Zelda MMORPG

179 posts in this topic

Posted

Don;t Doubt it so fast... I am in the development of a 2d Tile-based Zelda MMORPG that will be released pretty soon!!

[Advertisement]

Could it be? Finally an MMORPG based around The Legend of Zelda!? Yes! It can be! And it is called Zelda: The Last Hero!

You, as one of the survivors of Hyrule's unfortunate takedown by the evil Ganondwarf, must find The Last Hero and save Princess Zelda from his evil clutches. Are you up to it? Can you search the entire world from which Link (The once famous warrior) has journeyed through many a time before you?? It's up to you. Find the last hero, or die trying.

[End of Advertisement]

This 2d tile-based MMORPG will hit off in Beta testing on April the 30th or sooner! No Website currently as we are mainly concerned about the game development rather than Websites. If you wish to try out this game, come back here often and look for a link to the Zelda: The Last hero MMORPG website.

Posted

Don;t Doubt it so fast... I am in the development of a 2d Tile-based Zelda MMORPG that will be released pretty soon!!

[Advertisement]

Could it be? Finally an MMORPG based around The Legend of Zelda!? Yes! It can be! And it is called Zelda: The Last Hero!

You, as one of the survivors of Hyrule's unfortunate takedown by the evil Ganondwarf, must find The Last Hero and save Princess Zelda from his evil clutches. Are you up to it? Can you search the entire world from which Link (The once famous warrior) has journeyed through many a time before you?? It's up to you. Find the last hero, or die trying.

[End of Advertisement]

This 2d tile-based MMORPG will hit off in Beta testing on April the 30th or sooner! No Website currently as we are mainly concerned about the game development rather than Websites. If you wish to try out this game, come back here often and look for a link to the Zelda: The Last hero MMORPG website.

Finally? Sorry to burst your bubble but there already IS an online zelda called 'Hyrule Online' (Dustin might want to rename his) and can be found at hyruleonline.net...

Posted (edited)

Yea, I've seen that, it does look quite good. But, it doesnt really seem like its revolved around zelda...

And plus, it's made with a free game maker... Eclipse maybe?

No custom anything. ( as far as i know. I may be wrong)

My MMORPG is a professionally made game. With a professional scripting and graphics cast.

There are custom hairstyles, characters, items, tiles, and sprites!!

Here are a few screenies of some maps so far ( Now they are not perfected, because this game is only in Alpha testing).

forestareafo1.png

---Forested area---

oraclecaveqb5.png

---Oracle cave---

stablesno4.png

---Horse Stables---

battleareami5.png

---Battling Area---

titlewz0.png

---Title Screen---

Edited by sigh (see edit history)

Posted

looks good

Posted

The Zelda MMORPG, Zelda: The Last hero is now up and running. You may play it for free (had to take out the special features for a price becuase nintendo told us we can't profit form the game). Go check out Zelda: TLH at http://www.zeldatlh.tk ! Hope you enjoy it! And remember to vote!

Posted

Elf people? Can't he/she just say hylian? And may I point out that LINK HAS TO BE IN A ZELDA GAME! Even if it is a big MMORPG, Link is in every game. He can't be talking about TP, because Link is in it. This rumour is so fake.

'Maded' is a word my kindergarten sister stopped saying two years ago.

I would love a Zelda RPG, but an MMORPG is hard to imagine.

Link has to be in a Zelda game eh? He's in every game eh? Apparently somebody is too young to know what a CD-i is, either way it has a game played without Link, as Zelda herself.

Anyway, what's so hard to imagine? Hyrule Online could be awesome, with all the different races, beasts, items, etc. It could blow WoW and FFXI out of the friggin' water! I really hope they do make it and btw why would Nintendo NOT make the game? MMO's are one of the most popular genres for games period these days. Nintendo needs to make this step in the right direction. Zelda would be the franchise to make it happen, would you rather play Mushroom World Online?

Final Note: If you don't want to play it, don't. Duh.

Posted

Sigh,

How do you made your MMORPG game than?

And yes you're wrong we have everything custom...

Only thing I care about is:

More scripts... (I have a lots and 1 in making)

And more custom mapping images... to place more houses or such ;)

And your game is in beta now I see...

Can you post pics?

Adr

Posted (edited)

Yea, I've seen that, it does look quite good. But, it doesnt really seem like its revolved around zelda...

And plus, it's made with a free game maker... Eclipse maybe?

No custom anything. ( as far as i know. I may be wrong)

My MMORPG is a professionally made game. With a professional scripting and graphics cast.

There are custom hairstyles, characters, items, tiles, and sprites!!

Here are a few screenies of some maps so far ( Now they are not perfected, because this game is only in Alpha testing).

loolololololol

Professional?

All you did was recolor some sprites you found on the Internet and others you just copypasta'd there.

The script may be professional, I don't know. But that just looks horrible.

