Post Yourself

5508 posts in this topic

Posted

ok so me and my firend taylor decided we were going to capture the flag. Their team was lazy so about 15 of them were just sitting in their base. We discussed it for a bit and decided with 9 shots between us we weren't going to be able to take them on, so we needed a distraction

I am very, VERY distracting

I just walk up to them on one side, and i just start talking:

"I am on your team guys, which is WHY i am pointing a gun at you!"

some people start standing up and facing me. I don't break eye contact.

"ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT FRIENDLY GUYS"

While I keep this up for another 30 seconds, Taylor casually walks in on the other side, grabs their flag and bolts

I open fire.

Posted

That all sounds ludicrously fun. So its swords and guns? How do the rules work?

Posted

t1g nobody cares just change your avatar

Posted

It's just basic capture the flag. Two teams, with bases maybe a fifth of a mile apart. Each team has a flag, and the goal is to take the enemy team's flag back to your base. There's a "Designated respawn point" for each team near each team's flag, so if you get shot or hit by anything at all, you have to go respawn. No Killing anyone if you're dead. If the enemy teams steal each other's flags at the same time, no one wins. You keep playing until you have two flags in your base. I wouldn't exactly say it was "Swords and Guns" so much as I would "Guns and some melee weapons, if you have them and want to use them." Swords are pretty useless unless you're both out of ammo, but it's also ridiculously dramatic if you're both out of ammo. You wouldn't use them in one on one unless you didn't have time to reload. I killed a lot of people with my gun just because they were using swords.

My gear was useful enough. I carry a nitefinder with a stonewall sword and shield. In other words, a single shot long ranged pistol, with a knife and a small kite shield. The pistol proved to be invaluable, and the shield especially so. But the knife was too small for me to use effectively in melee combat. There were so, so many times when I swung at someone that I would have killed them, if I was just using a longer sword. However, it also turned out that that knife makes an absolutely deadly thrown weapon at close range. I'm currently in the process of finding four more so I can fill my bandolier completely with throwing knives. And I think I'll just be using a longer sword next time. My Heart says "NO! Use a Mace or a battle axe!" But those are difficult to carry around, unlike swords, which you can just stick in a belt loop. If I had a way to do it, I'd definitely just use a mace or something.

At the beginning of the game, I played pretty loud and raucously, running around killing everyone I saw. It proved to be a good method especially when I could surprise the enemy team, and I would get two or three kills with that knife before I had to respawn. Sadly, my own team was so freaking lazy that it barely made a difference. Out of thirteen or fourteen people, I was the only one actively pushing to the enemy base. Our team actually set up a small outpost with the enemy base in view, and I'd run up and fend everyone off, and even when I'd charge in with five people behind me, those five people would just stand back and watch while I attacked people. Fine teamwork there, friends. Thanks for having my back.

After that push failed, I went back to my base and respawned, then went to check a different route behind our base where guys might have been coming from. Sure enough, there were three members of the enemy team coming in from behind a wheat field. T1g was there, along with Taylor (the guy he mentioned), and Kaffles' cousin. When T1G and Taylor saw me killing kaffles' cousin, the two of them ducked into the wheat field and ran off. I would have chased them, but they were already out of range of my pistol.

Whenever T1g and I encountered each other on the battlefield, it often went something like this:

BROTHER!

532142_10151064064649273_1072551178_n.jpg

I HAVE COME FOR YOU, BROTHER!

375611_10151064064739273_502207822_n.jpg

And you guys too, but brother first.

563317_10151064064794273_1834684096_n.jpg

Apparently, Elusive irc personality/Muffin's irl friend Hunter saved the above photo as "Bwen and his Swag." That made me laugh.

I walked into skirmishes shouting like a maniac and then killing everyone a lot. By everyone I mean like two or three guys. It would have been way more if I had a longer sword. Seriously. So many swings I missed by just a couple inches.

Anyways, When I got back to my base without killing them, I warned my team that two guys were coming to take their flag. Everyone was sitting and resting, nobody was pushing, everyone was LAZY. So I recruited a friend to come hunting with me. Remember the girl from the other photos, with the red hair and the wolf on her shield? That's Soap. She posted on this forum for like a month before she got tired of it. She's cool. We hang out. Anyways, she and I went stealthing, to try and sneak into the enemy base, just the two of us. I figured since we had just failed our big push and everyone was resting back at the base, the enemy team was going to do a big push against us. Assuming my team could handle themselves, I decided the two of us would sneak into the enemy base and kill whoever they left behind to defend the flag, then abscond with said flag. This plan relied on my team being willing and able to defend themselves against the enemy team.

552613_10151064059334273_65501431_n.jpg

391434_10151064059599273_1451960705_n.jpg

Also she made a post right here if you don't remember here with a picture she drew, because she happens to be pretty good at art. Also, feel free to read that thread. It has some golden material in it.

Anyways.

The enemy base was a pavillion in the woods partially surrounded by trees, on one side of a big hill. Soap and I snuck allll the way around the other side of the hill, careful to make sure no one was watching us. A bunch of members of the enemy team walked past, but they didn't see us. That was pretty great. We made it all the way around to the woods behind their base, and snuck through all the dead leaves, making a silly ammount of noise we didn't mean to make. After the game, I later asked Saha if he knew of anyone with tights or thigh highs or something i could wear on my legs so i could run around without making as much noise. I'm worried that wearing said item of clothing would ruin them after one game by wearing out the legs, but I need some way to be sneaky without being barefoot. You don't want to be barefoot in the woods. Waaaaaay too many bugs. But I digress.

