Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bringing Hyrule Back - Your feedback needed.

39 posts in this topic

Posted

So long ago, Hyrule.net was THE #1 most visited, most active, most known Zelda fan site on the internet.

Sadly, I screwed that up when I went to college and took the site down for a while. It didn't recover as well as I had hoped. It being down for a while really hurt traffic and its popularity.

So how do we return Hyrule.net so its rightful place at the top? I'm open to any and all suggestions. Site ideas, advertising ideas, improvements, ideas for getting higher on search engines, advertising campaign ideas, anything. This post is similar to the suggestion topic except these suggestions need to focus on things that would significantly improve the number of visitors and/or the retention of them.

What do the more popular Zelda sites have that we don't? What could we do to stand out above them?

Posted

Hmmm... let's seeeee....

What Others have that We DON'T

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mailbag - Hyrule.net DID have one.

Fan Theories

Winamp Skins

MSN/Aim Icons

Interviews... webmasters etc.

Zelda 2007+ also known as Zelda ???

Topsites

Spin offs

Weekly Newsletter... eh' not on other sites but am Working on it for mine... "The Hylian Chronicles"

I'll think of some others later.

Posted

Fan theories we already technically have a section for

Zelda 2007+ is zelda revolution, we've had discussions on that, as there's no more info we can only go so far

and as for spi-offs there's only really the CD-i games and noone wants to talk about them...

and we HAVE got two games coming for the sites (ok, mine will be kinda split, but there will probabbly be a couple of inside jokes and probabbly several links to hyrule.net)

I'll try and think of some good easy-to-implement ideas though if I can...it's usually better to have original stuff, if we have something another site has, people will just think...meh...

Posted

I kinda have an idea for when hyrule.net online comes out... why don't you make it a 1 hour or 10 day trial or something until you have to register to the forums and make so many amount of posts to be able to play perm... maybe after 20 good posts they will turn into an active member...

Posted

meh, that seems a bit harsh, its not really about how many members we have, the main important thing is site traffic, the more active members will follow better if we don't force them. Plus doing that will effectively invite them to spam.

I'd like to go to Leipzig to try and get some more new content for the site (end of august, Leipzig games convo, probs bigger than E3 now), doesn't look like I'll be able to afford to go though, made me wonder though, would we be able to get any sort of special treatment somewhere like that yet? I mean some guys in the Hylia got to go to E3...

Posted

I mean some guys in the Hylia got to go to E3...

And play phantom hourglass ... :unsure:

Posted

I can likely get staff access to events such as E3, etc. We are big enough and qualify for press access. We also have official Nintendo press access. The downside is that there isn't much money for paying for those things but the places that charge for tickets we may be able to do something about that but still someone would have to live near it since we can't afford to like pay to transport people....

But if someone lives near an event or can get themselves there, I can probably get you press access/ticket.

Gametap: I play Phantom Hourglass too :) And I posted a lot of vids of playing it early on :D Check out the site's Youtube.

Posted

Let's Think:

Articles; Fanfics; Fan Art; Fan Music (could be released in albums); Fan Comics; Fan Programs; Fanimations; Fantography; Poems and Songs; Fan Videos; Desktop Stuff; Better Radio; Polls; Trivia; Merchandise; auctions; Hyrule.net store, upgrades for things like my.hyrule; Sheet music; Sprite/picture captions; etc.

A wii campaign where people can register their address on a sort of mini forum, like http://www.shoutmix.com/main/, and they can recieve site updated, news etc.

Posted

More theories, fanfictions and rumors on the left side bar thing on the home page!

Posted

I can likely get staff access to events such as E3, etc. We are big enough and qualify for press access. We also have official Nintendo press access. The downside is that there isn't much money for paying for those things but the places that charge for tickets we may be able to do something about that but still someone would have to live near it since we can't afford to like pay to transport people....

But if someone lives near an event or can get themselves there, I can probably get you press access/ticket.

Gametap: I play Phantom Hourglass too :) And I posted a lot of vids of playing it early on :D Check out the site's Youtube.

Well, if i can afford to go to Leipzig (it's mainly the price of the plane ticket that's gonna bother me), I'll be sure to say :P

Posted

Well, if i can afford to go to Leipzig (it's mainly the price of the plane ticket that's gonna bother me), I'll be sure to say :P

Ya mean "Stay"?

Anyway, two words, but not just this: HYRULE ONLINE.

Posted

no, i mean say, because i don't talk to Dustin, I probabbly won't be able to get a special pass :P

Actually, something i meant o suggest before, how easy would a search for the forums be? I mean like to find topics...

Posted

The English or japanese version... TSA got to play the english version infront of everyone on e3....

Posted

Actually, something i meant o suggest before, how easy would a search for the forums be? I mean like to find topics...

We already have that. All you have to do is click on the forum navigation tab beneath the last post. Then click on Search. I believe that it's 2 down from the top of the list.

Posted

I belive Hyrule Online will increase the activity, alot of forums have role playing forums, but I don't really think that will be to populair.

I'm thinking we also should have competitions, with rupees as prizes. Like most original name, best theory, most posts, things like that. Maybe on a weekly basis.