Beta.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Was anyone else disappointed that there was no preordering gift with TP?

WW, OoT, and MM all had one. . . :cry:

Posted

Ok, I am beginning to see the point of view being that if TP was released earlier it would have been better. It is true that the game was a little too easy, and maybe having the extra length and detail to it, it would have made up for the easiness. Also, it may have been easier to navigate the land (example: desert) and get to places in a way that made more sense..

Posted

Here's Majora's Mask test room. According to one of the comments, the WW test room has a tower so tall it takes several hours to climb. I wanna jump off that!! It'd probably take quite awhile to fall though. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfb0zHP-9us

And here is the only video of the Blue Fairy from an original Ocarina of Time trailer.

Posted

In the MM Beta video, I can tell that the switch he stepped on was a switch that's supposed to be in Ikana Canyon. :tongue:

Posted

I think TP could have gotten a better outcome, but Nintendo tried too hard this time. I think there is such a thing as trying TOO hard... :wacko:

Posted

Instead on focusing on making it new and good (Like they did with MM and WW) they focused on making it better than OoT a little too much.

Posted

yeah, and sadly it got compared to much with oot... but heck, it's a good game none the less.

Posted

That forest looked unbeleivable. Man, I'd give so much to roam around the Hyrule from the first trailer. It was so big. A field that youcouldn't see the other side of. And it wasn't covered in those wierd rock walls with trees on top that have been used since ALTTP to divide areas. TP had too much of that.

I have to admit, from the look of the first trailer, "The New Zelda Game," as it was known back than, looked like it didn't have much of a story, and was pretty much free roaming. Of course, they didn't have any story yet anyway. But I'd still choose that over TP.

It would be so great to just ride Epona from one end of that Hyrule to the other. And to make your way through that giant forest. Amazing. I can't even remember how long I would just repeatedly watch the scene where the camera was way far back and you just saw this endless field as Link rode past a large rocks. The edge of the forest was visible in the distance and there was a tower that you could barely see making its way to the horizon. And I think thats the old Death Mountain in the very back. So beautiful. Link rode past this gorgeous place on his way to wage war with an army of Bulbins. [1:06]

I've gotta say, TP did have its beautiful moments like this. Like first rafting down the Zora River and looking up at the Eldin Bridge far above you. And particularly from the beginning to the third temple.

Here it is. I looked on YouTube and found this. The breathtaking first trailer of "The New Zelda Game That Never Was.":

*Sigh.*

I remember that video.I first saw it a long time ago.It amazed me back then and I REALLY wanted to fight with my sword on horseback.That was mainly what attracted me to the game back then."The New Zelda Game"....thats exactly what I called it.It may not happen,but Nintendo can fix this.They can make a new Twilight Princess.They can go back and look and say "ok,we screwed up here",and fix it.They could give the game a facelift.They could also focus on releasing it on GAMECUBE,and not the Wii.And those who said that having to have full health to use the great spin took away the Zelda feel,go back and play the first two games.You had to have full health to shoot a laser out of your sword.But like I said,this whole TP 2.0 thing I mentioned probably won't go anywere outside of the realm of fantasy,but I guess I can have something to dream about.

Posted

You mean like a Twilight Princess- Master Quest

Posted

You mean like a Twilight Princess- Master Quest

pretty much.

Posted

I'd rather just have a new Zelda Game. One for Wii where they really focus on the controls. When you slash horizontally, Link slashes horizontally. Same goes for verticle. Spend time on Gameplay.

Majora's Mask only had three temples, but it is considered one of the best Zelda games because it is fun. You can spend hours rolling around as a Goron, or swimming around Great Bay as a Zora.

Posted

Majora's Mask only had three temples, but it is considered one of the best Zelda games because it is fun. You can spend hours rolling around as a Goron, or swimming around Great Bay as a Zora.

Uh, actually there are four temples. The temple in the southern swamp (Forgot it's name...), Snowhead temple, Great Bay Temple, and Sone Tower Temple. :)

Posted

Right, Southern Swamp. I meant to type 4.