Soap and I managed to sneak into the enemy compound (there were a couple sheds next to their pavilion), and got directly under their base (A patio/balcony) without them noticing. It was intense. We were sitting there waiting for someone to come down the stairs we were under so we could kill them by jabbing a sword beneath the steps. While we were down there, trying to guess how many people were up there, we heard some of them talking about how the game had ended. Which was shocking to hear. So we rushed up there and let ourselves be killed so we could talk to the enemy team peacefully and see what had happened.

It turned out that while soap and I were sneaking to the enemy base, Eat Bok Bok, the other guy featured in Saha's photos/organizer of the event/leader of the enemy team decided that no one was trying hard enough to steal the other---

It should be noted that, while I was typing there, Sahaqiel and T1g tried to sneak into my room and kill me with swords and surprise while I was unarmed.

I killed them both.

Anyways.

--- Steal the other team's flag, so he actually got his team together to take their own flag to the outskirts of our base, to tempt them to push and take it. Of course, while that was happening, T1G was doing his thing with Taylor where they stole the flag together. So not only was the flag not there when we did our sneak, the enemy team actually stole our flag, solely because our team was too lazy to function properly. You can imagine my frustration. It was then that Saha and I resolved to be on the same team next time. There was probably more but I'm too busy thinking about how I just murdered the shit out of Saha and T1g after they tried to kill me like that. Saha swung his sword at me and I straight up caught it in my hand and took it from him and beat him with it. And then I threw it at t1g through a narrow half open doorframe and he died. I scolded them for trying to assassinate King Pheo. It was great.

Posted

If I were ever to be a part of this I would need the following:

2 nerf pistols (with holsters.)

1 nerf Longshot (with strap, so as to be placed on my back when not in use.)

1 shield (targe-like, if possible.)

1 nerf Longsword (for rushing.)

1 Grand Cape (because capes are cool.)

of course I'll probably NEVER GET TO DO THIS because everyone lives so far from me and I don't own any of the things I just listed.

Posted

Fun fact: Today, Saha and I shopped on ebay for nerf stuff. Saha sniped a deal that landed him a longshot (rifle), two nitefinders (single shot pistols like mine), and a maverick (the six shooter pistol). I bought a second stonewall sword/and shield set for dirt cheap to help complete my knife bandolier, and was planning on just giving the shield to saha, because I didn't need two, unless I wanted to fit them on my shoulders World of Warcraft Style, but that's as pointless as it is detrimental as it is garrish.

Point is, all those things you just listed that you'd want? Five Hours ago, Sahaqiel got all of them. Except the sword, but I'm pretty sure we all have those anyways. And Capes are just towls or something.

Posted

You sort of look like christian bale in the walking pictures

Posted

okay good. now then...

If everyone could just come up to northern Ohio I could join the fight.

I feel like I'm asking for too much...

Posted

You sort of look like christian bale in the walking pictures

It's funny because this was said in irc a couple hours ago

[19:19:14] <Pheonix561> Christian Bale was cast to play pheo in the new hnet movie

[19:19:22] <Pheonix561> ah ha

[19:19:24] <Pheonix561> ah ha ha

[19:19:26] <Pheonix561> ha

okay good. now then...

If everyone could just come up to northern Ohio I could join the fight.

I feel like I'm asking for too much...

It wouldn't be terribly far for you to come visit in saint louis for natsucon, would it? I know Skyler was thinking of showing up and he lives in Ohio, too. Though you might still be a couple years too young to handle that on your own right now.

Posted

@ Saha: i shall be there.

you'll probably have to re-send the invite on Aug 4th though.plz

Posted

Yeah, I don't even have a driver's license yet, so transportation is really the biggest issue here.

But as Celestia god as my witness, I will make it to one of these things. Eventually. And when I do, I will emerge to the sound of the Trigun theme, wearing my red plaid war-pants. Which are also my pajama pants. I SLEEP IN MY WAR PANTS. But I digress. When I do actually show up, it will be glorious.

Posted

I love the mask. I feel like you should have a cape on.

And a feather braided into your hair.

I used to have three masks, like in my avatar. The one I'm wearing is the one I bought years ago originally, that has since fallen into disrepair. but ya, I was trying to be sneaky. The original location was an abandoned mall, which would have been more white and gray, hence my color scheme. But instead we had to go outdoors.

Going to try and make an underbarrel/top rail attachment for my Nerf gun that fires a blast of water to disorient opponents.

Posted

Nerf gun with underbarrel super soaker...

Genius.

Posted

It should be noted that, while I was typing there, Sahaqiel and T1g tried to sneak into my room and kill me with swords and surprise while I was unarmed.

I killed them both.

died laughing. pheo that is so like you.

abandoned mall

that sounds badass. hrnnnnnnn jealous :<

Posted

I think there is an abandoned mall sort of close to where I live. Rolling Acres Mall... My mom worked at the KB Toys that used to be there. Unfortunately due to gang violence or something the mall slowly began to... recede. All the stores are gone, and I'm not quite sure if it is still even there. I still remember the last day everything was open. There was a super soaker war between KB Toys and the guys at Spencer's Gifts. I was on Team KB, since I was actually seen as a close friend of the staff. It was fun.

Well great, now I'm all depressed about one of my favorite childhood locations being completely abandoned. Man, that place had the COOLEST fountain.