Talk

27453 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, here's what I know about stop n' swap. I may have gotten this from somebody else on this site, but I can't really remember. The original idea was for the player to take the game out of the system, swap it for tooie, and start tooie with the memory from the last game still in the system. Unfortunately, this all hinged on the fact that the original N64 would hold the RAM for 30 seconds after the pack was removed. Later production models of the N64 would only hold the RAM for only a few seconds, making the swap extremely difficult and dangerous. Plus, taking out the game cartridge while the system is still on is a stupid idea to begin with.

The first type of RAM could hold up to approximately 10 seconds, leaving little time to cold swap the cartridges. The new type of RAM in more recent models of the N64 only allowed up to 2 seconds in between turning it off and attempting to swap cartridges. Rareware scrapped the idea, as several employees have said on RWP.

Posted

Why is everyone sick now? :[

Same situation over here. I'm fine though, thankfully.

*cough*

Posted

Dude, I have been on a RARE fansite for over a year. People hacked the game to death, and there is no implemented link. It was revealed what would have been with the XBOX Live Arcade versions.

This is the site I've been at and post faithfully to since I joined August 19th, 2008.

www.rarewitchproject.com

Awesome people (example - Teto) : )

Cool. However the only games I've ever seen by rare for the N64 was Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and DK64. Also I saw Conker, but I was like 7 when it came out.

Posted

:D Man, they got another video out fast.

Posted

Cool. However the only games I've ever seen by rare for the N64 was Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and DK64. Also I saw Conker, but I was like 7 when it came out.

The only game I've ever played by Rare is StarFox: Adventures.

Join, bro.

Posted

My friend told me about a new Halo game coming out.

Posted

Today was fun. Tennis was long, we got beat pretty bad, but I had a great conversation with a girl about Chopin while we shared rangoon. Also, a guy got shoved into his trunk while he watched the matches. It was funny, and it was random. Gotta love the tennis team.

Also, Psych is going to be funny. I can tell from the first five minutes. :D

Posted

^ I love Psych. I have yet to see the new season episodes, though... D:

Today was nice. Sleep-in Friday, pretty good classes. After school, the weather was divine. Nice and cool, pleasant wind, nicely overcast, occasional small drizzle, beautiful mountains, stunning clouds, and freaking rainbow! And not one of those weak ones. This rainbow was very visible for a long while. And the way it seemed to start in the mountains and extended into the clouds, which were very pretty from the setting sun, was way smexy. :3

Sadly, I didn't have a camera. If I did, I would have so many gorgeous pictures... You don't even know.

Posted

Why is everyone sick now? :[

H1N1, probably. =P I'm surprised I haven't gotten sick, yet. A lot of my friends have.

Anyways, aaaahhh its the weekend again!~ x3 A bit of homework, and only 6 days until I go see the E7 movie on the big screen. =D

Also, I saw the movie, "9" today with some friends.

I LOVE IT

SO MUCH. |D Definitely getting it on Blu-Ray when it comes out. >3

Posted

I saw "9" last weekend. It was fantastic, I will agree.

And also, EVERYONE has the flu right now. About half of my school is out right now (quite literally), so they're really stressing being sanitary and washing one's hands often.

Posted

I'd like to see 9 sometime, though I'm usually pretty bad at seeing movies in theaters. I've yet to see Star Trek, Wolverine, Angels and Demons, etc.

My brothers sick... I'm hoping I won't catch whatever he has.

Posted

I've yet to see Star Trek, Wolverine, Angels and Demons, etc.

My friends who aren't Trekkies (well, neither am I xD) saw Star Trek and said it was really good. My brother said Wolverine was absolutely atrocious, and I've heard nothing on Angel's & Demons. xD Mainly because I want to finish reading the book first. xP

Posted

My friend says Angels and Demons would be better if you haven't read the book, since the book is better apparently. He still liked it though.

Posted

I better read the lost symbol soon.