Rumors

62 posts in this topic

Posted

This was all taken from the zeldauniverse.net forums!!

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27170

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!

GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

"This is a new generation of Link.

The world is one you've never explored.

Zelda is not the same.

In short, every aspect is new."

"The Hyrule you see is brand new. It was found by the descendants of the characters you control throughout the game.

CHARACTER I mean..."

He later said, "You can play as Zelda."

-Hmmh. I hope that will work well, it seems like a bad idea.

"As for the playable characters, chances are...HINT COMING

HINT: A vast percentage of you see one everyday."

And then he eventually said, "You control animals."

-Hmm.. I wonder how that will work. I hope it doesn't blow..

*There will be no traveling to the other world and back to do something like open passage to another place like in Metroid Prime 2. If a temple starts in the normal world, it ends in the normal world.

"Sheik isn't in this game."

"The instrument in this game, does not control the wind, nor turn day to night.

What it will do, is summon your horse to you."

"You can pick up weapons and items dropped from enemies."

"You can run

You can ride

You can walk

The game is tough, you'll probably die...

However, if times get tough, or just for fun...

Take to the skies."

-Aerial transport.. sweet. Even Aonuma hinted about there being some sort of aerial transportaion..

IGN: The world in Twilight Princess is huge. How will Link be able to get around? Is it just by horse, or can he boat and fly, too?

Eiji Aonuma: Oh, no, it wouldn't just be the horse. There are many other ways to move about the game.

IGN: Is there an animal that you can fly?

Eiji Aonuma: You might be able to [laughs].

"The Twilight Realm can be accessed at anytime. Except...in villages, for some reason.

Of course, you can't access it until after the first stint of the game."

OVERWORLD SPOILERS

Spoiler:When he was talking about the forest temple, he said.. "It was an area you have seen before."

-Hmmm.. mabye Kiroriki Forest, or the Great Deku Tree..

"The Hyrule you see is brand new. It was found by the descendants of the characters you control throughout the game." (yes, I know I posted this in two different places)

-That is a very interesting statement.. I wonder what he means..

"The Dungeons, they are gorgeous. You can smell the decay on the dying branches. You feel the wind wrapping around Link at all times. The monkeys are extremely well modeled fur, and all. The puzzles are extremely fun, and once again have the same luster of Wind waker, only more involved and more difficult.

It's not about collecting hundreds of keys anymore, every dungeon is self contained. There is a huge central piece that makes up what that dungeon represents...

I could name examples, but alas...NDA.

A subtle clue once more, is...camera angles. An amazing innovation and something you've never seen before. Trust me what you've seen from screens, and video is not what you will see."

"There is a new Hyrule.

Well. If this was a Zelda world. I could jump in my boat sail off to unknown territories and name it the United States...

Right? Get it?"

-Hmmm.. that is another interesting statement.

CONTROLS AND COMBAT SPOILERS

Spoiler:"The horse is extremely easy to control. Nice and smooth, and the whipping is a little different then OOT. You have to keep an eye on the speed/stamina of the horse. And time the whips."

*I asked him about combat.. he said it's basically the same as Wind Waker, but you get to choose what you do, offense, defense and the final blow.

And then he later said, "You have the ability to use offensive, and defensive manuevers. You can smack an enemy with your shield, then loop around behind them and get em in the back."

When asked is the fishing controls were the same, or if the introduced a new system, he replied.. "I can tell you I played it, but I can't tell you anymore than that. I will tell you...things vibrate."

ITEM SPOILERS

Spoiler:"You can combine items, to create new ones. This opens an entire possibility of innovation. I'm sure everyone

Posted

Read it...cool,looks like the Twilight Princess game will be on two disks! Case closed. *takes out key from pocket and attempts to lock that rumour*

Posted

this is perfectly open, there's plenty of room for people to speculate here and it's a good new set of rumours.

let's see if i can go through them methodically and tackle most of the points...

-They have said that this will be the last zelda as we know it so obviously not eveyrhting will be new including familar characters that were mentioned.

-Zelda as a playable character has been mentioned before and could well happen consdeing she has a katana here, however i don;t see where this would be used, maybe similar to the two later dungeons in wind waker possibly?

-The new Hyrule thing seems like an odd statemnt, i could understand completely if it was after wind waker, but nintendo specifically said that it wasn't, then again hyrule has been different in every game, so it's an odd point.

