Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eka's LoZ Video-Making Service ^-^

389 posts in this topic

Posted

hallelooya (or however you spell that)
heres mah grade A equation:
legend of zelda+ awesome music= awesomeness on many levels!!!
phoenix wright has the best music

Posted

Lol. I can't wait to see the NessxLucas one. *wishes Anna was an actual character*

Posted

I'm gonna request a new vid soon, atm I'm trying to think of a good song... Maybe One or Whispers...
Anyway, it'd be good if you could reserve a spot for my video or something while I think of a song and some clips...
I'll post the request tomorrow sometime, I gotta get of the computer now.

Posted

You do good work! I might even consult you for a video sometime in the near future! :) However, while watching [i]Dance Floor Anthem (For FF)[/i] (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WxSj83ExIRM), I noticed that there is stolen fanart in the video done by artists I am well acquainted with: The Link x Ilia picture is a paid commission for my friend Leigh done by an artist who goes by LadyShieru, and the Link x Zelda piece is drawn by my friend Betty who goes by Chibi-Rinku.

I'll ask that you refrain from using peoples' artwork without first asking for [i]and receiving[/i] permission. It violates artists' copyrights, and just because it's on the internet, it does not make it public domain. To make is a little clearer, I'll include a bit of information from whatiscopyright.org:

[b][size=3]Copyrights and the Internet.[/size][/b]
[size=2][b]Public domain - not![/b][/size]
[size=1][color="#FFFF00"]When visiting a web site, it is so easy to click and save with a mouse button when one sees a graphic image or photo that one likes, or to view the source code and copy part of or all of the HTML coding because one "likes the way this or that was done" or one "wants a similar layout", or to copy original writings because "that person expresses this or that so well". The general (and incorrect) notion is that anything that is on the internet is public domain and may be taken without permission from the creator/owner. Some people actually think (incorrectly) that just because bits of web pages may be stored in one's cache, or because certain browsers allow one to do "file save as" moves or anything similar one may use such material as one wishes. [b][color="#FFFFFF"]This is false.[/color][/b]

Just because your driveway is not inside of your house, is it in the public domain? Does that give anybody off the street the right to stay on your driveway without your permission, even if they can see it from the street, or easily access it? The same basic principle applies to material published on the internet. Material found on the web may be copied freely only if the information is created by the [b][color="#FFFFFF"](i) federal government[/color][/b], [b][color="#FFFFFF"](ii) if the copyright has expired[/color][/b] or [b][color="#FFFFFF"](iii) the copyright has been abandoned by the holder.[/color][/b] Therefore, "internet" and "public domain" are not synonymous. Any work published on the internet is [b][color="#FFFFFF"]not[/color][/b] automatically placed it in the public domain, unless the material in question complies with one or more of the characteristics mentioned.[/color][/size]

So, I just ask that you not use artwork that people put their hearts into- it's theft, and it could actually get you into a lot of trouble, and I'd really hate for that to happen to somebody who obviously possesses growing talent, you know? Good luck in your future videos! :)

Posted

[quote name='Zeruda' post='156085' date='Jul 18 2008, 02:00 PM']You do good work! I might even consult you for a video sometime in the near future! :) However, while watching [i]Dance Floor Anthem (For FF)[/i] (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WxSj83ExIRM), I noticed that there is stolen fanart in the video done by artists I am well acquainted with: The Link x Ilia picture is a paid commission for my friend Leigh done by an artist who goes by LadyShieru, and the Link x Zelda piece is drawn by my friend Betty who goes by Chibi-Rinku.

I'll ask that you refrain from using peoples' artwork without first asking for [i]and receiving[/i] permission. It violates artists' copyrights, and just because it's on the internet, it does not make it public domain. To make is a little clearer, I'll include a bit of information from whatiscopyright.org:

[b][size=3]Copyrights and the Internet.[/size][/b]
[size=2][b]Public domain - not![/b][/size]
[size=1][color="#FFFF00"]When visiting a web site, it is so easy to click and save with a mouse button when one sees a graphic image or photo that one likes, or to view the source code and copy part of or all of the HTML coding because one "likes the way this or that was done" or one "wants a similar layout", or to copy original writings because "that person expresses this or that so well". The general (and incorrect) notion is that anything that is on the internet is public domain and may be taken without permission from the creator/owner. Some people actually think (incorrectly) that just because bits of web pages may be stored in one's cache, or because certain browsers allow one to do "file save as" moves or anything similar one may use such material as one wishes. [b][color="#FFFFFF"]This is false.[/color][/b]

Just because your driveway is not inside of your house, is it in the public domain? Does that give anybody off the street the right to stay on your driveway without your permission, even if they can see it from the street, or easily access it? The same basic principle applies to material published on the internet. Material found on the web may be copied freely only if the information is created by the [b][color="#FFFFFF"](i) federal government[/color][/b], [b][color="#FFFFFF"](ii) if the copyright has expired[/color][/b] or [b][color="#FFFFFF"](iii) the copyright has been abandoned by the holder.[/color][/b] Therefore, "internet" and "public domain" are not synonymous. Any work published on the internet is [b][color="#FFFFFF"]not[/color][/b] automatically placed it in the public domain, unless the material in question complies with one or more of the characteristics mentioned.[/color][/size]

So, I just ask that you not use artwork that people put their hearts into- it's theft, and it could actually get you into a lot of trouble, and I'd really hate for that to happen to somebody who obviously possesses growing talent, you know? Good luck in your future videos! :)[/quote]

Right, and I truly am sorry for that. I forgot to write "Credit to [input usernames here] for the pictures" in the video description, mostly because I found those pictures awhile ago on Deviantart and I forgot to write down their names so I forgot the names. :cry: I promise to ask permission to the people to use their pictures they've drawn next time!