TL;DR

Nice recolors and good job, you can copy sprites other people made.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

loolololololol

Professional?

All you did was recolor some sprites you found on the Internet and others you just copypasta'd there.

The script may be professional, I don't know. But that just looks horrible.

TL;DR

Nice recolors and good job, you can copy sprites other people made.

2 things Muffin :P

1: Delete that quote or at least the images (for Dail up and less scrolling...) (I not have dail up btw but just not quote long posts or big/much images please :P;) )

2: Ho haves copy and paste too... :embarrassed:

Posted (edited)

1. Done

2. ?

Are you saying that it doesn't have any things copy and pasted from other games?

The Link sprite is just edited in the first picture, like the grass, which was, for some reason, blown up, and Link's sprite just has the part of the cap that he flipped around colored blue. And a previously brown Epona.

The second one is just a copypasta fest to see how many different games he can copypasta from and still make it look horrible. Barely anything blends together, like it would in a professional game.

In the third one, they couldn't even edit the little wall that's around the drinking little thing to make it a full "square", it's cut off by sprites of logs on the right side.

The fourth one has a sprite of two Link sprites, just morphed together like those horrible Pokemon morphs, I'll get you a picture.

chronolinksm9.pngyounglink.png

Or it's just one horribly edited version of this. Or, maybe not, maybe it's the a blend of the two.

Some of the sprites that make it seem like it's going to a higher elevation don't even blend together, one even gets cut off, not very professional. :<

And the last picture is just AHAHAHAHA. He didn't even get rid of the white outline around Link when he made it. And the text is horrible, as well, and he copied that as well, he just colored it purple.

Also, almost all the ground tiles are blown up, since he decided not to do in 16x16, and almost all of these tiles are from A Link to the Past.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

Before I make my arguement, I am not a regular here and I have not read the entire 8 pages of previous posts, I've only read and scanned over a few posts. So with that said, I will say this :

An MMO for the Zelda series would have to have the following things in order to be successful in my opinion :

- Would have to have multiple types of races in which you can choose to play much like how it is with Final Fantasy XI (have any of you played that? I have.)

- Would have to have a Realm vs. Realm type of system to create a sense of conflict within the world of Hyrule, not everyone wants to play the good guy, or bash monsters all day, some might actually like to Player vs. Player for a cause which is known as Realm vs. Realm game play.

For example, some might actually want to fight for the forces of Ganon or some other evil character in the Zelda series in order to try and capture the Triforce of Wisdom, Triforce of Courage, and perhaps the Crystals? The possibilities are endless. (me personally I would love to role-play the villain and serve Ganon's forces (Triforce of Power).

- Would have to be mutli-platform MMO in order to draw in the largest number of games much like EverQuest has done.

Anyhow, anyhow that is just tip of the iceburg, however you need to open your thinking to think of the endless possibilities from both perspectives and not just from the perspective of Link or Zelda. Ganon has a perspective too you know ;)

Something to think about is all!

Posted

This Is My Argument people: [have only read first page]

This doesn't sound realistic, there most likely won't be a zelda MMO. think about it! it just wouldn't make much sense! especially since a lot of the games revolve around the triforce, giving every hero at a part of the game a triforce would be idiotic. But if you take the tri-forces out, it just wouldn't feel right.

2nd. I highly doubt it Will be the last zelda game.

1. In reality, there second priority is the fans, the 1st priority is the MONEY. Get it? thats why they drop games that aren't doing well, despite what the ppl who played it think of it. Money is Power.

2. End it with an mmo? Thats just retarded!

+ i woudln't even consider it zelda, i'd be more like "Hyrule Wars" Or something like that.

Posted

an online game would be awsome if you could designe an elf

Posted

I think a Zelda mmorpg would be fun. Think like this, in the gameworld you can choose a race(hylian,kokiri,zora,goron,deku,gerudo,twili and shadowcreature). Then depending on what race you choose you will work for either Ganon or Zelda. The Zelda followers would be fighting the Ganon followers, like hoard and ally in WoW. I think that it would be very cool. Then it would be like a mmorpg and you can find new weapons and armors and so on. Link should exist in the game but he is not playable. He could be like a teacher for swordskills and thinds like that.

But Nintendo would never do mmorpg. That is a shame because I think it could be very very good. Maybe a fan could make a Zelda mmorpg...

Posted

OK, so I haven't read the other 8 pages. A Zelda MMORPG has amazing potential. There are, of course, certain factors that have to be included - for instance, a player should be able to choose their race, Gerudo, Kokiri, Goron, Zora, a minion of Ganon's, etc. All the races should also have their own sidequests as well as major quests that interact with other races.

That being said, I can't bring myself to believe that this will be the last Zelda game either. Nintendo wouldn't do that to themselves - every time they release a Zelda game, I'm sure that their sales go through the roof. I just can't imagine them shooting themselves in the foot like that.