Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why does everyone automatically think Ganondorf is the main enemy of the Zelda games?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

ok, this gets on my nerves, I have been a HUGE fan of the Zelda series sence I played The legend of Zelda.

Ganondorf is widely considered the Main villan of the Zelda series but has been only in 3 of them.

LOZ- Ganondorf wasn't even mentioned in this one.

AOL- Same as the first one.

ALTTP- He was MENTIONED by the theif who opens the chest that has a bottle in it, while The Master Sword is being tempered by the blacksmiths. Ganon's other form is the wizard AGANAHIM.

LA- once again, not mentioned, doesn't even have Ganon, exept for the black sillouette of him that the nightmate turns into.

OOT- The first APPEARANCE of Ganondorf in a Zelda game.

MM- once again, not even mentioned, no ganon, heck, barely any Zelda!

OOA/OOS- No ganondorf, and ganon is only in the final battle after you beat the linked version of either game.

WW- Second appearance of Ganondorf.

FS- game coupled with ALTTP for GBA... No Ganondorf, no ganon.

FSA- Mentioned by a greaudo, I don't think you see him though...

MC- No sight, No mention, no Ganon.

TP- Ganondorf is there, you fight him 4 times.

Posted

Probably he is considered the main villain, because he contains the third peice of the triforce, which links Zelda, Ganondorf and Link together. Also, in FSA, you fight Ganon. :)

Posted

Probably he is considered the main villain, because he contains the third peice of the triforce, which links Zelda, Ganondorf and Link together.

yeah that's probably why... and he was the main villian in oot, ww and tp all of the 3d games (exept for MM).

Posted

Well I think when people say Ganondorf, they mean Ganon/Ganondorf. Reffering to either his human or pig form. Nice evidence to back up your post.

Posted

Yea, I can understand that, but my best friend condemns Tp because ganondorf's part wasn't 'important' enough, and that he's been important in most of the Zelda games... It just gets irritating after awhile. :wacko:

Posted

You forgot the Oracle games. So technically he's in more than 5. =O

Sahaqiel

( Ganon or Ganondorf, they're still the same being.)

Posted

OOA/OOS- No ganondorf, and ganon is only in the final battle after you beat the linked version of either game.

OOA/OOS= Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. I don't miss Zelda Games.

And Ganon and Ganondorf aren't always the same being, but I think Ganon originated from ganondorf. Hins the similarities in names. And if what I have heard about ALTTP being the first in the timeline (Some people have told me that Shigeru Miyamoto himself said this, not sure I believe it myself.) then there HAVE to be ATLEAST 2 different Ganondorfs. but if what I beleave is true then Ganondorf died in Wind Waker, but Ganon escaped.

Posted

ganondorf turns into ganon... they are the same beeing.

Posted

Ganon is the pure essence of malice in Ganondorf that causes the transformation. This is aided by the Triforce of Power. So Ganondorf's hatred and evil inside of him overtakes him completely, and he turns into Ganon. In Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Ganondorf is ressurrected, but the ritual fails, and all they bring back is a mindless Ganondorf, who is in Ganon form. In Four Swords Adventure, Ganondorf is human until the end, (Though you never see him) where he obtains his Trident of Power, (The giant three-pronged staff Ganon normally wields) which makes him turn into Ganon. Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being. In Twilight Princess, where Ganondorf turns into Ganon, did someone somehow pull Ganondorf off the scene and replace it with a pig? No. It was Ganondorf in pig form. Ganon and Ganondorf are one and the same. In Twilight Princess, they even alternate betweeen names. No matter which form he's in. In Wind Waker, Ganondorf completely calmed down. He still had hatred flowing through his veins, but not enough to completely freak out and kill everything in his swine-like form. Shigeru actually once said that Ocarina of Time was first in the timeline, and Ocarina of Time is after A Link to the Past.

You should really count Ganon; they're basically the same person.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ganon is the pure essence of malice in Ganondorf that causes the transformation. This is aided by the Triforce of Power. So Ganondorf's hatred and evil inside of him overtakes him completely, and he turns into Ganon. In Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Ganondorf is ressurrected, but the ritual fails, and all they bring back is a mindless Ganondorf, who is in Ganon form. In Four Swords Adventure, Ganondorf is human until the end, (Though you never see him) where he obtains his Trident of Power, (The giant three-pronged staff Ganon normally wields) which makes him turn into Ganon. Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being. In Twilight Princess, where Ganondorf turns into Ganon, did someone somehow pull Ganondorf off the scene and replace it with a pig? No. It was Ganondorf in pig form. Ganon and Ganondorf are one and the same. In Twilight Princess, they even alternate betweeen names. No matter which form he's in. In Wind Waker, Ganondorf completely calmed down. He still had hatred flowing through his veins, but not enough to completely freak out and kill everything in his swine-like form. Shigeru actually once said that Ocarina of Time was first in the timeline, and Ocarina of Time is after A Link to the Past.

You should really count Ganon; they're basically the same person.

Sahaqiel

Ok, I see your point, I was talking about the Greaudo Ganondorf, but your point is valid. but one thing doesn't make any sence, if OOT came first in the timeline, then how did it come after ALTTP?

Posted

ganon/dorf has been in ALMOST evey zelda game. ecxeptions I know of:MM and MC. end of story. I'm going to get on with my life now.

Posted

It's spelled, "Gerudo", and where do you get this stuff? I said Ocarina of Time was after A Link to the past, not in the timeline, in production. XD

Ok, here's a better explanation.

A Link to the Past was made before Ocarina of Time, but comes after Ocarina of Time in the timeline.

Production: LttP -> OoT

Timeline: OoT - > Some other stuff -> LttP

There we go.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I thought AoL was widely considered to be the final game in timeline A (with wind waker being pretty much the only one in Timeline B )

Also, the whole resurrection thing from OOS and OOA, which i hadn't completed before, explains a lot.

and I would say Ganon originates from Ganondorf as well, OoT being the strongest source of that in the boss battle....(actually, same goes for TP really)

Posted

Ah, but you froget Puppet Ganon! Puppet Ganon is still Ganondorf's Ganon form. It just looks different. Like in TP, he doesn't look much like a pig (or at least the original pig kind- he looks like a boar).

So I say this: Ganondorf is teh Gerudo who got the Triforce of Power. This allowed him to turn into a beast named Ganon. Yay.

Posted

It's spelled, "Gerudo", and where do you get this stuff? I said Ocarina of Time was after A Link to the past, not in the timeline, in production. XD

Ok, here's a better explanation.

A Link to the Past was made before Ocarina of Time, but comes after Ocarina of Time in the timeline.

Production: LttP -> OoT

Timeline: OoT - > Some other stuff -> LttP

There we go.

Sahaqiel

Ok, I understand now, Thankyou