Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zelda Confirmed For Super Smash Bros. Brawl

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Awesome, I look forward to this game =]

Posted

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]MUST............HAVE..........SMASH BROS.!!!!!!!!!!
Although I'll probobly end up playing as only Link anyways....... :embarrassed:

Yours Truely,
:triforce:
Mr.Triforce[/color][/font]

Posted

I'm so glad that Zelda is gonna be in SSBB! :biggrin: :wii:
Wonder what other Zelda characters are gonna be in the game? :unsure:
I hope they put Midna in SSBB!

Posted

Of course, that sword, I'd always thought about that with Zelda being a character on brawl and I forgot about it when i saw these screenshots, but I reckon the chances are she's either going to be able to transform into sheik or have that sword, if its neither of those i have NO idea...

I'm not fussed about her being a brunette, i mean for a start it's only a light brown, plus I think she looks nicer like this, I always thought that blond she had in melee looked a bit fake...

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='51641' date='Jun 25 2007, 10:10 AM']I'm not fussed about her being a brunette, i mean for a start it's only a light brown, plus I think she looks nicer like this, I always thought that blonde she had in melee looked a bit fake...[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]I agree with Gingerlink.... Who cares what color hair she has? I, for one, do not........
I think that they're going to put in windwaker Link, but I'm not totally sure.......

Yours Truely,

Posted

If Shiek is in it, I wonder what he'll look like. I'm so excited!!! This also helps support all of the pre-unlocked characters from Melee being in Brawl.

I for one, can't wait to see DK.

Posted

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]Donkey Kong.... Of course...... How could I forget??????................NOW I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Truely,

Posted

I reckon all the veteran veteran characters (Zelda's gone under veteran characters so by veteran veteran i mean those from the first game)
will be in it. In fact, Zelda's the first character who first appeared in melee to be confirmed.

the wind waker link rumour's been floating about for ages I think there's some element of truth behind that, but if there is, it also means we'll be seeing Baby Bowser and Ridley and be saying goodbye to young link (with the tp styling of adult link i wouldn;t be surprised now), ice climbers and Mr. Game and Watch

Posted

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]I really hope that the rumors are true..... Cel Link would rock!!!!!

Yours Truely,

Posted

I really think she may have Sheik. And if she's not, then Link HAS to have Wolf Link.
I have some very good reasons for this.
It is impossible for either Sheik, or a possible Wolf Link transformation to be absent, if it follows Melee.
One: Zelda in Melee had Sheik.
Two: Link in Melee had the boomerang.
Three: Adult Link could not use the boomerang, therefore he's mixed with some other Link.
Four: Who's to say the Zelda from Brawl wasn't a mixed Zelda?
Five: If Zelda is in fact, Twilight Princess Zelda, mixed with no other Zelda, no Sheik.
Six: Since Link is modelled after the Twilight Pribncess version, he'd have to have a Wolf transformation, because Zelda is also purely a TP character.
Seven: If Link does NOt have a wolf transformation, the characters are mixed, therefore allowing Zelda to have a Sheik transformation.

Apparently these characters represent all Links and Zeldas, therefore if one isn't, then the other must have the same truth. If Brawl follows this, then a Wolf Transformation, or a Sheik Transformation HAS to happen.
This may be a bit confusing.
Ok, Link from Melee wasn't purely Ocarina of Time Link, since he had use of the Boomerang, therefore he is a mix of other Links in the series, and this goes for Zelda as well, but she was based mostly on Ocarina of Time Zelda. Either way, they had elements most other Zeldas and Links were present. If Brawl also shares the, "Mix 'em up" attitude, then Zelda must have a Sheik Transformation anyway, whether she's based on TP Zelda or not. Link wouldn't have to have a Wolf transformation, since they could just say they didn't want TP elements in it. However, if they're based purely on their TP incarnations, then Zelda has either a sword, or just depends on regular combats with the possibilities of Light Arrows, but Link has Wolf form.
I think this makes sense, unless the Brawl creators are just lazy and don't want anymore transformations, which would, in turn, displease a lot of fans. ( I'm fairly skilled with Zelda. Also, if they don't include Sheik or Wolf Link, then they better damn well add Ganondorf with an original Moveset.)
Oh, and Zelda looked prettier blonde! >_<
The hair color throws me off a bit. Melee's Zelda was very pretty.
Anyways, just throwing in a few theories. (I'll likely use Link over all) I'm really hoping for a WW Link to be a replacement for Young Link. I can imagine the moveset! Can you imagine one?

Wind Waker Link would be a lightweight, and could be knocked off the stage as easily as say, Melee Zelda.
He would use the sword and shield that he got on his island, and use a variety of items Link is famous for having; a balance between direct and long-range attacks.

Here's a moveset that would be pure bliss, in my opinion.
B Attack: Arrows, possibly. Maybe a randomization between Fire, Ice, and Light. (Light with lowest chance)
B Smash attack: Skull Hammer. ( A bit slow, with huge damage)
B+Up: Classic recovery move. He could use his version of the parry attack, the skull splitter, which would be innacurate as a move, but makes up for it with incredible damage.
B+Down: Link does the dodge you normally do when you shield+direction, then does a parry attack you see when Link rolls behind a character and slashes upward, which would also be inaccurate, but deals massive damage.
A: Link does his vertical slashes, ending in the two 360 slashes he does when using it in WW.
Grab: Grappling Hook grabbing the character, and bashing repeatedly with sword hilt.
"Super Smash" attack: Hurricane Spin. It's his most powerful move in WW, so why not?

He'd be different from traditional Link, but still an extremely good character.

The character I'm really wanting is either Wolf Link transformation, Sheik Transformation, (I bet he'd get a cool graphical update as well) and Wind Waker Link. In that order.
Well, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS GAME.
PERIOD.
YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW MUCH.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Now Both Link and Zelda are confirmed. Now, all that is left is Ganondorf to finish the triforce lol. :)

Posted

This is great news, but I still don't get used to see her with brown hair. I have seen her always with blond hair and now it looks so different. It is great news to see her in brawl anyway.

Posted

[quote name='eyeoftruth' post='51565' date='Jun 25 2007, 07:11 AM']wow she's hot :biggrin:[/quote]

she is!
I kind of think it's neat now the look of Zelda has evolved over the years!

Posted

I....honestly don't care one bit about the hair. :embarrassed: It could have been blue. Or lavender. Periwinkle, while I'm at it....but I digress. I was never very good with Zelda or Shiek, of course I knew their moves and stuff, but I would only do..."good" with them.
Zelda in Brawl, we will most likely see a Ganondorf now.... :unsure: In case you haven't noticed, that's the ONE THING I want in Brawl. The only character I [i]need[/i] to have there.

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='51665' date='Jun 25 2007, 03:10 PM']( I'm fairly skilled with Zelda. Also, if they don't include Sheik or Wolf Link, then they better damn well add Ganondorf with an original Moveset.)[/quote]
Hey, hey, hey, buddy!! :huh: Don't go jumping to conclusions here! Sure, a few of Ganondorf's moves could be changed (I'm looking at you, non-smash up and A :unsure: ) but besides that, he does nicely as a heavy-hitting kind of guy with skills....(Yes, a sword would surely increase his awesomeness, but I do NOT want him turning into a full-blown swordsman. Also, a Ganon transformation would make my day.)

Posted

it would be reily cool if there was a tripple triforce attack if gannon link and zelda had only one life left that they could use....