-midna is technically a playable character as we already know and I think the controlling animals is true, take the hawk in the E3 2005 demo for instance and the seagulls in wind waker. This game revolves a fair bit around animals so i reckon this bit could well be true.

-classic zelda style there, if there's a secret you can open it there and then (well normally happens, odd exception such as the bomb wall in the deku true on OOT)

-no surprises that sheik's not in it, why would he/she be anyway?

-the instrument is the reed whistle made of grass, i'd be willing to bet it calls many animals as we've seen the horse AND hawk so far.

-picking up enemies weapons, could do that in wind waker, so i don;t see why they should have got rid of it...

-Aerial transport has cropped up several times, but i'm more interested in to how they'd get it to work without ruinging the game or having to create invisable borders around hyrule (maybe hyrule's on a whole planet so there's no need for walls, that would be sweet)

-Interesting comment about the twilight realm, i thought it was expanding from a point, but maybe it turns out that it's a parallel dimension

-camera angles eh? hope we don;t start having to complain about how annoying they can be again...

-It's already been said that twilight princess uses the same combat engine as wind waker, but with a LOT of things added on, so it's almost entirely different. Should make for some nifty battles especially with the wii controller.

-combined weapons are a dead certanty, hence the bomb arrow mick-take in legend of link, been talked about for a while, but there's something about a bomb boomerang that seems like a bad idea....

-I've found it difficult to think of any new items for zelda, used on a lake? im still stumped as to what it could be if he's telling the truth

-This whole midna thing is still down to speculation, but i must admit this is the most convincing argument to what midna actually is, having also seen someone edit a picture of midna into the master sword im now pretty certain that's what the case is...

All in all im more intrigued about this game, but if all this is true, i think things are beginning to fall off slightly, i don;t think some of these things will work together, but i suppose this is the Zelda team we're talking about. As per usual, we'll have to wait and see if this is true and how the game turns out.

Sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes, it happens when i type quickly with lots of stuff.

Posted

Was starting to wonder when people were going to respond to this, thanx gingerlink!

Posted

ah, one piece against the midna=master sword thing, noticed in the demo she said something along the lines of "you can use your sword to take out enemies at a close range". Now, although i know nintnedo wouldn;t want to release info like that in the demo, you'd think she would have said something instead referencing herself instead, so it seems a little odd.

I think i read in an interview that midna is a completly new character so it might not be worth speculating like this.

I should post this on the midna thread as well...

Posted

interesting i guess we will have to wait and see huh? This game is gonna be great no matter what. Miyamoto is the greatest and i highly doubt he will let us down with this one.

Posted

This is going to be really great, seriously. I have always wanted a combat game where you can seriously choose your offensive and defensive moves in the way they are making it sound! ^.^ Miyamoto and friends, I thank ye.

Posted

Anyone know how to make time go faster?!I WANT TP NOW!!...hey Link,can I borrow the ocarina?

Thanks......

Posted

You said it Vivi.... I wish I can make time go quicker too.... have 10000000000000 rupees and even more... for er you know Phantom Hourglass.... takes place after Windwaker....

Posted

my ocarina, my PREEEECCCIIIIOOOUUUSSS...

looks like phantom hourglass will be out beofre twilight princess at the moment, then again we could have a zelda trio released on the same day (gamecube and wii of TP and PH on the DS)

There must be some more clues to these things in the trailers or demos

*watches them backwards*

Posted

Anyone know how to make time go faster?!I WANT TP NOW!!...hey Link,can I borrow the ocarina?

Thanks......

Links ocarina got lost in the river a couple days a go... Sorry!

post-718-1153185061.gif

Posted

<_< we know that much, thank you very much!

It is not a blade, nor a bottle.

It is not a shot of any length

It instead is used on a lake."

Ohhhh!I bet I know this one!It has to be a canoe. It just screams canoe all over it!

Posted

you know your right it does scream canoe. It was just so obvious that it didnt even occur to me that it could be a conoe. Hmmm i hope your wrong though, it would be neat to see something else used on the lake.

Posted

That is exactly what I was thinking. Seeing as you see Link in a canoe in the fishing screenshots, and then there isn't much else to use out on the lake.

Also. Your "precious"?

Posted

TZ, what in hyrule are talking about?

... :blink: ....