What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

The Comedy Album "Impregnated with Wonder" by Pete Holmes.

Posted

Posted

All that need be mentioned about this group is thank some omnipresent entity for DBZ: Lord Slug... THANK YOU, TORIYAMA!

Posted

Posted

Auld Lang Syne.

For no reason WHATSOEVER.

Also there's a version of it that's 8-bit and mixed with about 14 seconds of the original Zelda theme and it's a Nyan Cat video.

Who knew

Posted

Back to my favourite Christmas song again

Posted (edited)

Have some electronica.

And my two favorite music videos:

Huuuuuge NSFW language warning btw

Just... wait for it. The puppying long intro is what makes it great.

Also

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted

I have she's discography. You know he came out with a new album, Electric Girl?? I think I tried to talk about that in another thread with you but I don't remember getting a response. I'm not a big fan of ambient music, which is most of she's earlier work, so I'm glad he decided to do more house stuff. He clearly has a Daft Punk infuence, and in one of his tracks, he clearly sampled Music Sounds Better With You, and I think in another track, he sampled Oh Yeah, or some other Daft Punk track. One of my favorite she tracks is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72adAIhtYIw. It's just so high energy and funky.

Also, Windowlicker is silly. Aphex Twin is silly in general.

I listen to EDM (Electronic Dance Music, commonly referred to as electronica) pretty much exclusively nowadays. Normally I'm more into dance-oriented stuff, and I even work on making my own occasionally [though it's not that great yet]. But I found this cool French artist (as French EDM artists tend to be) recently, and they've got a really nice, chill, groovy sound.

I think if you enjoy she, or electronic music in general, we could trade recommendations. (:

True Gamer likes this

Posted

AAAAAAAAAAA HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS. Electric Girl is like 2 years old I don't even know. I even have she's newer stuff and I somehow missed it.

Yeah like 75% of what I listen to is electronic music. Lots of Daft Punk, Justice, Pendulum, Madeon, she, The Upbeats some Deadmau5, Noisia, The Glitch Mob.

Posted

If you're into electro house, here's a track that I really enjoy. Also by a French EDM artist: https://soundcloud.com/svensk4/space-machine-original-mix

The French really know how to do house.

Stuff like this tends to be what I recommend people because most people I know IRL who listen to electronic music tend to lean towards heavier musics, like electro house and dubstep, or some combination between the two, and for that track in particular I actually like it a lot, especially when I have a good pair of headphones or speakers.

But I lean a lot more towards the fun stuff. Disco and funk.

https://soundcloud.com/traktionmusic/red-cats-original-mix

And then crazy cool artists like Daft Punk. It's hard to say it out loud, but I still haven't found a sound that impresses me more.

ugh bad youtube quality

Then my favorite genre out of any, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtw1OADndLc.

hrrrrnnnnggg

Posted

I love Daft Punk. I downloaded their full discography this summer (like over a gig of music lol puppy) and really enjoyed them. I heard there's a rumor that they will be touring next year, eh?

Posted

Yeah, the No End rumor sounds really cool, because it's reported that they're working with a disco superstar, which means more of a return to their more warm progressive house sound, rather than the electro turn they took with Human After All (still a great album, btw). And I like the album art, however jpeg'd it looks. So who knows. I'd really like them to put out more musics.

Posted

I want to start rebuilding my music library, as I mentioned on the Discuss Anime thread. My tastes have changed a lot since I first got my iPod when I was 10. I'll throw in a bit of J-Pop, J-Rock, electronica, dubstep, drum and bass, rock. Any thing else? I really need to widen my musical horizons. I used to be so mainstream, it's unbelievable.

Posted

Drum 'n Bass, Dubstep, and J-pop are all electronic music and go in the "electronica" category, since it just literally refers to any and all electronic music.

Try and get through all of this guide and you might learn stuff. It has examples and low-bitrate loops of each genre it talks about.

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

I don't place like a huge amount of importance about nitpicking in genres, but I'll call it out when I see it and know enough about it, because sometimes, people are just plain wrong. Sometimes I'm just plain wrong, but I like to try to at least cover my bases before talking about stuff.

Genres are important, I think, in at least knowing what you've historically liked and wish to hear more of in the future. If there's anything on the internet that can help you get started [with at least electronic music], it's that one. I knew it pretty well before, but I'm really a house kind of guy. If you don't know what it is, it's that thing everyone keeps calling techno. (they're two distinctly different genres)