Advice question: Do you think I should apolegize for using their pictures in my video? I do have a Deviantart account, and I could do so [I just don't want to leave stuff like this. I have a bad thing with guilt sometimes. -_-] but I'm also afraid of having that video reported, mostly because 1) I took pics without permission, and 2) My Youtube Account will be suspended if said artist reports it and Youtube accepts it. :cry: Although apolegizing seems to be roaring in my ear right now, far louder than leaving the situation be. Help?

I'm glad you like my videos, though. I do put a lot of effort toward them and hope to become a big-time video editor as a career once I'm older.

Posted

Ok, here's my request:

Topic of video: At the start, any peaceful clips of Twilight Princess, then after the peaceful bit just go crazy with any fighting scenes from TP. In the solo, I just want insane clips of Link and Ganondorf fighting, and then back to lots of fighting clips. Simple, eh?

Song: Whispers (I hear your) by All That Remains

Text: Meh, you choose

FX: At the peaceful bit I want white flashes in time with the beat, and then you can just put any FX you think would go well. The one effect I DO NOT WANT is the picture inside a picture. You know, the one where you can show two different clips at the same time.

Well, thanks if you can do this, I hope it doesn't seem too hard.

Posted

Well, I promised you all that the betas video would be uploaded at the latest, Sunday!
Okay, yes, it's uploaded at a very late time on Sunday [b]BUT NONETHELESS[/b], Sunday! :D

Alright, now, not all of your guys' betas are in this video? Why? Because I can't fit them all, plus, the ones that aren't listed are not very far in the making (usually because either I don't have clips or because something isn't clicking right with the song and clips.)
Now, I've gathered a list of times your requested betas are at in this video, just in case you want to skip all of my other betas. [b]Though it would be very nice and much appreciated if you could watch them all. [/b]^_^ After all, I worked very hard on all of them, not just your guys' requests!
Here's the list just in case:

Requests start at:
Oh Noes' request: 3:58
Na Riknia's request: 5:02
Spartan of Hylia's request: 5:29
The Hero's request: 6:10
XxMidnaxLinkxX's request: 4:37
Vivi's request: 6:22

So, what did you guys think of your betas (or, if you watched the whole thing, what did you think of my other betas? Have a favorite? Think something needed work? I'm all ears!)

P.S: To Lemo. It's going to be a tad tough, seeing as I'm not a fan of the genre of music, but if I can get past the music and listen to it a bit more, I think I can make it. :embarrassed:

Posted

Mines sick i love it

Posted

-DIES-

I LOVE YOU.

I cant wait to see the finished product, I did a fangirl squeal. XD

Posted

[quote name='Saria_Kokiri' post='156338' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:23 PM']P.S: To Lemo. It's going to be a tad tough, seeing as I'm not a fan of the genre of music, but if I can get past the music and listen to it a bit more, I think I can make it. :embarrassed:[/quote]

Meh, I'm not exactly a fan of the singing really, it's only the guitar I'm interested in. But thanks anyway.

Posted

Wonderful! NessxLucas YAYS! :3 They're all pure awesomeness. :D My Favorites are Oh Noes's, Spartan's, and Vivi's. But that is one LONG opening youhave, Saria, lol.

Posted

i cant wait till mine is made! you. are. AWESOME!

Posted

Hmmm,
I should go request a movie too
They look good always :)

So... may I...:
Zelda movie (mix of all zelda's I don't care really :P )
Song As I lay dying - I never wanted

Thanks,
And good luck xD

Posted

[quote name='Cat Girl' post='155333' date='Jul 13 2008, 10:49 PM']Lol. I can't wait to see the NessxLucas one. *wishes Anna was an actual character*[/quote]
If Anna were an actual character, that'd be awesome! :D I'd totally make a video tribute for ya if it were true lol. ^^

[quote]Mines sick i love it[/quote]
Thanks. I'll be taking out some spinning scenes though: they're annoying me greatly. -_-

[quote]-DIES-

I LOVE YOU.

I cant wait to see the finished product, I did a fangirl squeal. XD[/quote]
*hugs* You're welcome! ^_^
Lol are fangirl sqeals a good thing? XD Lol just kidding, but glad you liked it, I'll start working more on it soon [after I wait 3 more days to upload a very hyped up video from my subscribers. [u][b]Eureka Seven Blooper Reel 6.[/b][/u] *dun dun duuuuuuun* XD]

[quote]Wonderful! NessxLucas YAYS! :3 They're all pure awesomeness. My Favorites are Oh Noes's, Spartan's, and Vivi's. But that is one LONG opening youhave, Saria, lol.[/quote]
*hugs* Thanks! NessxLucas ftw. :D And by opening... do you mean the text in the betas video, or my 23 second production opener in my other videos (don't worry, coming up with a new one that's A LOT shorter and more professional-looking.)

[quote]i cant wait till mine is made! you. are. AWESOME![/quote]
It's in progress. Hope you like it once its done. ^^

[quote]Hmmm,
I should go request a movie too
They look good always

So... may I...:
Zelda movie (mix of all zelda's I don't care really )
Song As I lay dying - I never wanted

Thanks,
And good luck xD[/quote]
Alright, I'll get working on it. =)

And with that, my shop is now closed again (guys, you saw how many videos I gotta work on in my betas video, so you have to agree that its reasonable to close it off temporarily again, right?)

Your loyal producer,
-Saria. :D

Posted

Glad I am in time....
Thanks ;)
Chek my stuff page xD