, what is tumblr technically supposed to be e-e

Posted

It's a blog site, or more accurately, a reblog site. You post up whatever you want, music, photos, text entries, videos, etc. etc. And other people can like your posts, reblog them on their own blogs, or follow other people to see what they've blogged or reblogged. You can also tag your posts or search Tumblr for tags you like. That's literally it. The bare bones of it. It's a rock-simple site, and I actually admire it for its design. But the way the masses use it can be kind of horrible.

Posted

It's a blog site, or more accurately, a reblog site. You post up whatever you want, music, photos, text entries, videos, etc. etc. And other people can like your posts, reblog them on their own blogs, or follow other people to see what they've blogged or reblogged. You can also tag your posts or search Tumblr for tags you like. That's literally it. The bare bones of it. It's a rock-simple site, and I actually admire it for its design. But the way the masses use it can be kind of horrible.

So it's originally more for the blogging but became more of the re-blogging. Okay.

I mean, I vaguely understood what tumblr was but only ever called it the never-ending-procrastination-thing in my mind.

Posted

The search page also features infinite scrolling. As in, once you hit the bottom of the page, it loads more things automatically. So your procrastination never ends. You just keep scrolling.

But yeah, most of Tumblr is creatively bankrupt. Ideally, it can be a perpetuation machine for under-recognized producers of content who actually have some kind of creative merit, but most people just reblog gifs and pictures they didn't make, and probably not even from the original source, which means the creator isn't being credited. Some people edit out the watermark if they can, but it's not like the average Tumblr user is going to type in the watermarked credit into their search bar; they're too busy scrolling, so naturally, reposting works can massively damage potential exposure. I mean, I understand that there needs to be masses in order to spread creativity to the masses, but reposting something is probably the scummiest thing you could do. The video pretty much hits every nail on the head.

Posted

I think this is definitely my favorite post from you. I haven't ever been super frustrated discussing with LL, but I think this is the most well thought-out, sincere, mature, and agreeable post I've seen you write, even if it was a rebuttal. I sincerely like this post.

i cant help but feel somewut bad that it took me 4 years for you to finally admire something ive posted hahaha.

Also, as long as the art isnt a repost, but like, an original post from the original artist's blog, it'll still have a source link. So it can be reblogged a million times with a million comments on it but you can still find the artist with a single click. Its when people post other's art from other sites that it becomes a potential problem.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Nah, I've admired your art posts and your ambitions and stuff, because I think you actually do have good potential, but I think you can have trouble keeping composure sometimes, and your words are either too weirdly honest or not honest enough, in the passive-aggressive sense. I think you're a cool guy, but I'd like to see you more confident and composed like that.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I also mucho enjoyed that post. I think though that you can not actively participate in pop culture, but in that case it is pop culture, and whatever it is about it that you don't like about it that is inspiring you to do so

Posted

i disagree. While most of us cannot actively participate in Pop Culture, there are people out there that have mastered it to an art. Im guessing those people are mostly managers to our pop icons. Sounds like something outta an anime but you know.

Posted

It's like pop...art?

Posted

yesh

Posted

Isn't that the album by Laddy GooGoo

Posted

her Album is called "Art Pop" and its fantastic.

Pop art is an actual, general term, Silver, you should know this.

PS- Art Pop is actually the worst song on the album imo

Posted

That was a joke, though. Sorry for not being clean on that. :<

PrimaGaga likes this