Post Yourself

5508 posts in this topic

Posted

Regardless of how stupid goggles tend to be in character design, if I saw someone wearing goggles or other protective eyewear while doing anything while traveling at any significant speed in an area populated by insects, I would not judge that person whatsoever. At night in the summer while biking down the Metro bike trail, I was completely bombarded. I had to keep most of my face covered except a tiny sliver where I opened my eye, and only just enough so that the eyelashes would still be touching and offer protection. Otherwise I'd have insects in my eyes, nose, and mouth, so I tend to bring a filter paper mask as well.  Having bugs hit your face is disgusting and painful.

Plus, protective eyewear is just a handy thing to have on you. At least, in my life, I typically benefit from carrying it around in my backpack or whathaveyou.

Posted

I don't doubt it. The bus stop at night is crazy thick with bugs

Posted

Biking at night around here...I've worn balaclavas in summer with some kind of wrap around sunglasses because of how bad bugs are, they will just fly into you, mouth, nose, eyes, it's horrible.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Insects in the face don't bug me at all!

*insert gif of someone creepily eating a bug that i couldn't find after searching google for 5 mins*

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Insects in the face don't bug me at all!

*insert gif of someone creepily eating a bug that i couldn't find after searching google for 5 mins*

should've just used a Timon and Pumba

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Not creepy enough

Posted

Yeah, okay, they did actually make eating grubs sound delicious....

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

god dammit your nephews are hilarious and adorable

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Oh man, Aiden does this thing now, I have no idea who taught him it. But he knows how to pretend he was kidding in order to keep his coolguy image. We would do stuff like, he'd say "Hey Uncle (unka, unkoh, etc) Ben, can I touch this button on your keyboard?" And so on, and I'd say "no, this isn't a toy." And then he'd start nudging me with his elbow and going "Come on Uncle Ben, I was just kidding!" Just, like, this guy. This little try-hard.

I MISS THEM ALREADY ;-;

Posted

That's so cute

Posted

Gee, last time I did this was like... 5 years ago. Maybe Idk, but not a lot has changed.

post-5031-0-58679600-1410375622_thumb.jp

LLmao ?✊?, Knuckle, Teto and 1 other like this

Posted

No, you're definitely looking a lot different. I mean come on, 5 years? That's the difference between maybe 15 and 20, whatever your age is. There's no way you look the same now as you did then.

Posted

Yeah, but I still have this face that screams "I'm nowhere near 21." Which isn't bad, it's just... weird. I'll post a picture sometime after I shave and show you what I mean. I look like I'm still 16. xD